randomness

Anything else
Freshbite

Re: randomness

Post by Freshbite » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Pfft, all you have to do to find ANYONE'S IP address is create a GUI interface in Visual BASIC.
How I laughed at that scene. Terrible manuscripter.
(For those of you who doesn't know what we're talking about; Link )

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:52 am

Hmm... GUI Interface... Visual Basic... IP Address...

wait, what? :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats Hilarious

I also watched some of those other videos. And found this show.

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpoAnB9 ... re=related[/YouTube]
[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYKrjcw ... re=related[/YouTube]

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:29 am

adwuga wrote:[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpoAnB9ab8&feature=related[/YouTube]
[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYKrjcwQXQ&feature=related[/YouTube]
As I have explained before, the '&'-sign and everything after it has to be removed for the Youtube-embeddings to work.

Fixed:

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:01 am

Hmm, I didn't see that. Interesting. Thanks.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:28 am

You guys are glutton's for punishment right? You should check out Dark Souls, the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. Its also on Xbox 360, so those of you (like me) who missed the original can now die repeatedly.

http://www.preparetodie.com

So far, I'm liking Dark Souls, although there are a few strange game play "features" that annoy me a bit (lack of direction in the beginning had me wandering around dying to high level monsters until I figured out where to go), but I can applaud From Software to sticking to their guns with the idea of feeling alone (you can't join a Party Chat on the 360 version without the game kicking you off the servers and dropping you to the main menu for trying to cheat and share your suffering with others) and without an idea of what's going on (the tutorial basically tells you the buttons and then says, "Have a giant boss fight, hope you survive, or not").

So far (this post is based on about four hours of playing), the combat has a nice parry/block/counter-attack system that requires patience and timing instead of button mashing to succeed at. I have yet to experience multiplayer, but you can see other players running around as ghosts when you get near them, although you can't interact with them you can (with the right items) leave messages with helpful (or misleading) messages that people can vote up or down. Or you can find the blood stain of some poor dead player and watch their final moments of being crushed. There are ways to join another player's game and either try to kill them or help them fight bosses, but I have yet to gain items that allow me to do this.

Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Post by Chalky » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Watch and be amazed! It is actually quite terrifying at parts.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:15 pm

Grayswandir wrote:[...] Dark Souls. [...]
Man I was really psyched about Demon's Souls, but since it was for PS3 only back then, I couldn't get it. Now I have both the PS3 and the X360, but now these sorts of games don't appeal to me anymore, atleast not for these consoles. I've become a stone-hard PC-Gamer, and can't get away from that.

Oh, scratch that. When the "Team Ico HD Bundle" comes, with both Shadow of The Colossus and Ico, I'll play the fuck out of those games. You can't even imagine how much.

Edit: My reply didn't make any sense before, I quoted the wrong thing and was psyched about the other.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:23 am

The Team Ico HD Bundle is already out for PS3.

I've continued to slowly slaughter my way through Dark Souls and I'm taking any minor victory as a great one. I've been making my way up a ruined castle and these bastards keep throwing fire bombs on my head while I'm fighting undead skeleton soldiers. You have no idea how satisfying it is to finally get to the area where the fire bombers are hiding and booting them off the edge 300-style (enemies seem to take damage full falling damage, which is nice)...only to be killed by something I didn't expect. There is no running in this area, if you take a wrong step you go falling off the side of the castle walls, if you go around a corner without looking first, you get a sword in the gut or get crushed by a rock. You have to constantly be aware of your surroundings and be paying attention to where you're stepping. The only place that is really "safe" is around the bonfires. Even then you're fully aware that by using the bonfire (and thus healing yourself and refilling your health potions and leveling up and so on), you've just reset every non-boss enemy in the area.

Also, the lack of a real pause button is going to kill my bladder. You cannot pause in this game, it just brings up a menu and doesn't put the game on hold. You use the D-pad to scroll the menu options while you can still use the sticks to move around.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:46 am

Grayswandir wrote:The Team Ico HD Bundle is already out for PS3.
UAISfhbasndoiasifnaisofn. I have to get it.
Grayswandir wrote: *other stuff about Dark Souls*
Yeah I've heard that both games are supposed to be really hard. A couple of friends which have played Demon's Souls also commented on how difficult it was. You can't save everywhere, and that the missions take a very long time to finish, with the risk of having to try it again from the beginning if you fail once.

Also, I edited my other post because it didn't make any sense.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:26 am

Chalky wrote:[Koala Kombat]

Watch and be amazed! It is actually quite terrifying at parts.
I've woken up to that sound coming from outside my bedroom window and, on one memorable occasion, the cupboard under the kitchen sink.

This is Australia. Even the cute animals are scary.

Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Post by Chalky » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:11 pm

R.I.P

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:24 pm

MY NAME IS NOT MICHAEL :(

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:39 pm

I still can't decide if that 'Michael' ad is awesome or stupid.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Which means it has probably NAILED its target demographic of 10 to 23 ish.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:05 am

Yeah, most people I know (read: people who fall into the 15~20ish demographic) find it pretty awesome. I rewatched it about three times to try and count all the characters I could recognize, but I still haven't got a clue who the bartenders are.