no
5%
KETCHUP
45%

Total votes: 20

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:20 am

Ok, Coli...Gears of War or Halo? while thinking, remember, Gears of War has a chainsaw...

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:53 am

The Chainsaw sounds appealing.
How ever, from what I have seen of the game being played, Its a great game.

its not jump out and shoot and dodge bullets like Quake and Unreal (although built off the Unreal Engine as far as I know) Its a Duck and Cover, I would use the words "Trench warfare" game, Just like Real life.

as Far as I know, People don't run around firing heavy machine guns side stepping and screaming BOOM head shot with a rocket launcher.
In war, I would believe that the objective is not to die, but to not be seen and let the other SOB die!
I play games for realism. I know allot of you may say "Your boring" because of that, but realism makes me feel more immersed.

How ever, My choice in sides Is the "Stop trying to make yourself seem so important in you miserable life, you'll never amount to anything if you sit around and play Halo all day Side"

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:28 am

*voice from out of nowhere says "BOOM! HALO YOU PWNED HALO! $300,000,000,000,000" lucky you*

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:45 am

... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... :?

v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

Post by v-nix » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:22 am

gears is awsome, you can do alot more than normal FPSes
but halo is great too i like halo1 better than halo2, not saying halo2 is bad, i just like the first one better
sure dual wielding is good, hijaking is great and energy sword is awsome,

but in halo1 everything is simpler, 2 shots with sniper kills, 1 headshot sniper kills, you can shoot people out of tanks, covanent are just mean aliens hell bent on killing humans,
and everything is clearer, i cant explain properly but look at this

http://files.xboxic.com/xbox/halo/halo1.jpg

that is halo1 you can see everything in it because their isnt realy much light and dark effects

http://xboxmedia.gamespy.com/xbox/image ... 252067.jpg

thats halo2 everything is complicated, you dont notice thing as easily,
eg. that guys in warthog you dont notice straight away (well i didnt anyway)
and the sneeky guy up in the left corner

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:29 am

i agree halo 1 was much easier and halo 2 was much more complicated...which is fine for me. less other people who dont know how to play playing during MY TURN! I went to the bathroom for like, 20 secs and you start a game of CTF when you have to score 500 times? F%&# you! Gears kicks ass btw. just thought you should know that. call of duty does to, next one will kick its own ass by kicking other peoples asses so much they fly around the earth and hit it in the ass.....yeah...

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:33 pm

v-nix wrote:Gears is awsome! You can do alot more than normal FPSs
but Halo is great, too. I like Halo 1 better than Halo 2. I'm not saying Halo 2 is bad, i just like the first one better.

Sure dual-wielding is good, hijaking is great and energy swords are awsome but, in Halo 1 everything is simpler. Two shots with sniper kills, 1 headshot sniper kills, you can shoot people out of tanks, covanent are just mean aliens hell bent on killing humans, and everything is clearer, I can't explain properly but look at this.

That is Halo 1. You can see everything in it because their aren't really many light and dark effects.

That's Halo 2, everything is complicated. You don't notice things as easily,
eg. That guy's in a Warthog and you don't notice right away (well I didn't anyway) and the sneaky guy up in the left corner gets you.
Here I fixed that whole post for you, it's now error free (for the most prt, at least)...but I just wanted to say that Gears of War is a third person shooter, not an FPS

dang...that took me five minutes and the post still looks terrible

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:00 pm

For some reason, when ever I hear the name Xbox, I think up something really Deviant.... :?

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:22 am

I agree with V-nix. Halo was good because the enemies were just enemies. Now they have a society. Which just makes things too complicated. Before, they were evil aliens that thought the ring was a weapon, now they're normal aliens that think Halo will kill everyone who hates them.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 am

Blorx wrote:
BunnyWithStick wrote:
Blorx wrote:…they're the same as every other FPS out there…
Not true, they're the only FPSes I've seen so far that have vehicles (Vehicles pwn! Best idea ever.)
Blorx wrote:…nohing special bout it…
Ahem, Vehicles Pwn! Best Idea Ever! That's something special, right?

Even if an FPS I haven't played has vehicles, I doubt it'll have something equivalent to auto-recharging energy shields (Healthpacks should never be the only way to regain HP.)
woah, you need to get out more...vehicles weren't exactly a new idea in Halo...they're in most of the Delta Force games and ALL of the Battlefield games...
What's Delta Force? And I thought Battlefield was an RTS series or something like that?

Oh, and did you just say get out more? How the hell is that supposed to let me know more about games?!

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:30 am

How can you not know what Battlefield is? :P

HAHA.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Delta Force is a squad based FPS based more on survival in enemy lines...ammo is severely limited. all is picked up from enemies and the more the enemy shoots, the less you get...also, vehicles tend to be a big part in some missions...

and Battlefield is like one of the leading FPS series out there, man...wow...seriously, how can you not have heard of Battlefied 1942, Battlefield Vietnam or Battlefield 2142?

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:26 pm

i heard of battlefield series, its for comp right? maybe ill get it....after bioshock, guitar hero 3, metroid, SSMB, an ipod and new guitar...after all that that will be at the top of my list...well...close to the top

v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

Post by v-nix » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:47 pm

Blorx wrote:
v-nix wrote:Gears is awsome! You can do alot more than normal FPSs
but Halo is great, too. I like Halo 1 better than Halo 2. I'm not saying Halo 2 is bad, i just like the first one better.

Sure dual-wielding is good, hijaking is great and energy swords are awsome but, in Halo 1 everything is simpler. Two shots with sniper kills, 1 headshot sniper kills, you can shoot people out of tanks, covanent are just mean aliens hell bent on killing humans, and everything is clearer, I can't explain properly but look at this.

That is Halo 1. You can see everything in it because their aren't really many light and dark effects.

That's Halo 2, everything is complicated. You don't notice things as easily,
eg. That guy's in a Warthog and you don't notice right away (well I didn't anyway) and the sneaky guy up in the left corner gets you.
Here I fixed that whole post for you, it's now error free (for the most prt, at least)...but I just wanted to say that Gears of War is a third person shooter, not an FPS

dang...that took me five minutes and the post still looks terrible
ummm..... does anyone here realy care about capital letters and a few miss spellings? well, i dont i just care about the point i was making

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:58 pm

well, mostly, I added correct punctuation so that normal people could read it without getting really confused