Alien: Isolation

Anything else
Peruraptor

Alien: Isolation

Post by Peruraptor » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:34 am

I was looking at some of the gameplay and information for the new Alien game, and it was actually fairly intriguing, especially considering the mess that was released a year ago. It seems that they're really trying to do it justice this time around, and went in a different direction this time, with one Alien chasing the mostly defenseless player throughout the game, like in the first movie. What really caught my attention was the sophisticated AI they using for the Alien. Apparently it can react to changes in light and noises much like a real predator, and approaches its victim in an organic, methodical way. The coolest thing is that it appears have similar learning capabilities to the enemies in Overgrowth, remembering what the player has previously done, so that a tactic in a continuous run might only work once. It's nice to see this type of AI become more common, and the presence of a single enemy throughout the game is a nice way of showing such learning behavior off, instead of implementing it in a shooter game where the only major lesson a grunt will learn before its swift demise is that bullets are painful.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: Alien: Isolation

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:49 pm

It looks good...

That said so did Aliens Colonial Marines...

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:49 pm

Yeah but at least people were able to play the demo this time.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:23 pm

They did play Aliens Colonial Marines too I think, it was just COMPLETELY fabricated...

I looks good nonetheless, but I don't care I'll buy it any way.

Hionimi

Post by Hionimi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Well, the trailer for this game gave me way more of a 'Hell Yeah!' feeling than Colonial Marinades. And what they demonstrated looked and sounded thought through, calculated and polished. (Yet the game is scheduled for at the end of this year. :cry: ) What confuses me though is that they said this takes place after the events of the first movie, and that you play as Amanda Ripley, Ellen Ripley's daughter who is trying to find out what happened to her mother as the Weyland Yutani Corporation likely keeps this classified or simply doesn't know. However, now comes what confuses me; Amanda will be send to different Ship, or Space Station in fact where the answers might be... Oh, and somehow a Xenomorph... While in the trailer, people who have seen 1979's movie Alien will recognize it as the Nostromo's interior, including many of its iconic details. (Bobbing bird!) So, I guess this is a flashback maybe or what is recovered from the Black Boxes of the Nostromo, which were mentioned to be recovered by the way. They probably didn't want to give away too much yet, so they sticked with the recreation of the final scene of Alien, which automatically explains why the game will take a while to finish as they still have to create the mentioned Space Station... This of course creates lots of room for brand new screw ups, but let's hope that isn't the case. Good news is is that the team that made Colonial Marinades ( :mrgreen: ) is pretty much banned from making anything Alien or Predator related, I heard.