randomness

Anything else
Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Re: randomness

Post by Chalky » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:56 pm

\o/ = "STEVE HOLT!"

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:32 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Dunn

- Rest in peace, you, jackass.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:34 pm

That sucks. Ryan Dunn was a funny guy.

well, lots of skilled drivers crash their rigs, and sometimes they die or get seriously hurt doing it...

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 pm

I don't think it helped that he was buzzed and going at 100mph :roll: I said this in another forum and got some flak from one or two Dunn fans, but I'm certainly not shedding tears for him. He made several irresponsible choices that led to his death. Dying's no fun, and we shouldn't ever be desensitized to human death, no matter who they are, so I do feel bad for him (I actually had a pretty big problem with this back when Bin Laden was killed and people were like "YES WOO AWESOME FUCK HIM") but I don't have much sympathy to spare for the man when there are thousands of people dying by the minute who don't deserve it, yet I'm expected to mourn some guy who died by crashing his Porsche because he was tipsy and sped into a tree?

Oh, and he also killed the innocent passenger. That guy I feel pretty bad for, because he just made the dumb decision of riding with Dunn.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:02 pm

^ ^ ^ all true. Even if he wasn't that buzzed, he must have been tired, and on a highway there could have been anything-- a deer, some other car that didn't stop, some random debris. In fact, from the pics of the site, they could have been easily killed even if he was going 50 on that corner.

Ah well, everything in time runs out of time, they say.

EDIT: OK just saw this:
"According to West Goshen police, the Jackass and former Viva La Bam star had a blood alcohol content of .196 -- almost two-and-a-half times the Pennsylvania legal limit, which is .08, TMZ reported Wednesday.

In addition, police now believe Dunn was driving between 132-140mph -- up from their prior estimate of 130mph -- when his Porsche jumped a guardrail into a wooded area and then burst into flames after smashing into a tree."

So he's pretty much an asshole. As are any of his friends who saw him get into his car. .196 is frickin' hammered, in case you haven't ever measured you blood alcohol level.

Twat.

RIP anyway.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:37 pm

kehaar wrote:That sucks. Ryan Dunn was a funny guy.

well, lots of skilled drivers crash their rigs, and sometimes they die or get seriously hurt doing it...
He was probably pissed out of his mind, and was doing about 180 KMPH on some road. I don't think this is comparable to a skilled driver crashing his rig...

Nonetheless he made a stupid decision and in this case it cost the lives of two people, and my thoughts are with both of them and their families and friends. Disrespecting the dead by insulting them doesn't make either of you any better.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote: He was probably pissed out of his mind, and was doing about 180 KMPH on some road. I don't think this is comparable to a skilled driver crashing his rig...

Nonetheless he made a stupid decision and in this case it cost the lives of two people, and my thoughts are with both of them and their families and friends. Disrespecting the dead by insulting them doesn't make either of you any better.
well, I wasn't trying to make myself better, and I stand by what I said, especially about his friends: if they saw him get into his car then fuck them. Of course maybe no one was around, who knows.

As for skill, I know he had a fair amount of experience driving fast. And I know some people can maintain on a higher BA level than others. I guess the combination might give a guy some unwarranted confidence, too.

Sad for both of them and their families. :cry:

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:49 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:Image

I would play the shit out of this if it was real.
The next parody... The call of doodie... It's the shit!!

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:00 am

Conner36 wrote:

To me that doesn't look that cute. More angry, evil like. Sorta like something that would want to kick me in the nuts over and over.

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:10 am

Chalky wrote:
Conner36 wrote:

To me that doesn't look that cute. More angry, evil like. Sorta like something that would want to kick me in the nuts over and over.
You've been watching too much Happy Tree Friends.

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:13 am

....possibly...

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:15 am

Question: Is it actually helpful to have an innocent, pathetic, looking drivers license picture? Need to know for when I get mine.

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 am

Chalky wrote:Question: Is it actually helpful to have an innocent, pathetic, looking drivers license picture? Need to know for when I get mine.

Nice one! Especially since I'm in for my drivers license this week....

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:00 am

On the off chance that somebody here hasn't seen this yet...

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:41 am

I had, it's awesome. I wonder why it took so long to come out.