randomness

Anything else
droog

Re: randomness

Post by droog » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 am

Glabbit wrote:What an utter delight!
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

By the by, your username isn't a Dungeon Siege reference, is it?
Well it reminds me of Dungeon Siege every time I see it anyway.

Amooh.
:D You are welcome <3
No it's a reference to Stanley Kubricks "Clockwork Orange". :wink:

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:34 pm

droog wrote: No it's a reference to Stanley Kubricks "Clockwork Orange". :wink:

you would like my halloween costume.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Ahhhh! That's pretty great.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:18 pm

droog

Post by droog » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:22 pm

underthedeep wrote:
droog wrote: No it's a reference to Stanley Kubricks "Clockwork Orange". :wink:

you would like my halloween costume.

Awwwwwwweeesoome! :mrgreen:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:57 am

Assaultman67 wrote:NGE has a pretty notorious reputation to be deep and thought provoking. I honestly was just curious what you would think of the ending (really the series in general).

I am just intellectually starved when it comes to anime conversations. Really the only time I have any serious conversation as to the plot of anime is here.

I have other friends online into anime, but they don't like what I watch and I don't like what they watch. (probably on a different power level)

So when people announce "I'm watching a really awesome anime show for the first time!" I like to hear their reactions to it.
Okay so I've finished the 26 episodes, and I've watched Death & Rebirth, and I've watched End Of Evangelion. I'm honestly too tired to say everything I want to about this story but for now I'll just say holy christ that was one hell of a ride. The ending of EoE is so bittersweet. They really pulled some punches on my heartstrings with this shit. There's no all-too-common-in-anime "MAGICAL SAVE AT THE END OF THE DAY". I respect that. It's a bad ending, and because it's a bad ending, it's a great ending.

To explain what I mean by "bad" ending, I mean it's the ending that most people wouldn't be expecting. And I imagine it had a lot of people going "No...no, this can't be it. IT CAN'T END LIKE THAT. THIS SUCKS. I HATE YOU ANNO. I'LL KILL YOU." I had a mild version of such feelings. I mean EoE's ending, just to clarify. It turns out, and I found this out when I mentioned the ending to my friend Jim, that Anno apparently received death threats for his original ending to the Neon Genesis Evangelion series. How seriously you can take death threats from such hardcore otakus is another story, since that would require them to venture outside their bedrooms for something other than to eat and shit.

I will suffice to say I prefer how EoE chose to rap things up over the 25th and 26th episodes of the series that were originally the "end". I enjoyed that too, in itself, but I was thinking either (a) Anno was emotionally unstable, or (b) budget difficulties. Both are apparently believed by different fans, but (b) is the only one that's actually quantifiably true. I thought it was a brave and original attempt at the ending to it. It didn't really go for the safe ending, and that's a victory despite the sketchy execution. Animation was lacking there, which can be gleaned from the fact that 50% of episodes 25 and 26 are set against a black background, with either only writing or a couple of characters on-screen (sometimes just one character, jesus h. christ this show loves it characters having self-introspectual soliloquys).

Overall, this show made me more self-introspectual than any other show I've watched, and that's something, ain't it? Three cheers for the medium.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 am

Okay, I've watched Evangelion 1.11, 2.22 and 3.33 now. I much prefer this telling of the story.

droog

Post by droog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:41 pm

If someone of you have some money left please help these guys: :mrgreen:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kri ... -the-sleep

A great horror exploration game from an indie company based in norway.
It's definitely worth a look.

Markiplier plays the alpha:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLhs_VadBo8

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:56 am

That actually looks like a really neat game. I'm strapped for cash at the moment though so no can do. I'll certainly consider picking up the game once it's done though.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Brb peeing myself

Glorious 720p HD viewing

Sony I don't have the money to keep up with your damn exclusives

AND your console launch next year fuck you

Let me pirate your stuff >:C

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Screw the new console release, there are enough games coming out for current consoles in the coming months that you could wait an entire year (or more) and not worry about the PS4/Xbox 720.

Tales of Xillia (PS3)
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
Time and Eternity (PS3)
Project X Zone (3DS)
Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSP...no, not Vita...PSP)
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)

...just to name a few...

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Sony are releasing games for the PSP again?! What happened to the Vita? That didn't exactly do well.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Its just one game, and its being localized by Aksys Games.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 am

This just in. Everyone should watch GINTAMA. Because I've just started it last week and it caresses my inner pun enthusiast.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu May 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Gintama is indeed a fantastic anime which will give you adventures of every single genre, filled with ridiculous over-the-top humour and parody and satire. I love how they don't seem to bother taking themselves seriously even in the most serious arcs.
Also Gintama features the most hilarious facial expressions the history of emotional depiction has ever seen.