randomness

Anything else
EPR89

Re: randomness

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
EPR89 wrote: See the edit I wrote to my post above. They can think whatever they want. As soon as they write or say that he did it without having any proof it becomes libel/slander.
Absolutely no discussion. Trying to hurt someone's reputation without something to back it up is illegal and one of the lowest moves possible in such a situation.
People who have survived murders have indicted other people despite evidence to contrary.
That's a completely different situation. These people are considered eye witnesses and there still needs to a proper investigation before anything happens. They can't just contact a newspaper or post on social media sites that neighbour Jones has tried to drown them. They have tell that to the police and tell the story at court.
There doesn't have to be a confirmation that it was a lie. What sort of ass-backwards thinking is that?
Before anyone can claim something like that there needs to be a confirmation that it is actually true.
Which is what I said in my weird pants-on-head-without-arms retarded way.
Since there is no proof whether the claim was false, no one is in the position to say anything. Especially given Brianna's supposed track record on the issue (Proof needed). And GamerGate's tendency to jump the gun on EVERYTHING.
If no one is in a position to claim anything, why the hell did bring all this up in the first place?
I don't even see the connection between that stupid story and her history of depression. The way this looks to me is that you really, really, really wanted to discredit her story for some reason because ou thought that she was one of your dreaded feminazis. The problem is that the thing you brought up has absolutely nothing to do with the topic people were talking about.
I don't know if this is clear to you, but this is a serious low blow. Targeting her person directly like that, without any relevance to the issue. Why did you feel the need to do this?

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:56 pm

I brought it up because I heard about it, and for lack of a blog (Or the skills to get/make one) I post everything here.
Weird, I know.
And I didn't want to discredit her, as I said before I handle things on a case-by-case basis as the GG issue requires if you want to get anywhere anytime soon.
As for "This is a serious low", I disagree. I think that in this situation where nothing is known for 100% (I never said I agreed with the guy, I stated that she was suspected of the DDoSing, not that I personally believed she was. This is an important detail) saying she's a suspect or the leader behind it (Or suspected leader) isn't necessarily slander, and if it is it certainly isn't as bad as Zoe Quinn had it.
But, I'd say even that's a tad suspect. The fact she feels the need to plaster her name on the somewhat popular tool on the front page of this very site despite the harassment and actual slander she received early on in the controversy. means the GG issue served to benefit her more then it should have.
And given how GG thinks of Brianna, I think that her being the first suspect in the issue isn't a huge surprise.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:28 pm

You didn't say she was a suspect.
You said:
Brianna Wu organized the DDos-ing of 8Chan.
Still support her?
This had nothing to do with the depression topic. You only threw it out there because you waned to discredit her position. Even now you are trying to twist this in a way to make it sound like you accusing her is perfectly fine and you did nothing wrong.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:21 pm

I probably should have put a "Supposedly" in there.
Stupid me.

Anyways, I disagree with her on the depression topic for different reasons. Those reasons being that she supports and is part of a movement I don't agree with, and has done things of somewhat dubious nature. You're free to disagree with me, and whatever she says may still be credible. But I don't need to take information from a movement I don't support, I haven't fallen that far yet.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Anyways, I disagree with her on the depression topic for different reasons. Those reasons being that she supports and is part of a movement I don't agree with, and has done things of somewhat dubious nature.
What the fuck?
None of that has anything to do with the depression topic.

And while we're at it, what sort of dubious things has she done? From what I've read so far she has made a few sarcastic comments about Gamer Gate. That's it. The response to that was harassment, threats and slander (thanks for showing us that one first hand).
Wow! What a thoroughly hate-able person. Surely deserved every bit of misinformation, lies and libel spread about her. I mean, how can you ridicule an honourable movement such as Gamer Gate? (That was sarcasm, in case it wasn't clear. Should I get the same treatment like her now?)

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm freezing to death under 3 layers of sweatshirts. Excuse any mistakes.
EPR89 wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Anyways, I disagree with her on the depression topic for different reasons. Those reasons being that she supports and is part of a movement I don't agree with, and has done things of somewhat dubious nature.
What the fuck?
Not directly. I wouldn't take her advice because I
A: Don't need it.
B: Don't need support from people I don't support and probably don't support me for my views.
So it does have something to do with it indirectly. That may or may not matter when it comes you though.
And while we're at it, what sort of dubious things has she done? From what I've read so far she has made a few sarcastic comments about Gamer Gate. That's it. The response to that was harassment, threats and slander (thanks for showing us that one first hand).
Wow! What a thoroughly hate-able person. Surely deserved every bit of misinformation, lies and libel spread about her. I mean, how can you ridicule an honourable movement such as Gamer Gate? (That was sarcasm, in case it wasn't clear. Should I get the same treatment like her now?)
I think she was behind the CancelColbert thing, if I'm not mistaken. Not to mention being anti-GG and other assorted things too small to mention but big enough for me to dislike her.
If she wasn't (And I doubt it, really), then I have her figured wrong and I apologize. Either way.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:22 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
it certainly isn't as bad as Zoe Quinn had it.
But, I'd say even that's a tad suspect. The fact she feels the need to plaster her name on the somewhat popular tool on the front page of this very site despite the harassment and actual slander she received early on in the controversy. means the GG issue served to benefit her more then it should have.

And given how GG thinks of Brianna, I think that her being the first suspect in the issue isn't a huge surprise.
My head hurts.

Zoe Quinn's harassment is suspect because her name is mentioned on the website she made?that is normal.
So the harassment disn't really happen until someone is too afraid to act normal?

Also, if GamerGate hates someone and accuses someone of various things, that does not mean you can ise that as a reason to accuse her of things. That explains a lot about these rumours though...

Edit:
https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%40 ... ert&s=typd
Seems she never tweeted #cancelcolbert.
She could have favorited those, maybe retweeted it.
Last edited by Endoperez on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:32 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:I'm freezing to death under 3 layers of sweatshirts. Excuse any mistakes.
EPR89 wrote:
What the fuck?
Not directly. I wouldn't take her advice because I
A: Don't need it.
B: Don't need support from people I don't support and probably don't support me for my views.
So it does have something to do with it indirectly. That may or may not matter when it comes you though.
How does you not liking her and not wanting her advice relate your bullshit to the topic?
I think she was behind the CancelColbert thing, if I'm not mistaken. Not to mention being anti-GG and other assorted things too small to mention but big enough for me to dislike her.
If she wasn't (And I doubt it, really), then I have her figured wrong and I apologize. Either way.
So you rather apologize pre-emptively than back up your claims?
And how is being anti-GG and you not liking her automatically a justification to suspect someone and spread rumours?

This is just pathetic.
With guys like you representing GG you really don't have to wonder why people like me can't take that group serious. You don't even care about the effect your claims have. You just fire away because you don't like some people, but you can't even back up why you don't like people.
Hivemind engaged.
Congratulations!

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:55 am

I accidentally fucked up.

Yes, I was wrong.
I'm admitting it for once.
I got the names mixed up, since the cancelcolbert issue was something long time ago, and I also didn't know what Brianna looked like before any of this (I just figured out who she was, being honest).
So I was entirely wrong, she may be a supporter of CancelColbert when it was a thing, but that's not relevant here. My apologies that I already gave.

However, to get one point for another point. I dug something else up:

This is from a gater, who linked to another gater. Take it with a hefty, hefty grain of salt.
And, in other words, she's a victim of everything. So that's something I don't need in my life. I'm not victim of shit, just a victim of the horrible, horrible luck that life can throw at you. That and first world problems, many many first world problems.

I also found this. Which brought me endless joy.
EPR89 wrote: How does you not liking her and not wanting her advice relate your bullshit to the topic?
Already said. I said that since I was "depressed" and Endo linked toward Brianna, and I didn't want anything with that, so I mentioned the DDoSing thing. They're all indirectly linked.

And how is being anti-GG and you not liking her automatically a justification to suspect someone and spread rumours?
That's not flawed logic. They see Brianna as someone anti-GG and know that she may have been the person who DDoSed 8Chan, it's not exactly rocket science since any prominent anti-GG person would be a good start to decided who DDoSed 8Chan.
It was probably some small person though, I feel like Brianna is too "I'm the victim" for it and Anita is too smart (Yes, I said it).

With guys like you representing GG you really don't have to wonder why people like me can't take that group serious.
Given the fact people call us a hate group, make genocidal threats against gamers as a whole (You included.), slander the movement in the eyes of the media, and GamerGate got various ethical policies revamped and is often working to discredit the people who say games are sexist. Either a lot of people are paranoid, a lot of propaganda is going around, or GG is considered "Serious" in the eyes of people.
If this was Space Hulk, we're the Genestealers.
You don't even care about the effect your claims have.
Literally none. Brianna will never see this comment. And I doubt anyone here cares really.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:09 am

It's always hard to admit mistakes. Again, thanks for being able to do it. :)

I'm afraid I'm still trying to ignore the rest.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:57 am

Keep strong, Endo. We all know it's hard.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:10 am

Glabbit wrote:Keep strong, Endo. We all know it's hard.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Glabbit wrote:Keep strong, Endo. We all know it's hard.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:37 pm

Heresy?!

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Endoperez wrote:Heresy?!
*Heretical Shit*