I hate you Dark Souls 2.

Anything else
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

I hate you Dark Souls 2.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:36 pm

$50 on PC.

Ass multiplayer.

NO PAUSING.

PvP Favoritism.

Horrible game design.

Why are all hardcore games shit?
Last edited by Phoenixwarrior141 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korban3

Re: I hate you Dark Souls.

Post by Korban3 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:49 pm

because you're a kike
shoulda got in on the steam summer sale mang
worth it so good

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:$50 on PC.

Ass multiplayer.

NO PAUSING.

PvP Favoritism.

Horrible game design.
There is no multiplayer unless you allow for it. I only fought other human once, and gotta agree, the price for learning it is so high I'm not interested in it.

Excellent combat, level design, game design, combat design, pretty much everything except the PC conversion. I still haven't quite figured out how to get a PS2 controller to work with it. It's a nice game tho', I like it.

It has its share of mistakes. For example - you can't aim with a crossbow manually (no crosshair or aiming mode), and you can't auto-aim at humans. The one time I fought another human, I was on top of a house with only one way in, armed with full Estus flask and a sword and a crossbow, but I lost because I couldn't use the damn crossbow to shoot at the other guy. Oh, and he was better at melee.
Yes, a friend told me how you might aim with a crossbow, but I didn't have that item there.

I dunno about DS2, haven't played it yet.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Whaddya mean you can't auto-aim at humans? Of course you can! You can't lock onto non-hostile NPCs, true, but that can be fixed by making them hostile.

Or do you mean that crossbow aiming is shite at a moving human target? That's true. But finding the right moment to strike is part of the challenge, of course.

Dark Souls has its flaws, certainly, but when you realise its depth of world and character and figure out the pvp mechanics… I've never enjoyed a game that much since Rune

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Dark Souls is great game.I only paid like $15 for it or something. Sucks to suck, nerd.

EDIT:
Woah it's like 1000th post. Why has it taken me so long to achieve that? :shock:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:07 pm

PRAISE THE SUN!!!
Let us cross the gaps between the worlds and engage in jolly co-operation!

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Glabbit wrote:Whaddya mean you can't auto-aim at humans? Of course you can! You can't lock onto non-hostile NPCs, true, but that can be fixed by making them hostile.

Or do you mean that crossbow aiming is shite at a moving human target? That's true. But finding the right moment to strike is part of the challenge, of course.
You can't lock the auto-aim at PVP humans. As in, invading humans players.
And you can't easily enter the free-roaming, zoomed-in mode the bows have.
Which I noticed just after acquiring a crossbow and bolts, when a human invaded almost immediately afterwards. The problem was, I thought it was a bug and I was simply doing something wrong - instead, as far as I've been able to figure it out, it just is that way and that's that.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:17 pm

Dark Souls hates you too <3

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:35 pm

Endoperez wrote:You can't lock the auto-aim at PVP humans. As in, invading humans players.
Which I noticed just after acquiring a crossbow and bolts, when a human invaded almost immediately afterwards. The problem was, I thought it was a bug and I was simply doing something wrong - instead, as far as I've been able to figure it out, it just is that way and that's that.
That is mighty curious. I've been using the Avelyn crossbow in my pvp builds, and have been able to lock on to people just fine. I wonder what causes you to experience that differently?

EDIT: Oh, and of course:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Glabbit wrote:Whaddya mean you can't auto-aim at humans? Of course you can! You can't lock onto non-hostile NPCs, true, but that can be fixed by making them hostile.

You can't lock the auto-aim at PVP humans. As in, invading humans players.
The amount of light in an area seems to have an effect on the lock-on range...as well as the connection of the players together. You also can't lock onto something unless you can see it, althought the lock will stick to a certain distance even if the target moves behind an object. Crossbows can't be aimed and require a lock on...which should be clicking in one of the sticks while looking at your target. Bows can be manually aimed (slowly). The issue in PvP is that crossbows and bows are slow to reload after firing unless you get the jump on someone.

There is an option for turning auto lock on and off so the game won't try to lock onto the nearest thing all the time without your input.
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:$50 on PC.
Its only $19.99 on Steam, where are you trying to buy it from?
NO PAUSING.
Sleep is for the weak. So is scratching your ass, eating, and going to the bathroom. The no pausing thing can be an issue.
PvP Favoritism.
You can beat the entire game as an Undead. The only time someone can invade you is if you use some Humanity to turn back into a human.
Why are all hardcore games shit?
So you hate FTL now?

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Endoperez wrote:
There is no multiplayer unless you allow for it.
DS2 Forces PvP ALL THE TIME.

No co-op, just PVP if you're hollowed.
Grayswandir wrote:PRAISE THE SUN!!!
Let us cross the gaps between the worlds and engage in jolly co-operation!
*You've been invaded*
underthedeep wrote:Dark Souls is great game.I only paid like $15 for it or something. Sucks to suck, nerd.

EDIT:
Woah it's like 1000th post. Why has it taken me so long to achieve that? :shock:
It's still shit.

I still put 167 hours into it...
Dammasta wrote:Dark Souls hates you too <3
Nope...

Quelaag hates me.
Grayswandir wrote:
Its only $19.99 on Steam, where are you trying to buy it from?
DS2 is $50
Sleep is for the weak. So is scratching your ass, eating, and going to the bathroom. The no pausing thing can be an issue.
It's lazy game design.
You can beat the entire game as an Undead. The only time someone can invade you is if you use some Humanity to turn back into a human.
DS2 forces PvP all the time, whether you're hollow or not.
So you hate FTL now?
Granted, FTL is good.

underthedeep

Re: I hate you Dark Souls 2.

Post by underthedeep » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Glad he changed the title of this thread so everyone understands it correctly.

That being said, I have not played DS2 yet. You're entitled to your own opinion. Personally I don't think not having pause is lazy game design, since it was obviously a decision they agreed on.

I am done here since I haven't played it.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:25 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Grayswandir wrote: Its only $19.99 on Steam, where are you trying to buy it from?
DS2 is $50
Demon's Souls is $17.00.
It's lazy game design.
Its on purpose because of the way cooperative and pvp works. Nothing wrong with sticking to your guns when you design a game. You made an entire thread about that fact earlier.
DS2 forces PvP all the time, whether you're hollow or not.

You fixed the thread but originally I thought the post was about the first Dark Souls.

I'm waiting for the price of Dark Souls 2 to go down before I buy it. Looks like its a better port than Dark Souls 1 was.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Grayswandir wrote: Its only $19.99 on Steam, where are you trying to buy it from?
DS2 is $50
Demon's Souls is $17.00.
PS3 is a NOPE in my book, I'm a dedicated Xbox player when it comes to consoles.
Its on purpose because of the way cooperative and pvp works. Nothing wrong with sticking to your guns when you design a game. You made an entire thread about that fact earlier.
I still don't like it, most of the time you are in single player.

You fixed the thread but originally I thought the post was about the first Dark Souls.

I'm waiting for the price of Dark Souls 2 to go down before I buy it. Looks like its a better port than Dark Souls 1 was.
It is a better port I hear, an KB+M works fine too.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:40 am

I finished Dark Souls 1 with keyboard and mouse. It was fidgety to get used to, but it ended up feeling oddly natural.

DS2, whilst I hear it's a far better PC port, I'm actually very wary of. Just the fact that it's called Dark Souls 2 was enough to send my brain on a tangent imagining how it's being pushed primarily to sell what bureaucratic non-gamer businessmen thought DS1 was selling. Exploiting the popularity and such.

Since then I've found a lot of evidence to support my biased claim, but I've also found that DS2 is by no means a bad game.
Hateful though, yes, I'll grant you. There's a lot more gimmicks and areas that one might soon call 'cheap' than there were in DS1.

Though we all miss Solaire, DS2 is still more fun hacky slashy adventure and for that it is welcome.
Speaking of, I've still yet to complete Demon's Souls, brb.