randomness

Anything else
moomoohk

Re: randomness

Post by moomoohk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:
adwuga wrote:Doesn't America do that to every country, every week?
The difference is we don't get missiles fired at us.
well 3 casualties on our side against like 100 on theirs. i think we're doing fine.

the idea is: you shoot homemade rockets at us that get intercepted by our state of the art iron dome system (so they never even hit the ground lulz), and we pound the fuck out of you with our state of the art airforce.

only yesterday 14 hamas establishments were decimated. so. let's see america execute any task with that kind of efficiency lol.

ground troops entered gaza yesterday as well (pretty sure my cousin is among them) and they've been doing a pretty good job of fucking hamas's shit up.

to prove my point, *they* came to *us* with a cease fire proposal.

also it's funny that people are throwing shit around only now that we launched a military operation because hamas has been launching rockets at settlements in the south for like 3 years now on an almost daily basis.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 am

you know, i don't like ripping on america. i'm a citizen and my dad actually lives there, but after the last elections i lost all hope. scuttling their own ship.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 am

• America is stupid.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:14 am

moomoohk wrote:...but after the last elections i lost all hope. scuttling their own ship.
...wait wait wait. Could you elaborate? I'm not going to say that Obama is a great president, but if you're suggesting that Romney would have been a better choice I'd have to disagree there.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:05 am

Well the main reason I say that is because I care mostly about relations with Israel (which are important for both sides) and because I just don't feel he lived up to his hype in general. Watching the election from here was like watching a reality tv show, and I'm sorry to say but I was rooting for Romney.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 am

As I understand, it's true that Romney was more ardent in his desire to give Israel aid. While I admit that since I'm, you know, not in Israel, I see through tinted glass on this issue, but I also think that your distance from us would prejudice you as well. Among all the issues and complex facets to the job that the current US President needs to fulfill, fixing all the shit over here comes first in my mind. Basically, all the money in our country is in a very concentrated place, with very few people, and these people have an obscene amount of influence in politics. Romney, as one of these people, sought to make sure that they got all the tax breaks they could, and tried to base his economic system off of the one that got us in this mess in the first place. Obama at least seems to have some sort desire for balance. Romney, as well, didn't seem to take a sure stand on any sort of issue. He would say whatever needed to be said to get support, and often changed his position mid-debate. I am sympathetic to a truly conservative standpoint to a certain degree, but he didn't seem to have any sort of genuine platform at all. Anyways, that's why I was glad he lost. I understand there are many different reasons for wanting someone in office.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:51 am

moomoohk wrote:Well the main reason I say that is because I care mostly about relations with Israel (which are important for both sides) and because I just don't feel he lived up to his hype in general...
Pretty much every president that was ever hyped.
Romney, as one of these people, sought to make sure that they got all the tax breaks they could, and tried to base his economic system off of the one that got us in this mess in the first place. Obama at least seems to have some sort desire for balance.
2012 Tax brackets:
(Single) (Couple) (Head of Household) Marginal Tax Rate
$0+ $0+ $0+ 10%
$8,700+ $17,400+ $12,400+ 15%
$35,350+ $70,700+ $47,350+ 25%
$85,650+ $142,700+ $122,300+ 28%
$178,650+ $217,450+ $198,050+ 33%
$388,350+ $388,350+ $388,350+ 35%

The marginal tax rate is far from balanced. Really the whole argument between democrats and republicans is how steep should the gradient be.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:12 am

Assaultman67 wrote:
moomoohk wrote:Well the main reason I say that is because I care mostly about relations with Israel (which are important for both sides) and because I just don't feel he lived up to his hype in general...
i don't get what you're trying to say

(totally unrelated: i laugh at this harder than i should...
)

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:31 am

moomoohk wrote:
Assaultman67 wrote:
i don't get what you're trying to say
Basically, while running for president, every candidate ever has lied and/or deceived like crazy to build up as much hype as they can, and when elected, they never live up to there promises.

Also, that monkey video. Planet of the Apes anyone?

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:51 am

yeah i know the slimy tactics that politicians since ever use but the way i see it he got the majority of his votes because he's "black". i don't think he did a good job in office. i'm pretty sure the only reason mccain failed was because of palin. he made a mistake in choosing her as a mate and she screwed his whole campaign up big time.

and now they voted him back in for seemingly no reason.

and yes xD i've never actually watched the movie haha. i only found out it was from there like a minute after posting it here. still, i find it hilarious.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Voting for Obama or Romney was picking the lesser of two evils. Are the rest of Americans so damn thick that they don't realize how many other candidates there are? The third most voted (by popular vote) candidate only recieved a million votes nation wide. Not one single elelctoral vote.
That's because the American people actually have no control whatsoever over the election. We think we do, but it comes down to electoral votes, not the people's. And the only thing that happens when you have a very bipartisan government is that the Democratic electorals go to the Democratic president and the Republican ones go Republican. If any one of them says, "Well, hey what about that third party guy who isn't a total shittard? Why don't we elect him?" the politician is immediately ostricized, booted from their party and will find that their political career is over. ALl because they stopped being a sheep.
After my military service, I'm leaving this fucking country.

EDIT: Oh, and the chimp. Fuck yeah. Chimp. Exact your revenge.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:14 pm

I think we can all agree that the the chimp is the real hero in this situation.

Also, I completely agree about the lesser of two evils thing. It's far from black and white, but in this case, I thought Obama just had less potential to screw everything up. About the 3rd party candidacy, I once read someone making the point that 3rd party candidates aren't serious contenders because they aren't allowed into the debates, which is, in turn, because they aren't serious contenders. There's a loop, whether intentional or incidental, which keeps 3rd party candidates from getting their message out in any real way.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Korban3 wrote:Voting for Obama or Romney was picking the lesser of two evils. Are the rest of Americans so damn thick that they don't realize how many other candidates there are?
Yes.

Although I'm pretty sure republicans and democrats have organized the system to their favor.

Independent's wouldn't be allowed in debates.

Independents wouldn't be financially or politically backed.

Independents aren't backed by the media (the media has their own political interests if anyone here hasn't noticed yet).

Frankly, I'm pretty sure if you somehow got the majority of americans to vote for an independent candidate. Republicans and Democrats would call foul play and get him disqualified and or simply rig the electoral votes to not even count in his/her favor.

Although, if it happened. It would restore a lot of faith in humanity for me.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Korban3 wrote:Are the rest of Americans so damn thick that they don't realize how many other candidates there are? The third most voted (by popular vote) candidate only recieved a million votes nation wide. Not one single elelctoral vote.
I actually did research the Green party and Libertarian party, and Obama is still better, however, there are quite a few other parties I didn't research, and I agree, Obama is just the lesser of two evils vs Romney, so I'm sure at least one of the other parties was better. That being said, with basically no political influence, it's hard to make a good party platform and stuff(not that it would matter, no one else would know).
Korban3 wrote:After my military service, I'm leaving this fucking country.
Other countries are much less comfortable to live in. Maybe they are better, but 'merica is the most comfortable. That's why we are all fat. Britain's nice too though, in the same way.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 pm

I liked France, except the people. Britain was too cloudy. That's the problem with my southern Californian upbringing, I can't be comfortable in cold climates for too long. I agree. I like it here. It's nice, as countries go.