randomness

Anything else
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: randomness

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:26 pm

You still lose 5-9 RP once you die, and XP. It's not fun.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:59 am

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
I'm regretting never getting into the Deus Ex series.

Also, listen to this:

It's an hour of cold war radio, watch or read other stuff while this plays in the background, just trust me. The experience is better if you have no idea what's happening.

Edit: Typo.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:27 am

Where is The Hong Kong Massacre?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:37 am

We dead yet?

I found a Youtube video talking about Steven Universe. It verbalizes many my reasons for liking the show, but also omits some things that I really like in the series. Still, I guess it's better at getting people interested in it than posting random gifs, so...

It's good, I really do recommend watching it. As the video says, while it gets better as it goes on, skipping the early episodes doesn't work very well. It works better because the show starts evoking stronger emotions on the viewer, and that doesn't work very well if you, the viewer, don't know and understand the characters.

Oh, and there's also direct references to stuff like various retro video games, various game consoles from the 90s, arcades, Pokemon, tv shows, fandoms and fans, conspiracy theories, Dragon Ball, Revolutionary Girl Utena, various other cartoon and anime series, cheesy 80s action movies, Enigma of Amigara Fault, all sorts of geeky things.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Endoperez wrote:We dead yet?

I found a Youtube video talking about Steven Universe. It verbalizes many my reasons for liking the show, but also omits some things that I really like in the series. Still, I guess it's better at getting people interested in it than posting random gifs, so...

It's good, I really do recommend watching it. As the video says, while it gets better as it goes on, skipping the early episodes doesn't work very well. It works better because the show starts evoking stronger emotions on the viewer, and that doesn't work very well if you, the viewer, don't know and understand the characters.

Oh, and there's also direct references to stuff like various retro video games, various game consoles from the 90s, arcades, Pokemon, tv shows, fandoms and fans, conspiracy theories, Dragon Ball, Revolutionary Girl Utena, various other cartoon and anime series, cheesy 80s action movies, Enigma of Amigara Fault, all sorts of geeky things.
I never knew that there was so much good about SU, I always assumed it was a random, crazy, drug filled board-meeting inspired garbage cartoon. That's the impression I got from the commercials (also from other shows CN has produced).
I shall have to check it out.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Dammasta wrote: I never knew that there was so much good about SU, I always assumed it was a random, crazy, drug filled board-meeting inspired garbage cartoon. That's the impression I got from the commercials (also from other shows CN has produced).
I shall have to check it out.
:) I hope you like it.

A word of warning though... There is one episode exactly like that, totally crazy and random... It's "Say Uncle", a weird, non-canon crossover with another show. The series proper is often strange, but it's strange for a reason instead of lolrandum.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:22 pm

It being a progressive show probably helps.

So sorry.

Anyways, I picked up Empire Total War over the weekend.

I'm having fun taxing the colonies.

Yes, you read that right.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:31 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:It being a progressive show probably helps.

So sorry.

Anyways, I picked up Empire Total War over the weekend.

I'm having fun taxing the colonies.

Yes, you read that right.
i had fun making waaay too big armies and then attacking the british

makes me remember napoleon total war..... i had such a glorious fight!
my men were on the hills so they could all shoot at once!
it was a slaughter on the enemy's end.
none of my troops died.
i saved the replay before deleting the game.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:52 am

This song is amazing, it and Daisuke are both amazing themes from the Hotline Miami soundtrack.
Oh and this reminds me, in order to get more used to Gamemaker Studio I'm working on a Hotline Miami clone, gonna need to make some sprites in GIMP though.
rodeje25 wrote: i had fun making waaay too big armies and then attacking the british

makes me remember napoleon total war..... i had such a glorious fight!
my men were on the hills so they could all shoot at once!
it was a slaughter on the enemy's end.
none of my troops died.
i saved the replay before deleting the game.
I made myself go broke waging a Vietnam-esque war in America as the British, I won.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:07 am

Got myself Prince of Persia (the one from 2008) last week when it was on sale on GOG. Finally wanted to see why so many people disliked it.

I've been fascinated by this game ever since seeing this trailer:

Song: Breathe Me by Sia. What a beautiful piece. Here's a live version, because two minutes is absolutely not enough.

Wow!
Just like the trailer, everything about this game is beautiful.
Some of the smoothest platforming I have ever played, the art style is amazing and the story... Wow! The two main characters are written so well and Nolan North and Kari Wahlgren have done a great job breathing life into the main characters by lending them their voices. All their interactions are meaningful. You can really see how they grow closer. And despite all that I still didn't anticipate what happened in the end.

Have some Inon Zur.

This is going to stay in my favourites list for a very log time. Might even kick the Legacy of Kain series off its cemented top three ranks (Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance; Blood Omen 2 doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned and I never got to play Blood Omen 1). This game was just a powerful experience.
I'm probably writing this with a slightly biased view, since I have literally finished my first playthrough literally five hours ago, but it was good. It was really good.

Alright that's enough. I'll end this with by Sæglópur by Sigur Rós, the song used for the E3 trailer back in 2008.

All those songs are included in the soundtrack when you get it of GOG, by the way. Very pleasant surprise.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:34 pm

You can load it into Steam's music player for ease of use, it's a bit of a bitch tho.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Steam has a music player? Neat.

But why should I use Steam's music player when I already have one that works perfectly fine?

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:49 pm

EPR89 wrote:Steam has a music player? Neat.

But why should I use Steam's music player when I already have one that works perfectly fine?
Playing and shifting tracks mid-game, and convenience.