randomness

Anything else
User avatar
Untadaike
Posts: 1660
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:46 pm
Contact:

Re: randomness

Post by Untadaike » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:24 pm

[spoiler= ]Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
Glabbit
Posts: 4917
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:38 am
Location: A mile away, with your shoes!

Re: randomness

Post by Glabbit » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:30 pm

rodeje25 wrote:So they debate inside and outside.....
WOW
I'm honestly surprised you're surprised at this.
Never forget that labels like 'feminist', 'socialist', 'optimist', etc, are just that: labels.
Humans have an overwhelming urge to generalise, always subconsciously comparing things to other similar examples. It's all too easy to assume one person will behave just like another just because they exhibit a few similar traits.
(Reminding myself of this as I type it, I am no longer surprised at your surprise)
The important thing to remember is how easily people - and thus society in general - fall through to overgeneralisation, like saying a dude is a feminist because he thinks some random Sally deserves a raise, or the other way around, saying Phoenix here lives under a bridge just because he's a troll.
Things are never that black and white.
[+] the lesson
Image
To which of course the correct answer is: "Why?"

User avatar
Endoperez
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am
Location: cold and dark and lovely Finland

Re: randomness

Post by Endoperez » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
2. Mouse babies impaled on bloody thorns, man.
I did it for you, you bastard.
That's bloodier than I remembered, but then, I did forget. I think it might be the emotional connection — in Watership, I just never really connected to the characters in a meaningful way. For the Farthing Woods animals, it felt like we were introduced to them and learned to know them (and then they died). The brutality was in the context, not in the amount of blood.

Different tastes and all.

User avatar
rodeje25
Posts: 1035
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:17 am
Location: Cold and Rainy Netherlands

Re: randomness

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm more suprised they disagree with eachother on a lot of points.
I'm suprised there aren't individual groups of feminists like 1 agrees with this and the other with that.
Now i think there are already groups like that.
And WHY do we change time 1 hour 2 times a year

User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: randomness

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:14 pm

rodeje25 wrote:I'm more suprised they disagree with eachother on a lot of points.
I'm suprised there aren't individual groups of feminists like 1 agrees with this and the other with that.
Now i think there are already groups like that.
And WHY do we change time 1 hour 2 times a year
Some rotational shit I'm not smart enough to comprehend or give a shit about.
Something about this too, probably.
Endoperez wrote: That's bloodier than I remembered, but then, I did forget. I think it might be the emotional connection — in Watership, I just never really connected to the characters in a meaningful way. For the Farthing Woods animals, it felt like we were introduced to them and learned to know them (and then they died). The brutality was in the context, not in the amount of blood.
I guess Farthing Woods is like Hotline Miami (Sigh) and Watership is like Hatred.
Hah, the comparison is accurate.

Different tastes and all.
This reminds me of the intense moral faggotry before the Gods Will Be Watching (sigh x2) release. Where one camp of people was criticizing the senseless violence against throwaway redshirt characters (Much like in Watership), and another was criticizing the violence against named characters.
It was biblical.

User avatar
Glabbit
Posts: 4917
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:38 am
Location: A mile away, with your shoes!

Re: randomness

Post by Glabbit » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:55 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: I guess Farthing Woods is like Hotline Miami (Sigh) and Watership is like Hatred.
Hah, the comparison is accurate.
Ahahaha, yes, that's actually pretty clever.

User avatar
Ragdollmaster
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:49 am
Location: Island of Lugaru

Re: randomness

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Went out for tacos and beer with a group of people where I only knew one girl, ended up staying out until 2 AM, left when they all started casually pulling out bondage gear at the house. College is great.

User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: randomness

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote: left when they all started casually pulling out bondage gear at the house.
Ragdollmaster wrote: left when they all started casually pulling out bondage gear at the house.
Ragdollmaster wrote: left
Dammit man.

User avatar
Endoperez
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am
Location: cold and dark and lovely Finland

Re: randomness

Post by Endoperez » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:30 pm

He only knew one of them beforehand. Only the creepy bondage stuff encourages doing it with people you can't trust. 50 shades of problematic relations etc.

My uni has lots of fantastically interesting people as well. I used to think I was an introvert. Then I realized I just hadn't met any interesting people. :D

User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: randomness

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Endoperez wrote:He only knew one of them beforehand. Only the creepy bondage stuff encourages doing it with people you can't trust.
Take a painkiller and enjoy the ride, that's my suggestion.

50 shades of problematic relations etc.
*shrugs*
My uni has lots of fantastically interesting people as well. I used to think I was an introvert. Then I realized I just hadn't met any interesting people. :D
Same for me, except in reverse.

User avatar
Ragdollmaster
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:49 am
Location: Island of Lugaru

Re: randomness

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:00 pm

For what it's worth, the girl I was with decided to leave too. Dunno if she's not into BDSM or if she was similarly a bit taken aback by the casually unfolding orgy.

User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: randomness

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:For what it's worth, the girl I was with decided to leave too. Dunno if she's not into BDSM or if she was similarly a bit taken aback by the casually unfolding orgy.
Ragdollmaster wrote:For what it's worth, the girl I was with decided to leave too. Dunno if she's not into BDSM or if she was similarly a bit taken aback by the casually unfolding orgy.
Ragdollmaster wrote:Dunno if she's not into BDSM
You need better friends. And soon.
You're being deprived of all sorts of life experiences.
I know this, I'm from the internet.

User avatar
Glabbit
Posts: 4917
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:38 am
Location: A mile away, with your shoes!

Re: randomness

Post by Glabbit » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:40 am

rodeje25 wrote:And WHY do we change time 1 hour 2 times a year
That's a very good question.

User avatar
EPR89
Posts: 1845
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: randomness

Post by EPR89 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am

Glabbit wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:And WHY do we change time 1 hour 2 times a year
That's a very good question.
To have more daylight during the day hours in winter.

User avatar
Endoperez
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am
Location: cold and dark and lovely Finland

Re: randomness

Post by Endoperez » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:17 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Take a painkiller and enjoy the ride, that's my suggestion.
Painkillers? Where's your sense of romance?

Post Reply