randomness

Anything else
Zelron

Re: randomness

Post by Zelron » Tue May 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Freshbite wrote:the output adjusts itself to a new "prediction" based on the new circumstance that arrived since its last output.
If the output adjusts itself based on any information then that information becomes the input.
Thus Input->Output.

To put an end to this "F or B" argument, the priciple didn't apply to human input, it applyed to very specific scientific events that are inanimate and can't be dicks like humans to try and prove people wrong.
They experiment they used to prove this was quantum entanglement. Which follows kind of a "schrodinger's law" that two partices are not actually "entangled" until someone trys to measure them. They were saying in the article that the particles were "entangled" before anyone looked at them.

Which honestly begs the question as to how they knew anything about them before they actually looked that them. :|

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue May 29, 2012 9:11 pm

This is fucking cool.

Zelron

Post by Zelron » Tue May 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
[+] Video
This is fucking cool.
That sounded pretty cool...until they mentioned it was a turned based RPG.
Just not my cup of tea. :(

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Zelron wrote:
Freshbite wrote:the output adjusts itself to a new "prediction" based on the new circumstance that arrived since its last output.
If the output adjusts itself based on any information then that information becomes the input.
Thus Input->Output.
What would happen If I were to take a single bit inverter from the output and stick it to the input?

Therefore if output (which is input) is true, then output (which is input) false and vice versa.

What would happen?

The circuit would stabilize at a neutral voltage.

The beauty about the information going back in time is not the fact that paradoxes develop

its the fact that logical paradoxes and problems that infintely continue on and on, can be solved instantaneously.

Remember that joke about the mathematician calculating half the distance to the doorway and then walking it and calculating it again, thus never getting out of the doorway?

a quantum computer would never get stuck on a logical problem such as this and would simply ... walk through the doorway in real time.

A problem like this

is solved on a computer by culling the majority of the formula to get an approximate answer because for each part it works on, it takes time to do.

However, with a quantum computer, it doesn't matter how many operations it takes to solve the problem because no matter how many components this problem breaks down to, each operation is for all practical purposes, is instantaneous.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:29 pm

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed May 30, 2012 3:56 am

Well, having just finished a Pre cal math course, I don't completely understand the math, but I think that in the problem each new addition is getting smaller, because the denominator is factorial, so then it is a series which converges, so it has an actual answer, not just infinity. Is this right? If so, it makes your post make more sense. What your saying is currently, a computer would calculate each addition, going on with the pattern until it's adding inconsequentially small numbers, and that is the approximation, but with a quantum computer it would do each instantaneously, and thus add all infinite steps at once, getting an exact answer instantaneously.
Jacktheawesome wrote:No! No! But...but we were having an actual thought provoking discussion! We...but-

Viktor? Brian?

Fuck you guys. I'm going to bed.
I agree. Let's talk about llamas, or how sexy and motherfuckery I am, as stated by Freshbite and Assaultman.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed May 30, 2012 7:18 am

I think we can now legitimately say that none of us knows what the fuck Bryan's talking about. Image

ShinyGem

Post by ShinyGem » Wed May 30, 2012 10:27 am

Dude, Math is hard enough with just numbers, don't get letters involved in it. :(

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Yeah seriously. Just finished Algebra 2/Trig here. No idea what the hell all that math meant. The idea is certainly interesting though.

Zelron

Post by Zelron » Wed May 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Math is too hard.
Real men just punch each other in the face!

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:38 pm

Pfff, that just looks like a simple mclaurin polynomial.

More terms -> Closer to the value y(x).

And he's just saying that quantom computer would require infinitesimal small periods of time to calculate one term.

Simple.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed May 30, 2012 6:07 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:Pfff, that just looks like a simple mclaurin polynomial.

More terms -> Closer to the value y(x).

And he's just saying that quantom computer would require infinitesimal small periods of time to calculate one term.

Simple.
So, basically what I said. The name, or the fact that the number it is reaching is y(x) isn't important to what he was saying. (I suppose it's good to know though)

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Well, the fact that the series Image converges to f(x) as Image is essential, since it's an approximation that with infinite terms, IE infinite computer power is equal to the sought value is essential in the described problem.

Yeah, I'm just namedropping things for funsies!

EDIT: Well this was flawed, I'll fix it in the morning...

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:16 pm

The fact that it can solve the segments instantaneously means it can solve the exact solution for the problem instantaneously.

A problem. Infinitely long. Solved instantly.

Any problem you can think of, no matter how long, can be solved instantly as long as the answer converges somewhere.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed May 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Get the fuck back on the Survival server.

Unless you're going to listen to Nuglah, then it's a-okay.