randomness

Anything else
adwuga

Re: randomness

Post by adwuga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Yep, Britain does have terrible weather, but so do some Northern States. France's weather is ok, but the people and the general living conditions are terrible(unless you are really rich: no AC, tiny dirty rooms, terrible showers and plumbing, and small everything). That's Paris at least. Also, in France, too much walking is involved. It is the worst thing imaginable to an American.

If you are really serious about leaving, India is great. Nice, warm winters, summers are great for game developers, its cheap, it smells interesting, good food, hospitable people, pickpocketing monkeys, lots of free litter for science experiments, lots of sicknesses in many common places and things for science experiments, lots of music and dancing, no traffic laws, and basically no police to harass you! Also, you don't get any annoying telemarketing calls from foreign call centers. If you care about the environment, there are regular power outages to support your cause! If not, there is electricity and hot water!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 pm

You make India sounds pretty nice. I as actually considering Northern Europe.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:34 am

Well, I wouldn't want to live in northern states. That's what I'm talking about. I just don't have a tolerance.

I can confirm this about France - we traveled on a fairly tight budget, and it was cramped, outdated, and a bit smelly. There are more modern buildings, but they are really pricey. Really nice city though. I don't know about the walking; I thought it was alright. Then again, I'm young and in shape, so it wasn't so much of a problem. Plus they have good subways. It really is an awesome city, in lots of aspects. If it could have the people of England, and the prices of LA, it would be great.

As for India, I don't know. My mom's been there, and according to her the people are just incredibly nice and hospitable and open, and will share practically everything with a stranger. The amenities I imagine are worse than the cheap parts of Paris, though.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 am

Korban3 wrote:You make India sounds pretty nice.
Not sure if serious...

Jacktheawesome wrote:As for India, I don't know. My mom's been there, and according to her the people are just incredibly nice and hospitable and open, and will share practically everything with a stranger. The amenities I imagine are worse than the cheap parts of Paris, though.
That's basically it.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:15 pm

is it weird that after watching this i feel intrigued to watch the movie:

i was gonna suggest israel but i knew nobody would believe me considering recent events.
i might as well though:

the weather here is pretty bearable except during the climax of the summer. that time of year it's hot as fuck.
it's a very modern country. everything pretty much is within driving distance. public transportation is very popular. they're starting to roll out 4g lte soon as well so i'm happy.
the cities are very nice with a lot of greenery everywhere. i live like 7.5km away from the sea but on especially windy days i can actually smell the salt in the air. it's awesome.
pollution isn't really a problem. neither is crowding.

also, the chicks are hot.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:42 pm

I've actually heard some pretty nice things about Isreal. And yeah, the girls are hot. Natalie Portman anyone?

But I heard form the same people that it's scary as fuck, so I don't know...

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm

*cough*bar refaeli>natalie portman*cough*

scary as fuck? are you kidding? i might just be an ignorant idiot but when there isn't some kinda shit going on (like now for example) israel is as normal as any place else... but if that's the case then everybody i know is also an ignorant idiot so i dunno...
it's a bit different if you live far down south or far up north because lebanon has hizbulla and gaza has hamas and they both make trouble in those areas but still, people still live there. hell, i know crazy people that went to live there to make a point that "we're not backing down". but it's really not that bad.
i only moved here 3 years ago but 90% of the friends i made here were born here and not once have i heard any of them say anything along the lines of "it's scary as fuck here".

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:00 pm

To be fair, this was a few years back that these people went, and they are ambassadors, so everything was probably made to seem like a threat more than it is. I'm sure normally it's fine for most people.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Elections should be like this

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 pm

moomoohk wrote:... scary as fuck? are you kidding? i might just be an ignorant idiot but when there isn't some kinda shit going on (like now for example) israel is as normal as any place else... but if that's the case then everybody i know is also an ignorant idiot so i dunno ...
Good because there is a pretty good chance that I will have to travel there someday for business and I don't wanna wear a flak jacket all the time.

(Honestly there are some other places that my company has business with in which I *really* don't wanna go. Like Juarez, Mexico.)

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 am

yeah nothing like mexico haha

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:15 am

Screenshots of Skyrim with 100 mods running.

http://momosky.tumblr.com/post/36583041 ... when-youre

Wow.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm

holy fuck, can i live there? looks better than los angeles.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 pm

You can find more here: http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html
(Scroll past all the unimportant stuff)

This one looks close to realistic and I had several friends of mine thinking that it was:

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 pm

That is... Incredible.