Split: Violence in games

Anything else
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:53 am

Ultimatum479 wrote:Oh. I never sleep, so that's no big deal for me.
So that explains why you have a short temper and your contantly talking about your hippogryph, Betsy and the tranquilizer darts you created to feed the cybor-kinetic, doom bat-fleas.

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:50 pm

This is not related to the current discussion, but I thought the "Imagination Mode" David mentioned sounds like fun.
Say you're in a situation were some character is annoying you, but he's still innocent, so you can't harm him.
Then you enter your imagination, the game fades into a dreamlike state;
you're now free to pick up a chair and break it over the annoying guy's head.
The game fades back to reality, and Turner smiles sheepishly for a moment.
Something to that extent.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:21 pm

Zaphon wrote:This is not related to the current discussion, but I thought the "Imagination Mode" David mentioned sounds like fun.
Say you're in a situation were some character is annoying you, but he's still innocent, so you can't harm him.
Then you enter your imagination, the game fades into a dreamlike state;
you're now free to pick up a chair and break it over the annoying guy's head.
The game fades back to reality, and Turner smiles sheepishly for a moment.
Something to that extent.
It could also be extremely useful for Turner to go into imagination mode when he's about to infiltrate an enemy base, so that you as the player have the freedom to attempt the tackling of an obstacle as many times as needed before doing it for real :3

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:46 pm

Sounds like a cool idea, but i'd rather avoid being able to use it to achieve anything meaningful externally. I think being able to imagine anyone you've met and practice fight them would be a neat way to safely practice moves without getting your tail handed to you.

As far as domestic policy goes nothing in britain seems to change all that much. Prices rise and fall a bit, money goes to the military consistantly despite our hospitals and schools needing it and parts of Europe laugh as we STILL get all the immagrant waves despite the fact we can't and won't support them.

Oh and "top-up fees" for university. Or pretending not to charge us but making it really expensive for everyone involved :P.

Same old, same old. Its the trying to crawl up Bush's butt that annoys most of us.

Edit: Betsy is an awesome name for a Hippogryph!

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:06 am

Imagination Mode. Sound like Hero to anyone else?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:07 am

Ultimatum479 wrote:Imagination Mode. Sound like Hero to anyone else?
Your posts make me laugh...I wonder what you see when you read your own replies and topics...also, I didn't know Besty had a sister.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:16 am

Ultimatum479 wrote:
GaGrin wrote:Your country has a dangerous amount of power and not enough people stopping it from getting thrown about.
So what's your country again? Been looking through your old posts and couldn't find it.
Bleh not trying to be mean because I've decided to stop being so harsh even though you do act really obnoxious sometimes but I suppose you're younger, I was the same when I was younger and I'm not really being any better at the moment either by taking swings at you.

Not trying to be mean but you shouldn't spend so much time concentrating on an online forum. Go out and spend some time with friends.

And stop all this "user" stuff. You don't have to prove anything to us.

Just go out and enjoy yourself a bit. The computer isn't all that matters.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:27 am

I'm not entirely sure what your point was there...that I took the time to look through GaGrin's old posts? If you know how to use a search properly, it takes less than 60 seconds.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:44 am

Ultimatum479 wrote:I'm not entirely sure what your point was there...that I took the time to look through GaGrin's old posts? If you know how to use a search properly, it takes less than 60 seconds.
Man, you take offense easily don't you? Lighten up man, it'll get rid of the blood pressure too.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:05 am

Hardly. If I took offense easily at what people said, then, considering how many insults I get on a daily -- sometimes hourly -- basis, I'd emotionally be a broken shell of a man by now. It's pretty hard to offend me properly.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:47 am

Oh man, Typical. Ultimatum. Response. - T.U.R.

Wow I didn't even have to read that post because I already knew what the reply was going to be.

--

Create a thread instead of derailing this one,

-- Meh, I didn't derail this thread.

Or it could be that it's 2:00 am here when I'm reading these threads, that could be it.

-- Oh I don't sleep, ever.

Man you take offense easily don't you?

-- Hardly, I don't take offense to things.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:34 pm

Zantalos wrote:Oh man, Typical. Ultimatum. Response. - T.U.R.

Wow I didn't even have to read that post because I already knew what the reply was going to be.

--

Create a thread instead of derailing this one,

-- Meh, I didn't derail this thread.

Or it could be that it's 2:00 am here when I'm reading these threads, that could be it.

-- Oh I don't sleep, ever.

Man you take offense easily don't you?

-- Hardly, I don't take offense to things.
Don't forget his rants about his hippogryph named Betsy and the cybor-kinetic, doom bat-fleas.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:33 pm

Grayswandir wrote:Don't forget his rants about his hippogryph named Betsy and the cybor-kinetic, doom bat-fleas.
I'm not entirely sure if Gray is just being.. Gray, or if Ultimatum actually said something like that.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:36 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
Ultimatum479 wrote:Oh. I never sleep, so that's no big deal for me.
So that explains why you have a short temper and your contantly talking about your hippogryph, Betsy and the tranquilizer darts you created to feed the cybor-kinetic, doom bat-fleas.
That gave me a good laugh.

Thank you sir, and a hearty lol to you.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:24 am

Ultimatum479 wrote:I'm not entirely sure what your point was there...that I took the time to look through GaGrin's old posts? If you know how to use a search properly, it takes less than 60 seconds.
Yes, that was my point.