Indie game dev here :)

Anything else
blakeburns

Indie game dev here :)

Post by blakeburns » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Hey guys, my buddy and I made a game and I wanted to get some more feedback on it. I thought "who has the best taste in games?" so I came here :D I hope the awesome wolfire guys dont mind stuff like this.

www.blankmediagames.com/townofsalem

Check it out and tell me what you think :)

Endoperez

Re: Indie game dev here :)

Post by Endoperez » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:31 am

Another indie game dev (well, student) here.

You should look into the MARKETING, first and foremost.

Make your website look like something trustworthy, professional and cool. Your link opens something that is... none of that (1680x1050, Firefox 27.0.1 on Windows 7).
townofsalem.jpg
I'm sorry, but I don't want to enter my Facebook crededntials for a site that looks like that.
Clicking the "register" button opens a new tab, on the BACKGROUND so I might not even see it, and the page that opens is for registering to your forums. Is that the same as registration to play the game? You never tell me that. And I don't know how long a single game will take, if it's a fast consecutive game or slower turn-based one or if both ways are options.

Also, this thread and the links I follow won't tell me anything about your game. There are no links back to the home page, and there are still many people who won't bother changing the URL to get to the front page.

On the bottom of your main page, you mention "We will be launching our Kickstarter soon" - you had it already! Fix that!

The game itself looks like fun, but you neglect to mention that the game is inspired by the real-world games like Mafia, Werewolf etc. When I search for "browser games like mafia or werewolf" I get your Kickstarter but NOT your main page! Look at the successful wording you had in your kickstarter page, and update your home page to match, including mentions to the kickstarter page.

Making a game is only half the battle. Look into how to get new players interested, how to hook them in.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:42 am

This article might be useful to you guys:

http://www.theastronauts.com/2013/12/on ... marketing/

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:30 pm

...Spam?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:12 pm

No. A stillborn thread. It had the potential to become an interesting discussion, but it didn't.

luckywin90

Post by luckywin90 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:58 pm

Surely you only know New York as a place of America, right? But now there is one more great game genre that you should experience: nytimes crossword