randomness

Anything else
rodeje25

Re: randomness

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:03 pm

this feels statisfying (look at who posted the last)

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: redacted

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Endoperez wrote:
I thought he could learn.
You overestimated yourself.
Also I have a hard time ignoring the stuff he says.
You didn't try hard enough.
I mean, 'gamers are bad' is as bad as doxxing and swatting and harassment of a specific person?
Because the people I quoted didn't dox (I think that's singular) the people they harassed.
8chan had a thread about blocking a suicide hotline because SJW were talking about a teen's suicide?
Well that's horrible, glad I'm not a part of that.
Being sensitive is ethically wrong?
I think you missed my point there.
I said caring for feelings is ethical, but being sensitive is stupid. So people shouldn't "tread lightly". But they still shouldn't insult people.
In a phrase "Be normal".
Claiming journalists are insignificant compared to him?
Here's a hint:

Ladies and gentlemen, mister Conway Twitty.
And finally:

He claims feminism is harassment and abuse when feminists speak against it all the time?
Because, the part of my post where I mentioned:

"You fucking slut, you should shut your damn whore mouth about gg. You're betraying your own goddamn kind you're so fucking stupid. Know that we know where you live. Mexico [ADDRESS REDACTED]. I know your full address and if you don't stop your bs I will release it. Have fun with the cartels you slut. I hope they rape you good so you know your fucking place. Then you can believe feminsim now."

Totally was feminism speaking out against harassment and abuse.

"I'm going to stab you multiple times if you don't stop targeting defenseless women"
Feminism speaks out against harassment when it's against THEM.
Not anyone else.
THEM.

You're
So stupid... So simply wrong.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Spartan X wrote:ok guys, let all hell break loose here,there is no topic,so say anything as long as you all behave and if its random,the more so,the better!!!!! so 3...2...1..go!!!!!!!!!!!VEESH NESSH!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Beginning of fail
the simple rules of this stopic have been broken (are you kids or wha)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:45 pm

rodeje25 wrote:
Spartan X wrote:ok guys, let all hell break loose here,there is no topic,so say anything as long as you all behave and if its random,the more so,the better!!!!! so 3...2...1..go!!!!!!!!!!!VEESH NESSH!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Beginning of fail
the simple rules of this stopic have been broken (are you kids or wha)
You're trying too hard, they'll all chill out and move on eventually.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:37 pm

There is of course an xkcd for everything c:

rodeje25 wrote:this feels statisfying (look at who posted the last)

Ahhh, I remember the days...

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Glabbit wrote:There is of course an xkcd for everything c:

i should have been older and found out about wolfire earlier because i want to remember those days toooooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Glabbit wrote:There is of course an xkcd for everything c:

i should have been older and found out about wolfire a lot earlier because i want to remember those days tooooooooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:31 pm

YOUR STREAK ENDS HERE

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:51 pm

http://superheroesinracecars.com/2015/0 ... epression/

I found a blog post that mirrors my feelings about this half-a-year argument. The guy is a bit harsher than I would be, but the experience was nearly the same. It's a bit eerie, even.

Any way, that's that.

I also finished another book today, and started a new one. Sanderson continues being a masterful creator of fantastic worlds and recognizable characters you want to root for. They're all flawed in endearing ways. The emotions aren't the focus, though, there's a certain distance he keeps between reader and character. The books hide so many seemingly innocuous details that reading The Way of Kings was like piecing together a whodunnit. When the revelations came, I was half the time happily agreeing with what I had guessed at based on the hints... And half the time totally floored for not seeing the shape of the hints, even RECOGNIZING them as hints except in hindsight. Also the book had one of my favourite moments of glorious, epic deeds ever in any medium, so there's that. It must be the contrast between the grim and the occasional sparks of glory or goodness.

And then there's the intriguing links between books... It's the same multiverse as in Mistborn, with few links drawn between, but the actual worlds are different, and the rules of magic. Even so, some of the final revelations of Mistborn clearly apply to and explain some of Stormlight as well.

Prince of Thorns, the book I just started, is quite a different beast. It starts with a sadistic monster of a kid overdone in an utterly, overly ridiculous fashion. Imagine a chivalric young Arthur saving the lives of poor old woodcutters by challenging a giant to a duel, winning through strength of heart? Ridiculous but endearing in its naive fantasy. Prince of Thorns is the Mordred to the hypothetical Arthur, a murderous, merciless bastard of a brigand prince, young enough for the cynicism to feel even more chilling. The terrors are mentioned more than described, but this clearly isn't going to be a heroic epic.
Seems like something Phoenix might like.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Endoperez wrote:http://superheroesinracecars.com/2015/0 ... epression/

I found a blog post that mirrors my feelings about this half-a-year argument. The guy is a bit harsher than I would be, but the experience was nearly the same. It's a bit eerie, even.
That post made me physically sick.
I nearly threw up reading that.
Multiple times.

To summarize for those who don't care to read (Even you Endo, since you didn't read it or you need to fuck off back to the Eye of Tumblr):

"I couldn't convince GG my position was right. I'mma pout about it for your sympathy. It's a depression. The struggle is real.".
Read it again. That's exactly how it is.

Not only does he ignore the various good things GG does (Because GG is always on the defensive), he looks to the worst things from what seems like biased sources.
Then bitches because GamerGate supposedly threw him into a depression from doing:
A: Being adamant on their position.
B: Insulting you.
Good job. The internet will do that. Get used to it.

I couldn't take the post seriously.

But the worst of it all?
It trivializes actual depression.
And I don't like saying that.
I don't like being sensitive about those kinds of issues, I think you shouldn't care.
But this was too much.
I went through a mild (Compared to what happened to a lot of people, it was extremely EXTREMELY tame, to the point of my experience trivializing actual depression by mentioning it) grade depression, which I don't like calling it that (Because it really wasn't). But it was. From a little before October (Where I felt like shit and didn't want to game, simply watch YouTube), through October to the end and still to this day. I felt like shit.
I always felt somewhat grim and nonchalant, even before this. A lot of the time it was in the same vein of the Postal Dude (Grim and sick, but also funny and sarcastic. Not nearly as grim as now), but it soon (Especially toward the end of October, when my dog died and I began feeling like shit even more) became a sort of "I just don't fucking care any more. I just don't.".
And that was worse then what this guy went through.
Way worse.
And before you assholes say I'm begging for attention/sympathy (You know who you are [It's probably all of you. Admit it]). I don't care. Say nothing at all. I don't want your sympathy or your attention.
I just don't care.
I really, really don't.
If you think that's the case anyways, then don't respond. Don't give me the attention you think I crave, or the sympathy for that matter. That's better for all of us when you fuck off.
Call me out on it. I don't care. I know that what I went through was exceptionally mild, if not entirely minor. A first world problem. But I felt like shit for a few months. And still do. If you want to stalk my posting history, you'll see a change in tone recently. Explain that how you will, if it gives you any pleasure.
I really don't care. It's all said and done now, and I'm too resilient to die now (Your voodoo has no effect on me).
Yes, there were times when I just went "Fuck it. I'm done.". Those times are long gone. Long gone. Gone to point of me not caring. Sympathy got me nowhere, and dealing with it solo made it feel easier.

Anyways...
This brought me great amusement. Mostly because it's how my Saturdays generally go. I am such a people person.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 am

See? Ignoring is too hard. :(

His ignoring gamergate's possibility for good is where he was harsher than I would have been. Yesterday I would have said gamergate mostly failed in the good they tried to do, but succeeded in causing grief. Now, however, thanks to gamergate, Intel did good in a big way. Yay!
http://nyti.ms/1BILmOP

I didn't realize that his use of the word depression would undermine the understanding of the actual clinical depression, but yes, I agree he made a mistake in using that term. Thanks for pointing it out.

Have you talked to a professional about your current feelings? It seems a bit weird state of mind to be in, so it'd be better to check it out to be sure. I have never suffered from clinical depression, but I just saw a person who has offering guidance, so...

http://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/5 ... 83937?s=09

Dunno if this helps, and I'm afraid I'll have to ignore further discussion on that because I can't offer any help. :(

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:YOUR STREAK ENDS HERE
i here by get my streak BACK

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:28 pm

rodeje25 wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:YOUR STREAK ENDS HERE
i here by get my streak BACK
Rejected

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Endoperez wrote:Intel did good in a big way. Yay!
http://nyti.ms/1BILmOP
I only have to say this to you.
Piss off back into the Eye of Tumblr, heretic.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:51 pm

Phoenix you continually embarrass yourself by showing utter ignorance of actual social issues. Systematic and institutionalized discrimination on the basis of race or sex is very much a reality, not the invention of tumblr SJWs.