randomness

Anything else
Ragdollmaster

Re: randomness

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Getting a job is really easy. I'm assuming you don't have any at all right now? You find a store that's hiring (many retailers are hiring at least seasonally right now because fall through Christmas is the busiest time of the year), and you apply for a job. Then you pester the shit out of the managers until all the people who applied before you either stop caring or fail their drug tests. Then you get the job. You can also try waiting until summer because retail places often hire kids over the school holidays, but you're probably limited to grocery stores because most major retailers that I know of require you to be 18. Same goes for being around food preparation in a restaurant.

Of course if you're too young to legally work, then you have to do it the old fashioned American way and sell weed instead.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Of course if you're too young to legally work, then you have to do it the old fashioned American way and sell weed instead.
This seems easier then finding a job.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Getting a regular ole job is boring.
I should become a hitman or something.
That'd be badass.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:10 am

Korban3 wrote:Getting a regular ole job is boring.
I should become a hitman or something.
That'd be badass.
What would you wear?

Like shit.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:32 am

Endoperez wrote:Paradox weekend on Steam. I'm going through their list of turn-based strategy games and drooling. This trailer was the funniest one I've seen since cool boats.

Oh man, I just realized the cool boats trailer was ALSO made by Paradox. Wow, those guys have some cool guys working on their trailers.
I can vouch for Warlock 2. its quite a fun game, it reminds me a bit of Civilization with magic powers. Leviathan Warships I haven't had a chance to play, although I've heard mixed things about it. Supposedly, the single player is kinda lacking.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:19 am

Grayswandir wrote:I can vouch for Warlock 2. its quite a fun game, it reminds me a bit of Civilization with magic powers.
Civ wiyh magic is called "Master of Magic", and yes, Warlock 2 looks both fun a derivative. They did manage to come up with an interesting way to key several maps together in an interesting way.

I'm not buying the cool boat game, I just mentioned it because the cool boat trailer was awesome.

In other news, I've been able to continue Dark Souls (1) playthrough. I had a controller on loan in the spring, bought one in June, but was distracted when I found out the controller doesn't work out-of-the-box. I was able to remap it for Dark Souls earlier this week, and now I've been rediscovering that game. It's fun, but I just hit the most annoying area so far. I'm inside a tree, trying to reach the bottom, and every mis-step is an instant death, and the creatures at the bottom one-hit-kill me.

Oh, and it's my first playthrough and I haven't read any spoilers (besides "it's hard") so no commentary, thank you. :D

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:58 am

's purty gud

Vespabros

Post by Vespabros » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Everybody is pissed off at how similar Dr.Mario is to mario. I'm just glad his melee move set is back, because fuck mario's F.L.U.D.D

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Agreed

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgx86z5HJg

Your ears are probably not worthy.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:47 pm

So this guy, among a few others, has volunteered to do some free music for a project of mine.
cray as fuck
Pianists always amaze me in the vast emotion they can express with such a fundamentally simple toolset.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:23 am

Korban3 wrote:So this guy, among a few others, has volunteered to do some free music for a project of mine.
That is super cool! Including the fact that you have a project underway. Is it a game, an animation, a Mars mission?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:19 am

Very nice piano!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:03 am

I'm making a scifi shooter along the lines of Receiver.
Instead of a traditional soundtrack, I thought it'd be cool to do some fictional alien radio stations, ala GTA and put a Craigslist ad out. About a dozen people have volunteered, almost guaranteed to have no profit for it, to make music. Pretty cool stuff.