Prey?

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Prey?

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:12 pm

Anyone play the FPS Prey for the PC? If so, what did you think of it?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:07 pm

Nobody here owns a PC but Jeff, David and a couple other weirdos :P .

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:22 pm

NickD wrote:Nobody here owns a PC but Jeff, David and a couple other weirdos :P .
*raises hand to show that he owns PC...and decides to acknowledge that he also owns a Mac*

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:34 pm

I have played the mac Demo, and Fuck its a Fun game.
Multipreyer Is stronge as... stronge?

You could be walking down a hallway and suddenly, a guy is running at you on the sealing, and your like WTFHELICOPTERBBQ?

loki J Lo
What's "what's a computer"?

Post by loki J Lo » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:02 am

I played the Mac demo and my computer is like 7 years old so I got about 2 FPS. I assume it would've been fun if I had a better computer.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:28 am

Hooray! I'm a wierdo! :lol:

No, I regret to admit I have never played Prey.

Sorry.

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:47 am

Prey is pretty good. The graphics are great, and there are a lot of crazy puzzles and situations.
So it's a fairly fun game.

But if you are considering getting a new FPS,
you should probably wait for Crysis/Half-Life 2: Episode 2/Left 4 Dead/Bioshock/etc.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:54 am

I've never played prey, my friend showed my the demo and the guns are weird..

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:13 pm

Colicedus wrote:You could be walking down a hallway and suddenly, a guy is running at you on the sealing, and your like WTFHELICOPTERBBQ?
LOL ditto. It's stronge as hell.
Zaphon wrote:But if you are considering getting a new FPS,
you should probably wait for Crysis/Half-Life 2: Episode 2/Left 4 Dead/Bioshock/etc.
Well..maybe if you have a brilliant god damn computer. If I tried to run Crysis on my computer I'd still be picking up the pieces in months to come.

But nah Prey is a great buy in my opinion. It's very cool and random and yeah it's original in terms of the weapons and the situations you're thrown in. The whole portal and gravity thing may seem like a gimmick but it's not all Prey has to offer. The story is absolutely brilliant and it's not just a vehicle for the action or anything, the story is something to be admired and it develops and twists and is just a joy to play.

The game is unbelievably addictive. I started playing at 2 p.m. the day I got it and stopped playing at 4 a.m. when I completed it.

It's weird how you don't really die. Like you go into this spirit world and you must fight the spirits of your fallen enemies to get back your spirit energy and health and whatever and then you are resurrected in the real world. It's so weird.

Ohh and the puzzles are really fun. Like a lot of the puzzles involve the switching of gravity, use of portals and the leaving of your physical body through the "spirit walk" ability all at the same time and it just makes the puzzles really weird and fun.

What's especially fun is when you're walking on the ceiling and fighting different enemies, some on the walls and some on the floor. It's just so new and cool and I loved every minute of it because I hate picking up the same old FPS games that offer the same old guns and the same old scenarios. I was looking for something new and Prey gave that to me.

Oh and then there's MultiPrey, the multiplayer mode, and my god it's fun. Think of how fun portals and gravity changes sound in single player. Now put that in multiplayer. Phwoarh! (I dunno what that sound was that I just made but it implied that what I said before that was a positive thing!)

Buuuut yeah Prey's the shiiiit. I advise you to purchase it.

Oh and they've started work on Prey 2.

A further note : If you're worried about Prey not running on your system because your requirements don't meet the minimum requirements, don't worry as that doesn't always mean much. Prey has a lot of customisable graphical options and if you just switch off all the advanced luxury graphical settings like shadows and all that crap then it'll run a lot more smoothly.

Proof of this? My computer speed is 1.6 GHz and the minimum required for Prey was like 2 or 3 GHz apparently. This wasn't a problem for me at all and the game ran extremely smoothly. That online site to test the playability of games on your PC told me that my PC failed to meet the minimum requirements of Prey. Prey still worked and ran perfectly. :P

v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

Post by v-nix » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:24 pm

ok...
im sry i could realy not be bothered to read that
but ive played the demo....
not on the pc, not on the mac
was on the holy xbox 360!

i love that demo!
gonna get the game soon

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:33 pm

3D Realms may have a bad reputation at the moment, but I really think they are getting on top of things now.

Prey is Proof.

v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

Post by v-nix » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:34 pm

they are?
Last edited by v-nix on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 pm

Colicedus wrote:3D Realms may have a bad reputation at the moment, but I really think they are getting on top of things now.

Prey is Proof.
not according to the general public as a whole :P

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:42 pm

Well, maybe Im wrong, but I'm Saying this off of what I have seen.
I have Faith in them... Just Like I have Faith in David, maybe more Faith in David Perhaps, but I still have Faith...

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

enh, i was just sayin, lol...it didn't seem to get a good rating from IMG