randomness

Anything else
moomoohk

Re: randomness

Post by moomoohk » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:43 am

Downloaded to phone. This is my new jam.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:04 am

Grayswandir wrote:Image
Anyone remember these legs?
I do. But they're too glossy. And what the hell is wrong with Shinatama? What have you done?!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:29 am

Its Oni Anniversary Edition:
http://wiki.oni2.net/Anniversary_Edition

I have a bunch of "HD" texture packs and other mods installed. Unfortunately none of them are complete, so its this weird hodge podge of textures and models. I may uninstall some of them.

The AE patch does have some really cool options though. Like blood, if you're into that kind of thing, as well as the ability to break glass with your melee hits and throw people through windows and take damage from it. There's also mods that add 3D bullet casings that bounce off bodies and roll around on the ground.

Also....Multiplayer through mariusnet.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:42 am

Please tell me that horribly inappropriate shinatama face is actually one of those silly mods and not actually part of the anniversary edition.
Also please tell me the same goes for those disappointingly timed and annoyingly casted japanese voices.
This is not the Konoko I married D:

Some of those other things do sound neat though. Muchly so.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Oni AE, by default plays with vanilla Oni graphics and audio. The updated message images are from one of the mods I have installed. Even that menu screen is a mod.

The japanese audio is actually pretty cool if you don't mind the camp. All the dialogue is in Japanese as well, so you get to hear Shinatama and such talk to you in a foreign language you don't understand! Awesome.

What I like about Oni AE, is that everything but the bug fixes are optional installs (and you can even disable those from a config program).

Here's default Oni. I'm only running bug fix mods, particle effect mods, and a mod that lets you run while holding a rifle (but not fire).

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:17 am

*turns bias dial down with tremendous effort*
That *is* pretty snazzy.
How do I get my hands on this marvellous gem? The sneaky download link in your wiki link tells me no.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:36 am

Well, you have to own a legal copy of Oni for Windows or Mac. Which, I'm sure through various sources, you can find. You then have to install said copy of Oni before then installing the AE patch over top it.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:18 am

I do have my own Oni around here somewhere. It being a lifetime favourite of mine, I made a point of always keeping it around somewhere in case it would one day become unfindable.

That wasn't the question though.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 am

Ah, yeah, I reread the reply. I forgot the link in the wiki is broken.

Mac:
http://mods.oni2.net/node/75

Windows:
http://mods.oni2.net/node/79

There.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:41 am

Wooyay. I will treasure him and love him and call him George.

Also thank you.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 am

Yesterday was a good day. I waited all day to see Sony's E3 presentation after being once again bored to death by Microsoft's, and the only thought in my mind was, "Man, Sony, if you don't fuck this up you could really slaughter Microsoft before the consoles even launch."

And then they curbstomped the Xbox. No DRM, $399 launch price, way better-looking exclusives, indie support, better online for less money... very Asian of them, to look at Microsoft's mistakes and do the exact opposite. That's some Sun Tzu shit, man.

But man was it fun to watch that. The last half of Sony's presentation was just entirely "PS fuck Microsoft"

E: ALSO FUCKING KINGDOM HEARTS III YES
Last edited by Ragdollmaster on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:39 am

Amazing! I didn't really follow the streams and was about to ask if anyone knew what was up.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:27 am

Apply cold water to burn

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:18 pm

moomoohk, contrary to Ragdoll's blind fanboyism-corrupted statement, Sony's presentation was pretty dull. They only announced a few actual exclusives, some of their game presentations crashed, and the console itself was revealed... it basically looks like a slanted DVD player. It looks nice but... not great.

Oh and neither Kingdom Hearts 3 or Final Fantasy XV are PS4 exclusives. They're on the Xbox One too.

Microsoft's announcement wasn't brilliant either but they announced more exclusives(Some are on Win8 too but then MS has got a unification thing between the Xbox and Win8) and some were very exciting. Project Spark especially looks incredible.

Microsoft certainly reversed on their poor reveal. So I guess Sony and Microsoft are now even in terms of announcement points.

Neither announced much amazingly exciting though, at least for those who are enthusiastic concerning technical details. No detailed specs or actual usages of the consoles(as in, opening the drives, etc)

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Oh well. Not a big console fan myself but we'll see how this pans out.