ghosts and the paranormal

Anything else
zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:36 pm

It says where I live right under my name. Why did that offend you, exactly?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:49 pm

Offend me? No… I mean yes… Wait, what?

It's because the basis of my religion (If you can call it that) is complete open-mindedness. That statement was incredibly urban-esque and closed-minded.

However, I do not believe Bigfoot, Yeti(s), whatever you want to call them come from different universes… That's… Well, unnecessary. Definitely not the best explanation either.

As for inanimate objects with conscious thoughts, that's possible if you can manage to shove something's soul into your kitchen stove. :P

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:44 am

Complete openmindedness is just stupid. Why would you accept things there is no evidence for? Because that's what it means, you know. I'm not as closed minded as you think, though. I don't completely dismiss the idea of bigfoot, I just don't think it's very likely that no remains would have been found. And as for inanimate objects with consciousness, I dismiss that because everything we know to have consciousness, has a brain.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:12 pm

I don't believe in bigfoot or nessy. They just sound like a load of stupid stories. I do believe in ghosts though.

Spartan X
please can i have a title soon?

Post by Spartan X » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:35 pm

what do people think of my theory?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:57 pm

HOLLOWS FTW!!!

anyways, bigfoot and nessie are weird stories and I'm not sure whether to believe them or not...I strongly believe in ghosts and believe I have seen them on rare occasions..mainly when death or near death was afoot in the city (news/mother tells me that)..but have also seen them once or twice other times...i think most of it has to do with belief...they don't glow or shine...so, to know they're there, you really have to concentrate on it or be accustomed to seeing them...I also know a friend who's grandmother died in the house he lives in now and he says she haunts it occasionally

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm

zatoichi wrote:Why would you accept things there is no evidence for?
Who says I do? I just don't dismiss things there is no evidence for, and if something turns out to become one of my beliefs, all the better for me.

Immortality isn't necessarily biologically impossible, too. I'm not entirely sure whose remains you mean, but I assume it's El Yeti-o's. Then again, that'd take a lot of evolution to develop a biological age-reversing mechanism…

…Meh.

P.S: Everything we know to have consciousness has a brain because a brain is the main way for something to show that it has thoughts of its own. Think, if the pet rock the guy across the street has had a soul, would you have any way of finding out? Not really, it's just a rock. And because it's just a rock, said soul would probably get bored and leave, having nothing to do. Unless that soul is trapped… Well, pet-rock-soul-thingy, sux2bu.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:25 pm

Ok well heres a response to the people who say "Ghosts don't exist, you can't prove they do." I say this- prove they dont :D and if you don't you're a narrow minded bastard.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:43 pm

A typical, but very true statement.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:59 pm

believe in teh ghosts and tehy shall appears!

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:33 pm

Inability to disprove something does not prove said thing. I can't prove God doesn't exist, but I have yet to see solid evidence he does. Same for ghosts.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:06 pm

zatoichi wrote:Inability to disprove something does not prove said thing. I can't prove God doesn't exist, but I have yet to see solid evidence he does. Same for ghosts.

No it doesn't, but there is evidence that cannot be explained away from the fact that ghosts may exist. As far as the god thing, keep your religion to yourself. Many people find it an awkward subject to talk about and is considered rude.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:56 pm

zatoichi wrote:Inability to disprove something does not prove said thing. I can't prove God doesn't exist, but I have yet to see solid evidence he does. Same for ghosts.
stop falsifying reality...most say that those who exprience death are better able to see ghosts...so, I believe them...and I wait for the day when I can see them...but the skill may also be able to be honed...who knows, I beleive what I see on Ghosthunters and hope that I get some of those weird experiences, too...but that's just me, a 14 year old guitar geek

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:04 am

Believe what ever you want, but don't expect other people to think it's reasonable. And I'll talk about religion if I feel like it. But I don't, unless someone wants to have a nice, long argument with me. I know I come off as a bit of an jackass, but does anyone at least agree with me about their not being solid evidence for believing in ghosts and the like? So far I've only seen people that disagree with me.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:10 am

TEH GHOSTS SHALL KILL TEH NONBELIEVERESSSSS!!!!

nah, i don't agree with you but, I get why you say that...there's no logical way to explain ghosts...and there may never be a logical way...so, I wait for the day that I can prove their existence...or not..