I regret everything.

Anything else
Endoperez

Re: I regret everything.

Post by Endoperez » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:39 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Now now, you need to give me a reason for this to be what you claim it is, hooray.

No, it's not possible.

You need a serious Tumblr addiction not to call this bullshit out as bullshit.

Particularly because Depression Quest is shit.
Do you see the irony? Proper response later, but I check tumble for pretty images perhaps once a month, which already means one of your statements is false.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Now now, you need to give me a reason for this to be what you claim it is, hooray.
I'll leave my opinion on the video (which I still think is crap) as an opinion. To argue further, I'd have to rewatch it, which I'm not interested in doing.
You need a serious Tumblr addiction not to call this bullshit out as bullshit.
You're equating Tumblr with SJW. Whether or not I'm a SJW doesn't change anything. I could argue against it, but again, not interested. You can think I'm a circus bear or whatever.

What I do care is the fact that you claim it's not possible to disagree with anything tens of thousands of people on the internet are saying.
I'm not arguing against you, or Internet Aristocrat. I'm arguing against this mob of angry people who are angry at a woman who doesn't deserve to suffer from the anger of tens of thousands of people any more than I do. Or any more than the dozens of game developers I know. Or more than you, who I don't know.

Why not? I mean, she could have cheated and she could have lied and had other people lie for her. I don't know for certain. So why not?
Because no one deserves that.
It's that simple.
If it was written into a law, this punishment where your means of communications are taken from you, your means of communication are bombarded with hostile messages, and you would be publicly shamed and accused... what would be the crime that you think would deserve this sort of a punishment?

You have told me that I have to agree with everything any of them do. I can't do that, because I already disagree with some things they say and some things they do.

Now, onward:

Depression Quest is shit.
Could be. I haven't tried it, but I hear it's not a fun game. So yes, you could say it's shit.
Zoe Quinn made Depression Quest.
Yeah.

These things have nothing to do with any of the issues that are supposed to be the point - the cheating, the dishonest journalists, or the abuse heaped on a woman.

Is cheating any better, or any worse, if the one doing the cheating has a successful career? Not really.
If journalists are dishonest... well actually you don't care. You think Zoe Quinn is the main focus. In fact, you think the journalists' names aren't out there, when they are. "zoe quinn five men", result 2: Brandon McCartin, Kyle Pulver, Nathan Grayson, Robin Arnott, Joshua Boggs.

The abuse heaped on a woman - you don't think it's happening, or you think it's deserved, or you don't think it's a big deal. I do. This is why I argue. I think it's happening, I think it's undeserved (because no one deserves it), and I care enough to argue with you.

How can you be happy that an angry ex could upset the life of a normal person by making some claims on the internet,
That's an awful lot of bullshit that Zoe seems to be running with for just an angry ex. Particularly because she ruined a feminist Game Jam and made a different one particularly to scam people.
You mean this?
http://i.imgur.com/Gy2n50g.png

Not a game jam, exactly, but close.
She "started a twitter storm", which resulted in crashes, personal information of organizers being leaked, and so on.
Here it is: http://x3.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/60/2 ... 271447.jpg
She disagrees with what they were doing, talked a bit about it in Twitter, and then... uh, the site went down, or something? It seems like her Twitter talk started an internet storm. If you think that is wrong, well, isn't that what the ex's writings did as well?

As for the "scam"... The game jam "scam" is one that will be filmed and produced into a television series (or video series, or something - I'm not certain on the specifics), and as it happens, that is rather expensive. She doesn't have that money in her pocket, not to throw away into a project like that, so it doesn't have a set date. The jam might not ever happen, true, but it's more likely that will be because of inexperience rather than actual ill will.
and have her private life become a meme
Try again, it's a statement for everything wrong with feminism, the game industry, and gaming journalism.
I assume you are saying that this conspiracy theory is stating that feminism is wrong because some women do wrong things, that game industry is wrong because some game developers do wrong things, and game journalism is wrong because some game journalists do wrong things?

Is this right?
and a mess on her professional environment?
You mean doing nothing and developing shit games?
Not in those words, but yes. Is it right than an ex can ruin that?
Feminism also hasn't been "equality for both men and women". Look into the name. It's "make women equal with men",
That doesn't seem to help your cause. At all. Especially since this still lets feminazis be feminists and intrude on every other thing men like to do exclusively with other men and keeping men from doing anything that women like or need exclusively.
I'm saying it not to help my cause, but to explain what feminism is.

Yes, feminazis can be feminists, because it's a term so loosely defined that it can encompass two persons who disagree on pretty much everything, but both think of themselves as feminists. In that regard it's like "patriot". You know what a patriot is for, but you can't tell what a patriot opposes. It could be anything, or everything.

Calling yourself a feminist, or a patriot, doesn't make a wrong thing right. It might make you think it's right. You're still wrong.

Here's my questions again, in a handy short format. I doubt this will be resolved in a few posts, so lets not make the quotes any longer than necessary.
[+] Qs
1) what would be the crime that you think would deserve this sort of a public humiliation as a punishment?
2) by the ruined game jam, do you mean the things that sounds eerily similar to what's ruining her personal life right now?
3) feminism is wrong because some women do wrong things, that game industry is wrong because some game developers do wrong things, and game journalism is wrong because some game journalists do wrong things?
4) Is it right than an ex can ruin a career, even a shitty one?

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:51 pm

1) She's reveling in this and earning more from it. If anything she's being rewarded at the cost of getting bad mouthed in gossip. Like she wasn't already.

2) Don't know where you're going with that. She wasn't doxxed, get banned from twitter among other things.

3) No. Feminism isn't wrong because some feminists do wrong things. The gaming industry is as bad as it is now because some developers do wrong things. Gaming journalism is fucked to hell because most game journalists do wrong things.

4) Except he didn't. At most he brought Zoe's bullshit to light.

Shitty, dishonest careers deserve to be made into living hell-s or ended entirely. Zoe will suffer both, and it will be deserved.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Shitty, dishonest careers deserve to be made into living hell-s or ended entirely. Zoe will suffer both, and it will be deserved.
I can't understand how you can think this...

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:24 am

Endoperez wrote: I can't understand how you can think this...
I'll elaborate.

Zoe's shitty and dishonest career doesn't deserve to continue. If tomorrow she goes "Sorry for all the bullshit" I'll happily change my opinion of her and her career, for now all she's doing is reveling in all this and abusing the fact that overzealous feminist mods who are rampantly and rapidly delete everything negative related to her.

She's luck that journalists are slowest to take up arms against women and fastest to take up arms against men. Hoo-fucking-ray.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:22 pm

I just got home after a ten-hour workday, I will post something at some point but maybe not today.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:10 pm

https://twitter.com/TheQuinnspiracy/sta ... 2763399170

Some information that someone claimed was Zoe Quinn's personal information was proven to be incorrect. This incorrect information is blamed on her.

Guys, have I ever mentioned I'm ACTUALLY Zoe Quinn herself? Because I totally am.
And if I'm not, it's Zoe Quinn's fault, because I'm not really someone else claiming I am Zoe Quinn, I am Zoe Quinn faking very well to be someone else claiming to be Zoe Quinn.

Anita Sarkeesian also got threats that spoke about her home address, her family members, and included really violent threats. She, like Zoe, is currently away from her home because it's unsafe.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/27/f ... h-threats/

The reaction? "Oh she probably faked it, it's just her doing this to herself."

:roll:

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:56 pm

This thread makes me sad

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:40 pm

It's funny and sad that Endo is really trying to have an actual discussion with Phoenix.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:16 am

Retarded Username wrote:It's funny and sad that Endo is really trying to have an actual discussion with Phoenix.
Having. We just disagree. It's still a discussion, and I don't like the way you kinda imply Phoenix is unable to have a discussion. I'm already busy trying to get people to stop dehumanizing one person, don't you start doing that too!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:27 am

Maybe I'm just cynical and depressed, but this is all bullshit. Who cares if Anita or Zoe are hated? I mean, who really cares in the grand scheme of things? If it gets bad enough, maybe they ought to pack and start a new life somewhere else. And not fuck it up by being insufferable this time. It's not like they've done the world enough favors that we owe them anything.

I'm sick of people being loud, social justice bigots and I'm sick of hearing about their bullshit. I'm sick of hearing about how we all hate them because they're insufferable and I'm sick of hearing about how they're lives got fucked up because they're intolerable people and how everyone reacted by treating them horribly.

This thread is ridiculous and it isn't achieving anything. The discussion here is pointless, especially since the damage is already done. I suggest a nice RP thread, or more fanart or something.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:30 am

Korban3 wrote:Maybe I'm just cynical and depressed, but this is all bullshit. Who cares if Anita or Zoe are hated? I mean, who really cares in the grand scheme of things? If it gets bad enough, maybe they ought to pack and start a new life somewhere else. And not fuck it up by being insufferable this time. It's not like they've done the world enough favors that we owe them anything.
I care. It's not big in the grand scheme of things, but it's problematic, and a symptom of a bigger problem in the industry I work in and in the hobby I'm part of, so I do care.

They can't pack up and start a new life, because this is happening in the internet. You shouldn't ask them to leave the internet either. I don't know about you, but where I live, internet access is a legal right.

The rest of the world doesn't owe them anything special, but if the rest of the world finds them insufferable, the rest of the world should ignore them and not demand that they shut up. I would prefer that people were kind and compassionate, but if they can't, at the very least they should stop themselves before they become bullies.
I'm sick of people being loud, social justice bigots and I'm sick of hearing about their bullshit.
"Social justice is also a concept that is used to describe the movement towards a socially just world" ... "In this context, social justice is based on the concepts of human rights and equality" (from WP).

Human rights bigot.
Equality of all humans bigot. ¨

A person can be a bigot while trying, or claiming, to be for social justice. Doesn't make the term any less of an oxymoron.
The discussion here is pointless [...]I suggest a nice RP thread, or more fanart or something.
Heh, as if that'd be less pointless.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:49 am

fun fact
if you type my username, minu sth enumber of course into the youtube search, you can watch countless animals die alongside chanting in an alien and unfamiliar language

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:15 am

Guys, don't antagonise Enzo Endo for trying to be a reasonable person and astute logician. Last I checked those are commendable traits.

It's good to care if you can help improve things.
Unrelatedly I might be rewatching too much ReBoot at a time.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:26 am

Korban3 wrote:fun fact
if you type my username, minu sth enumber of course into the youtube search, you can watch countless animals die alongside chanting in an alien and unfamiliar language

What. The. Shit.
Endoperez wrote:https://twitter.com/TheQuinnspiracy/sta ... 2763399170

Some information that someone claimed was Zoe Quinn's personal information was proven to be incorrect. This incorrect information is blamed on her.

Guys, have I ever mentioned I'm ACTUALLY Zoe Quinn herself? Because I totally am.
And if I'm not, it's Zoe Quinn's fault, because I'm not really someone else claiming I am Zoe Quinn, I am Zoe Quinn faking very well to be someone else claiming to be Zoe Quinn.

Anita Sarkeesian also got threats that spoke about her home address, her family members, and included really violent threats. She, like Zoe, is currently away from her home because it's unsafe.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/27/f ... h-threats/

The reaction? "Oh she probably faked it, it's just her doing this to herself."

:roll:
This collective bullshit was mentioned in the Quinnspiracy , Zoe is also prodding the internet for rent money and donations are all to her Patreon (I forget if that's what it's called) among other victim like things.

For lack of a better word: She's a dick without a dick.