IGD: PARENTS VS. STEAM.

Anything else
Endoperez

Re: IGD: PARENTS VS. STEAM.

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Update:

HAH I WAS RIGHT

Gods Will Be Watching made a new trailer and got an age restriction put in place

Trailer.

Remember hunterRose? That idiot from the Hotline Miami forums?

Well he did this.

The thread was deleted.
The trailer made me feel physically sick so I stopped it after the first two choices. Where was the age restriction placed, and why hadn't it been there from the beginning? I didn't like seeing that stuff, especially out of the blue with no warning.

I can view this thread started by HunterRose, is this the deleted thread you mentioned?
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/f ... 129046913/

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: That idiot from the Hotline Miami forums?
Ragdollmaster wrote:Does anyone else taste the delicious irony in Phoenix talking about little kids and idiots

I sure do

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote:Does anyone else taste the delicious irony in Phoenix talking about little kids

I sure do
You know...

Fuck you.
[subsequent double post]
Hah. Not helping your case there, Phoenix.

Oh, and please at least try to be civil if not original in your response, I beg of you.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Glabbit wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote:Does anyone else taste the delicious irony in Phoenix talking about little kids

I sure do
You know...

Fuck you.
[subsequent double post]
Hah. Not helping your case there, Phoenix.

Oh, and please at least try to be civil if not original in your response, I beg of you.
He didn't earn it.
Retarded Username wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: That idiot from the Hotline Miami forums?
Ragdollmaster wrote:Does anyone else taste the delicious irony in Phoenix talking about little kids and idiots

I sure do
I want a personal death squad.
Endoperez wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Update:

HAH I WAS RIGHT

Gods Will Be Watching made a new trailer and got an age restriction put in place

Trailer.

Remember hunterRose? That idiot from the Hotline Miami forums?

Well he did this.

The thread was deleted.
The trailer made me feel physically sick so I stopped it after the first two choices. Where was the age restriction placed, and why hadn't it been there from the beginning? I didn't like seeing that stuff, especially out of the blue with no warning.

I can view this thread started by HunterRose, is this the deleted thread you mentioned?
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/f ... 129046913/
No, it was different. In the thread I mentioned he acted more like a dick to everyone.

The developers have since assured me that hunterRose did less then nothing to change the game, it's still violent and bloody.

Also...

I DON'T LIKE HAVING TO GO THROUGH AN AGE GATE WHEN HE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS DON'T LET YOUR KIDS ON STEAM.

Seriously, in the deleted thread he constantly mentions the children, it's a popular argument since you can't lose it.

There is always a potential for a kid to see something, so you can't really lose that argument.

It doesn't help his case that most of his posts are filled with false information.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Can we all just assume that Phoenix is somewhere between the ages of 12 and 15, of the age where he really wants to be treated as a mature adult already and resents the feeling that someone is trying to patronize him with anything "kid friendly," so he is trying to militantly prove that he is a big strong tough gamer who doesn't need any special consideration? Because I'm getting a reeeeally strong vibe of that.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:41 pm

Jacktheawesome wrote:Can we all just assume that Phoenix is somewhere between the ages of 12 and 15, of the age where he really wants to be treated as a mature adult already and resents the feeling that someone is trying to patronize him with anything "kid friendly," so he is trying to militantly prove that he is a big strong tough gamer who doesn't need any special consideration? Because I'm getting a reeeeally strong vibe of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWIZRj0TvCE

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:I DON'T LIKE HAVING TO GO THROUGH AN AGE GATE
Suck it up...or fake your age. You know, pretend you're actually 18.
WHEN HE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS DON'T LET YOUR KIDS ON STEAM.
You do realize Steam sells games for all ages, right? As much as I like the idea of parents being responsible for their kids, not age gating content meant for older buyers is a stupid idea. Mostly because parents aren't always responsible. Keeps the lawyers away and such.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:56 am

Grayswandir wrote: Suck it up...or fake your age. You know, pretend you're actually 18.
Yes every time I decide to check the store page I have to enter the same information I had to enter for Hotline Miami.
Awesome...
You do realize Steam sells games for all ages, right?
I covered that in the discussion with HunterRose.
You can argue that, but it doesn't change the fact that you should monitor EVERYTHING your children do on Steam and the internet in general.
As much as I like the idea of parents being responsible for their kids, not age gating content meant for older buyers is a stupid idea. Mostly because parents aren't always responsible. Keeps the lawyers away and such.
Most parents should HAVE to be responsible.

I mean c'mon, kids aren't stupid, they can lie about their age relatively easily.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:13 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Grayswandir wrote: Suck it up...or fake your age. You know, pretend you're actually 18.
Yes every time I decide to check the store page I have to enter the same information I had to enter for Hotline Miami.
Awesome...
Steam should automatically remember what age you put in the first time, so you just have to click the confirm button for all the other games you're lying about your age on.
As much as I like the idea of parents being responsible for their kids, not age gating content meant for older buyers is a stupid idea. Mostly because parents aren't always responsible. Keeps the lawyers away and such.
Most parents should HAVE to be responsible.
I mean c'mon, kids aren't stupid, they can lie about their age relatively easily.
So you'd like something harsher then? Like age verification and ID check? Maybe an email verification by your parents or legal guarding to make sure you're buying a game that's for your age? I mean we both agree that parents aren't always responsible, so the best option is to make things HARDER for kids to access right? Oh, here we go: assign an access key that changes every week that the Steam account owner has to enter for every purchase. Obviously, no restrictions is silly, because as we know, parents aren't always responsible.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:18 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
You do realize Steam sells games for all ages, right?
I covered that in the discussion with HunterRose.
You can argue that, but it doesn't change the fact that you should monitor EVERYTHING your children do on Steam and the internet in general.
You are dodging the point.
The trailer you have presented needs an age restriction because the content requires it. Steam is accessible for all ages and therefore needs to control access to content not appropriate for younger people. Otherwise Valve would get into legal trouble.

By the way, I don't have to confirm my age when accessing it and in the few cases it does it does remember my age. So that probably means that you are not 18 and should probably be subjected to a vigorous name calling for behaving like an annoying little kid, because that's what literally all you have been doing in this thread so far.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:13 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:I DON'T LIKE HAVING TO GO THROUGH AN AGE GATE WHEN HE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS DON'T LET YOUR KIDS ON STEAM.
YOU'D HAVE TO BE 17 YEARS OLD TO USE STEAM, THEN.

Steams doesn't sell games with Adult Only rating (ESRB rating AO), but does sell game swith Mature (M) rating. Games rated M are suitable for people ages 17 and up.

Also, your entire complaint here is that you don't like something...

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:00 am

Jacktheawesome wrote:Can we all just assume that Phoenix is somewhere between the ages of 12 and 15, of the age where he really wants to be treated as a mature adult already and resents the feeling that someone is trying to patronize him with anything "kid friendly," so he is trying to militantly prove that he is a big strong tough gamer who doesn't need any special consideration? Because I'm getting a reeeeally strong vibe of that.
Hardly the first time anyone's seen a kid his age online, it's been blatantly obvious since his first few shitposts. Everything from his apparently insatiable desire of cursing at anyone who calls him out on not having his balls dropped yet, to the random all caps sentences, to the almost laughably Freudian rage at anything anti-child since he automatically feels patronized by it, makes his age about as conspicuous as a rock to the face.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Hardly the first time anyone's seen a kid his age online, it's been blatantly obvious since his first few shitposts. Everything from his apparently insatiable desire of cursing at anyone who calls him out on not having his balls dropped yet, to the random all caps sentences, to the almost laughably Freudian rage at anything anti-child since he automatically feels patronized by it, makes his age about as conspicuous as a rock to the face.
Oh yeah I think the age has been pretty obvious from the beginning, but I don't think this thread ever served any real purpose beyond being an attempt to look mature. Honestly I think it's about time to consider the banhammer, at least a temp. It's clear he has no concept of how to operate civilly on a forum, when all he really does these days is start whiny threads and shitpost.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:56 pm

Jacktheawesome wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote:
Oh yeah I think the age has been pretty obvious from the beginning, but I don't think this thread ever served any real purpose beyond being an attempt to look mature. Honestly I think it's about time to consider the banhammer, at least a temp. It's clear he has no concept of how to operate civilly on a forum, when all he really does these days is start whiny threads and shitpost.
*Sigh (I actually sighed [I guess that's the right word.])*

I'll modify a quote from one of my favorite YouTube videos ever:

"You cannot consecutively tell someone *insert insult here* and re-evaluate without thinking 'Well if he isn't an *(asshole, or original insult)* I SURE AM (Caps for emphasis)."

There, you guys consider that, I going to make sure my dog isn't dead (He's diabetic [At least we think] and might have a cataract [We think]) and then I'm going to leave.

But I'll leave you with one joke: I'm now in your head.

Slowly eating you like a fungus.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:14 pm

That was even hard to read, Phoenix, just stop already.