randomness

Anything else
rodeje25

Re: randomness

Post by rodeje25 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Endo, don't be that asshole who uses so many buzzwords you end up on TumblrInAction and no one wants to touch you anymore.
So, I said something and now people on a reddit channel I'm not interested in, composed of people whose opinions and ideas of what's acceptable differ radically from my own... don't want to touch me?

Alright!

And people on a forum I'm interested in, that has people whose opinions I appreciate... discuss whether or not they want to touch me?

That's weird, but also alright!
i laughed really hard reading this!!!

i like your as we call it in dutch "dry sense humor"

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Glabbit wrote:I think rodeje is correct though.
...wanting to touch him is a good reason, right?
This is going in a direction that I have no idea if I'm pleased with or not.
I love this forum.
Endoperez wrote: So, I said something and now people on a reddit channel I'm not interested in, composed of people whose opinions and ideas of what's acceptable differ radically from my own... don't want to touch me?
If you browse TiA it's not nearly the *insert buzzword here* you think it is.
And people on a forum I'm interested in, that has people whose opinions I appreciate... discuss whether or not they want to touch me?
When you say it THAT way it sounds bad.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Holy shit the forum crashed for nearly a week Jesus.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:54 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Holy shit the forum crashed for nearly a week Jesus.
Not only that! It seems david reverted the forum to an older backup so we lost some posts
(I thought my life ended)

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:01 am

Dayum, spammers CRASHED THE FUCKING SITE

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:20 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Dayum, spammers CRASHED THE FUCKING SITE
it's called a ddos attack

edit: my animation

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:56 am

Welp, we're back. I don't suppose anyone can remember the posts we lost and.. repost them all? No?
Okay, fresh pastures then.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:12 am

Glabbit wrote:Welp, we're back. I don't suppose anyone can remember the posts we lost and.. repost them all? No?
Okay, fresh pastures then.
I remember Korban's:

"WTF are you guys still doing here?" or something to that effect. I'm thinking he had seen the forumcolypse coming, and tried to warn us! We didn't listen... :wink: :lol:

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:22 am

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:17 am

*shrug*
All them politics.
Let's play a game instead.
I spy with my little eye, something beginning with L.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:19 am

Glabbit wrote:*shrug*
All them politics.
Let's play a game instead.
I spy with my little eye, something beginning with L.

There's a gay joke in here somewhere dammit.

I just need to fucking find it.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:45 am

How is that censoring?

They bring up month old shit they started themselves and then complain about their spam getting shut down? That's how moderation works. This stuff is over. The conversation in that thread was over too. All the points were finished. The OP just wanted to start shit.

If this was a DDoS attack by GamerGate, that group managed to do something I didn't believe to be possible anymore. They lost some of my respect.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:31 am

I have to say something!

So i was watching the walking dead season 4 episode 8
And there was a bad guy who did something and that started a fight
And then the bad guy did something and my mouth dropped to the center of the earth for the whole time.
Hershell was one of the coolest old guys in the series and it's a big loss.....
I know season 5 ended already but i started watching 3 weeks ago

I just need to post a video about it...
[+] Huuuuuge spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/xInylSY2uFo

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:36 pm

I don't think the Randomness forum lost anything of importance. I'd be more worried about the other sections where actual shit happens.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:24 pm

I've been playing Divinity: Original Sin. It's fun, but flawed.
[+] Lengthy ponderings
The combat is interesting and challenging. I ran around the starting city doing simple quests and collecting experience, because my party of 3 was badly beaten by every fight I could find outside the city. Fights like 3 zombies, or 2 skeletons and a skeleton warrior. The challenge wasn't frustrating, since there was always stuff to do, but in hindsight, it was a problem of my numbers not being high enough, instead of my choices not being good enough, although there were a few tricks I hadn't yet figured out.

Oil on the ground slows those walking through it. It can be ignited with fire, dealing damage, but also creating smoke,which obscures vision and affects archers and mages. Walking through a puddle makes you wet, which helps resist against fire spells, but makes you vulnerable to being frozen. Wet ground can be frozen to make movement more difficult, or can be turned to steam with a fireball, or electrified with a lightning effect, stunning everyone in its area. These interactions are the meat of the game's combat.

The problem, also endemic to the rest of the game, is the hard-to-use interface and the unclear visuals. Sometimes, I use a lightning bolt on an enemy, and one of my party members is stunned. I still don't know what causes it. Is the stun AOE? Was the ground wet? Was the party member wet, does that make the usually-single-target spell AOE? Was an enemy frozen, and then melted as the lightning bolt hit him, which would then create water, which would cause an electrified puddle, which might stun my character?

The inventory management, environmental interactions and the crafting system are all horribly convoluted and annoying to use.

Treasure maps are not consumables, so they can be bought, read once, and then immediately sold back to the seller to get AT LEAST 25% of your money back. The seller has infinite numbers of these maps, each marking the position of a single hidden treasure chest, which he has presumably found, marked up on his maps, and then left behind, and which no one in the whole town has ever checked out.

There's a quest that starts by talking to an NPC in the wilderness. He says he needs your party's protection to get to the town. If you accept, he immediately RUNS past my characters and towards the town, past a field with a newly-spawned skeleton that wasn't there a moment ago when I came from the town. Really now?

The crafting system is bonkers. You drag an item over another, in a Diablo-style inventory that's always too full, and they switch places, except if that was a valid crafting recipe and your crafting skill is high enough, in which case they are combined into a new item. Crafting uses ingredients and tools, but tools are not shown when you're only viewing the crafting-related items and when sorting by type tools are not shown near the crafting ingredients, so you usually can't craft anything without moving several things around in your inventory so that the things you want to combine are close to each other. Also, I've had to start stockpiling all the buckets I can find because you need a bucket to milk a cow, and the bucket vanishes when you put the milk from the bucket into a cup.
TL;DR Nice turn-based combat, fun game, bad UI, cases of bad design.