Most users online

Anything else
theblob

Most users online

Post by theblob » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:59 pm

Hey people lets try and beat the old record of most users online (8) post what times you go on (in gmt please) and we'll try and set a time where more than 8 users go on.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:10 pm

I can't believe 8 is the record. Once David releases Lugaru, it will skyrocket.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:36 pm

Indeed, and perhaps Lugaru.tk can get more than 4 registered users :)

theblob

Post by theblob » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:10 am

maybe david should have links to lugaru fansites somwhere on his website, i don't think many peopole know about lugaru.tk

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:36 pm

Now it's at 9, although I would put money on that going up once it's posted to macnn, img, macgamer, etc. tomorrow

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:15 pm

I can't get to Lugaru.tk! :( Safari says it can't find it. :(

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:17 am

OK, I know this thread is old (these forums, have suddenly slowed down I think. Probably due to that awesome mod by Silb!).

But, how was that record broken? Was it as planned, or for some reason 72 people just happened to go on at once. That's pretty awesome because that hasn't happened anymore...
It's normally like around 6 or something.

Hey, how high do you think it will be when Lugaru comes out? When it nears completion, we should spread it fast so that people could actually anticipate the game. Maybe on the release date, it will get a bunch of downloads, and then even more people would get this game! (Hey, you guys know that Lugaru is still on the front page for download.com's adventure games. Pretty sick eh!)

And now, going by that same trend in pattern... The amount of users will go to like...uhh 576 at one time! Whoa, now I know I'm gonna be there for that (a high amount of registered users that signed in would be really cool, a really long list!) :D

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:28 am

The current record is from when Lugaru was posted on Slashdot.org, which brought a ton of people all at one time. When Lugaru 2 gets closer and closer to release, more high volume websites will post about it, and there will be giant surges on each posting.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:58 am

Wow. That's cool. Not only that but, that community usually only focuses on the bigger picture. Getting around 72 users at once just because of that is like, insane.
So, did they post anything? Was it like a big commotion like "Ryan Gording is porting this game? The porter of Jump n Bump?" Or was it more of them just browsing around the site.

Those members seem much mature than just your average person (afterall, their motto is 'news for nerds'). But man, thats really cool, all those people show up just because of a small mention of Lugaru (was it really just because David needed a porter?). Awesome. 8)