randomness

Anything else
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: randomness

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:31 pm

EPR89 wrote:I'm from a country where you need a license to get a gun, where gun ownership is really restricted for private persons, I am not interested at all in ever getting a gun and I think that the ability to just walk into a store and get something as dangerous as a gun without any need of certification that you know how to handle and store it properly is stupid, and I still think that a day at a shooting range would be super fun.
You and me have different tastes for usage.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Whew, long sentence. Took me a bit to figure it out, EPR89, but I think I can safely say we are on the whole in agreement about guns.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:46 pm

EPR89 wrote:I still think that a day at a shooting range would be super fun.
The task and challenge of handling a gun, your position, breathing etc was an interesting challenge, but personally, I didn't find it to be that different from non-martial sports. Pool is kinda similar, and I think golf might be as well.

Same with anti-tank rifles, except you don't get to practice as much since the ammunition is much more expensive.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:14 am

EPR89 wrote:I'm from a country where you need a license to get a gun, where gun ownership is really restricted for private persons, I am not interested at all in ever getting a gun and I think that the ability to just walk into a store and get something as dangerous as a gun without any need of certification that you know how to handle and store it properly is stupid, and I still think that a day at a shooting range would be super fun.
The netherlands where freedom is on number 1 and you can have air-rifles without an ownership license and there is no power restriction.
I love my air-rifle

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:12 pm

There are five wasps in my house.
Help.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:There are five wasps in my house.
Help.
The perfect time to show my skills (seriously i killed a fly with my gun from 16 meters away)
*shoots at wasps* *wasps get angry and fly to me* *flips out and runs away*

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Rekt.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:24 pm

On the topic of guns, I live in a nation that has the single highest gun ownership rate in the world. We are also 111th in murder per capita.

In fact, if Detroit were it's own country, it would just beat Venezuela for second in murder, despite the fact that guns are 100% banned there.

Also, Chicago recently legalized handguns for concealed carry with permits that are almost impossible to get. Murder is at a 50-some year low.

Also, it allows us to effectively resist our increasingly fascist government. +1 for gun rights

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:52 pm

Korban3 wrote: Also, it allows us to effectively resist our increasingly fascist government. +1 for gun rights

SamW

Post by SamW » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 am

Korban3 wrote:On the topic of guns, I live in a nation that has the single highest gun ownership rate in the world. We are also 111th in murder per capita.

In fact, if Detroit were it's own country, it would just beat Venezuela for second in murder, despite the fact that guns are 100% banned there.

Also, Chicago recently legalized handguns for concealed carry with permits that are almost impossible to get. Murder is at a 50-some year low.

Also, it allows us to effectively resist our increasingly fascist government. +1 for gun rights
The question is, does murders drive gun regulation, or does gun regulation drive murders. Chicken an egg situation? not really, it should be obvious which bears what. One is more rational than the other, and you are trying to make an argument in the wrong direction. Even then, one can't assert they are even related. Too few data point doesn't establish correlation, let alone causation.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:09 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:I got sick of RwR once I shot an entire clip into a guy and he didn't die.
Running With Rifles uses a "kill probability" per bullet hit. Generally weapons have a 50% chance to kill per bullet. Although things like sniper rifles and shotguns have a 100% chance to kill depending on range. Also, if you've overloaded your backpack with gear you're accuracy goes down and bullet proof vests and helmets can lower the percent to kill on someone you're shooting at.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:55 pm

Grayswandir wrote: Running With Rifles uses a "kill probability" per bullet hit. Generally weapons have a 50% chance to kill per bullet.
I am aware, it's garbage and lazy.
The death penalties are retarded too.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:17 pm

On the topic of guns, I live in a nation that has the single highest gun ownership rate in the world. We are also 111th in murder per capita.
Correlation does not imply causation. You know what countries have lower murder per capita than we do? Countries with no guns (UK, Japan, Australia)
But not in immediately surrounding areas and you can still walk into a Walmart and pick up a shotgun or long rifle for a few hundred USD with no background check as long as you're an adult. Then you just drive to Detroit.
Also, it allows us to effectively resist our increasingly fascist government.
This is the basis of the logic behind the second amendment, but this is outdated by about 200 years now. This logic was fine when it was muskets and early carbines. Now you're bringing a gun to a fight against an industrialized high-tech military. I'm not saying guns would be useless- obviously there's some effectiveness in Guerrilla tactics like the kind used by Taliban/Al-Qaeda/ISIS in the middle east, even against a modern power- but in any real face to face fight you would find yourself utterly annihilated. Even without any support from nice things like tanks and other armored vehicles, drones, attack helicopters, and more, a soldier with experience and better equipment will win 99.9% of the time.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Grayswandir wrote: Running With Rifles uses a "kill probability" per bullet hit. Generally weapons have a 50% chance to kill per bullet.
I am aware, it's garbage and lazy.
The death penalties are retarded too.
The death penalties only apply if you kill yourself or your teammates before you die. The most I've seen is 3 seconds, but I started playing later in development.