Live Chat

Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Anything else

Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:30 pm

WARNING: FOLLOWING WALL-OF-TEXT POST CONTAINS UNPOPULAR AND DISPUTABLE OPINIONS. ALONG WITH ZOE QUINN, PHIL FISH, ANITA SARKEESIAN AND CHILDREN AND SJWS. ALSO UNPOPULAR OPINIONS ON MOST OF THOSE. SERIOUSLY. IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND OPINIONS THEN GET THE FUCK OUT. NOW.

So, the popular (Most popular) gaming "Commentator" Pewdiepie has done it again: He disabled comments. I knew about this for a while but I never bothered to research it (Or Pewdiepie's community in general, to be perfectly honest) until today. And let it be known that I found some interesting bullshit in the comment section. Put on some unfitting classical music and get ready to read with me.

IgnorantIdiot24 wrote:You guys are just assholes to Pewds. He makes videos and you give him crap for it. :/

Hah. Oh gotta love those comments. Always trivializes things when they're under attack and exaggerates their importance when they aren't. Surprisingly, got 78 upvotes. Damn.

IgnorantTrollm8 wrote:no need comment for pewdiepie,hes awesome unlike this scum channel...

Sigh.
No.

IgnorantKid1 wrote:Wow thanks to the bitch ass haters it's all their fault why PewDiePie disabled comments thanks alot you bitch ass haters burn in hell.

I... No.

WhiteKnight17 wrote:Lots of people hate pewdiepie but lots of people love him. He's the king of youtube whether you want to admit it or not. He's doing something right. He's first place in subscribers and second place in views. If he didn't deserve it, he wouldn't have it. If his channel and content was as bad as everyone is making it seem then he wouldn't be so popular.


I felt the need to respond to this, because this one's important, I'll reference it later. But this is fucked up.

IWannaBreed34 wrote:Stupid faggots only because of these people!!!! hang those retards and set em on fire!!! Pewdiepie for ever!!!

Never. Fucking. Breed.

Well that's all I could find over the course of thirty minutes, those are actual comments, you can find them on this video.

Anyway. I want to respond to the Whit Knight comment with this:

Let's do an experiment using real world statistics and facts and experience:

Character A is a Game Developer.

Character B is our Pewdiepie equivalent.

A makes a game and posts some gameplay of it. He didn't do anything with his YouTube prior: He gets only around 2000 views and maybe 100 subs.

Pewdiepie makes a video: He gets no less than 100,000 views and probably a few more subscribers. All of which translates into direct cash along side his other his videos.

How is this fair? Why does the indie dev who has NO method of publicizing his work suffer to Pewdiepie's "Low effort, high profit" method? And worse, why does the community rush to arm itself and "Defend the walls" so to speak.

Let's start with a few answers that we all know: It's not fair and the indie dev suffers on the basis that enough fans will watch Pewdiepie's videos (And opinion doesn't matter) to guarantee he'll make money. While the dev doesn't have any fans and also can't pump games out fast enough with enough quality to make bank. That and the gaming community isn't constituted by idiots, children and both.

The community rushing to arms is what we'll discuss today, well mostly.

So this isn't about Pewdiepie, it's about his effects and his "Soldiers on the wall" A.K.A. White Knights. But not exactly like that.

SO. Get that classical music back on, get your popcorn. And put spill-able drinks away. Here we go.

IgnorantFan1 wrote:WOW howi s this guy even popular he doesnt even play minecraft wtf


IgnorantFan2 wrote:Your hilarious forget about the haters you got 30 million subscribers for a reason YOU GOT TALENT


IgnorantFan3 wrote:What is up with all the hate >.> friggin jerks all of you haters need to shut up like seriously 


IgnorantFan4 wrote:Pfft! DONT LISTEN TO THEM THEY ARE A BUNCH OF FAGGOTS! 


IgnorantFan5 wrote:to all this haters who are commenting pewd's ,you need to shut the fuck up and leave him alone, i know i hate justin bieber but hey im ignoring him and you should do the same them you hater fag's so fuck you haters....(btw pewd's if your reading this,just ingnore them , your cool)


And pretty much everything on [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzYxlKSgxh0]this video [/ur]

Pewdiepie has a driving force behind him. He can and already is ruining the video game industry. His idiots are a driving force behind ruining games, and this isn't exclusive to Pewdiepie. The Yogscast is pretty much getting paid to ruin game communities with their new YogsDiscovery bullshit. And his community will collectively take up arms and form up and fuck everyone over for calling Pewdiepie out, and trying to bring his bullshit to light. He plays games to obscure to be given a shit about, or too big to be considered the indie games that REQUIRE attention.

This is the same damn thing with Zoe Quinn or Anita Sarkeesian (I butchered your named and proud of it. Totally an MRA eh?). If one of these were to replace Pewds tomorrow, than the SJWs would fuck up gaming. The gates would open and every fucking community member of any game that doesn't give women power would be fighting a losing battle against the never ending tide of idiots, sympathizers and SJWs who are in a league of their own. Every community would be fucking crushed or demonized within months. And fuck if any game developers like Phil Fish get on their side then it gets really bad. As soon as indie devs start losing their integrity or worse, the entire scene will become a joke. And how long until Triple A companies get involved? What the fuck will happen then?

Now this is a hypothetical scenario, trying to avoid the slippery slope fallacy there. But if those idiots get larger communities, it would be fucking bad. And here are the unpopular opinions: I fucking hate Anita, Zoe you just need to stop. SJWs can fuck off and if kids stop being assholes then we can actually ignore them. And Pewdiepie and everyone who likes him is fucking ruining the gaming industry, and the Yogscast and others and fucking the Tumblr community will all fucking co-opt the industry and in the end we are fucking fucked. This is all common knowledge and you know it. So what's so new about this that warrants it's own thread?

BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY FUCKING HAPPENING.

ENTIRE FORUMS ARE BEING CLUTTERED WITH SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES WHO ARE OFFENDED BY THE SMALLEST THINGS (Plague Inc. forums are a good example) AND IDIOT FEMINISTS (Lords of the Fallen forum) AND CHILDREN (Minecraft. Just Fucking Minecraft).

And no one fucking cares. No one cares.

Now there are good forums (KSP is filled with children. It's fantastic.) that suffer from this and worse ones that don't and will continue too.

But that doesn't change shit. Pewds has power in the gaming industry. Compared to others (Like NerdCubed) who aren't just playing shit games for profit (Yogscast and Pewds). And others are too. SJWs, Anita are prime examples. Phil had power but that's gone now.

Am I saying things that are wrong and probably proven false if you scratch the surface? Probably. Am I spouting bullshit? Likely.

But tell me why, and try to convince me I'm wrong here, because I haven't gotten fresh air in years.
User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Endoperez » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:50 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
ENTIRE FORUMS ARE BEING CLUTTERED WITH SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES WHO ARE OFFENDED BY THE SMALLEST THINGS


I've noticed this. Yes, it's annoying at times. No, it's not the end of the indie games, or games.

I might write something back later, but now I have to go to work to do indie games and organize a game industry event.
User avatar
Endoperez
 
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am
Location: cold and dark and lovely Finland

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Glabbit » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:13 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: AND CHILDREN [...]

And no one fucking cares. No one cares.

I'm pretty sure this particular bit has never really been a new problem, and whilst there's plenty of people who care, there's just all too little that people dare do about it.
Especially since everyone was children at some point. Children become people. They're hard to dismiss.
User avatar
Glabbit
 
Posts: 4917
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:38 am
Location: A mile away, with your shoes!

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:23 am

Endoperez wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
ENTIRE FORUMS ARE BEING CLUTTERED WITH SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES WHO ARE OFFENDED BY THE SMALLEST THINGS


I've noticed this. Yes, it's annoying at times. No, it's not the end of the indie games, or games.

I might write something back later, but now I have to go to work to do indie games and organize a game industry event.

I wish I could do shit like that. Damn my negative drawing skillz


Anyways:

But people are ACTUALLY making changes because of these idiots. The Forest made a significant change to the female models a few weeks ago because of children from the Yogscast and SJWs from wherever they come from. Hell Special Snowflakes are close to getting things changed in Plague Inc.

What the fuck do you call the majority of games being corrupted by fear of offending someone to the point where every other game is Thomas was Alone or worse.
User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby EPR89 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:12 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:But people are ACTUALLY making changes because of these idiots. The Forest made a significant change to the female models a few weeks ago because of children from the Yogscast and SJWs from wherever they come from. Hell Special Snowflakes are close to getting things changed in Plague Inc..

I wish you would post links when you write stuff like this.
What changes were made in The Forest? What changes are going to be made in Plague Inc.? Why do you claim that they are the result of what members of certain fandoms have posted?
You know, not all changes are bad.
User avatar
EPR89
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Endoperez » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:What the fuck do you call the majority of games being corrupted by fear of offending someone to the point where every other game is Thomas was Alone or worse.


It has already happened. On Steam = pc too, not just mobile which is suffering from monetization acceptability.

gamasutra.com/view/news/217675/More_games_have_released_on_Steam_so_far_in_2014_than_all_of_last_year.php

There are about three indie or greenlight games per traditional release, I think. If about 1 third of them are artsy, there are as many Thomas Was Alones released this year than we got traditional games a few years ago.

It's fantastic! You get all the same games you would get any way, and artsy people get their games, and some casuals graduate towards middlecore games, and old grumpy 20-somethings get retro remakes and releases, and we're getting some premium games on touch already (Oceanhorn!) and we're basically living the golden era!

The tools are getting cheaper so I think indie game development might even grow until it's comparable hobby to amateyr theatre.
User avatar
Endoperez
 
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am
Location: cold and dark and lovely Finland

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:23 pm

EPR89 wrote:I wish you would post links when you write stuff like this.
What changes were made in The Forest? What changes are going to be made in Plague Inc.? Why do you claim that they are the result of what members of certain fandoms have posted?
You know, not all changes are bad.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/242760/di ... 973595103/

No changes in Plague Inc. yet, but people are still trying far to hard.
User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby EPR89 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
EPR89 wrote:I wish you would post links when you write stuff like this.
What changes were made in The Forest? What changes are going to be made in Plague Inc.? Why do you claim that they are the result of what members of certain fandoms have posted?
You know, not all changes are bad.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/242760/di ... 973595103/

No changes in Plague Inc. yet, but people are still trying far to hard.

Second post in this thread.
No, that's not true or at least only partially. The "Chocolate Syrup Girls" as I call them are new "staving" cannibals the Devs are trying out. The old females are still there, although one doesn't see them (or the males for that matter) all that much now as their addition seems to have glitched (maybe the spawning) the "regular" cannibals.

It is an additional skin.

And I have yet to see anything that suggests that this skin was added precisely because someone didn't want to see tribal boobies.
User avatar
EPR89
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Read the other posts.

Found the bald crazy ones.

My main issue is not the addition of new "types" of cannibal it's more that the skin quality is absolutely atrocious compared to the other regular types already established in the game, as Myrmuzduur [IRL] says.

Feels rushed and seems to serve no purpose except a crude modesty effect. There was a glitch when I killed one that removed the "syrup" overlay and there's a perfectly fine quality skin under it. You want a starving, blood & mud soaked feral cannibal enemy type, that's great, fine, but do it right.

I have plenty other gripes with v0.06 changes. The way all cannibals now all limply flop forward on death despite being knocked backwards when wounded is just silly. The ragdoll forward or backward should depend from which direction the final blow came from.


It's rushed. A crappy skin there because before there were endless threads about (this/that) bullshit.
User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby EPR89 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:It's rushed. A crappy skin there because before there were endless threads about (this/that) bullshit.

If there were endless threads, there was a clear demand.
If the addition of this skin was due to this (which I still see no evidence for), it would be a direct response to what the community apparently wanted.

What do I think: it was a new skin, and its addition went hand in hand with a few issues, namely the previous skins not spawning properly. It's an alpha. New features are not always perfect. You should know that by now. There's a very good chance that the game's artists will work on it and improve it over time. Am I right when I assume that the game's visual quality has changed quite a bit over the time it has been available?
I've read through the board and seen that the game's peaceful mode didn't seem to work when it was introduced. Are you going to blame the rushed implementation of this apparently long-expected feature on Pewdiepie fans as well?
User avatar
EPR89
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 pm

EPR89 wrote:If there were endless threads, there was a clear demand.
If the addition of this skin was due to this (which I still see no evidence for), it would be a direct response to what the community apparently wanted.

It's not. Those idiots who made the changes (Same with an idiot soccer mom who got Gunpoint censored) were just precious little snowflakes who couldn't let nudity exist. Hoo-fucking-ray.


I've read through the board and seen that the game's peaceful mode didn't seem to work when it was introduced. Are you going to blame the rushed implementation of this apparently long-expected feature on Pewdiepie fans as well?

I'll blame it on the filthy casuls. Who could be kids (Or people who have better things to do, but they probably wouldn't go out of their way to ruin a game by removing all the enemies), who could be Pewdiepie fans.

So no.
User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby EPR89 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
EPR89 wrote:If there were endless threads, there was a clear demand.
If the addition of this skin was due to this (which I still see no evidence for), it would be a direct response to what the community apparently wanted.

It's not. Those idiots who made the changes (Same with an idiot soccer mom who got Gunpoint censored) were just precious little snowflakes who couldn't let nudity exist. Hoo-fucking-ray.

Were there endless threads about it or not?
Make up your mind.

And the nudity is still there. it's an additional skin. A skin that doesn't even take away the nudity.

You seriously need to get rid about this you against the world mindset. It's annoying as hell and basically makes any attempt to have discussion next to impossible. Everyone who has a different opinion than you is automatically a filthy casual and obviously cannot be in line with what the "real" community thinks. Learn to consider some other opinions, even if you don't agree with them. And I mean reasonable opinions, not those caricatures, over-generalisations and stereotypes you always paint as "the others."
User avatar
EPR89
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Germany

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:28 pm

EPR89 wrote:Were there endless threads about it or not?
Make up your mind.

There were. They were just the most vocal of the opinion. I wouldn't doubt that blogs and articles on other websites ranted about this for ages. The community is firmly against it in general as well.



And the nudity is still there. it's an additional skin. A skin that doesn't even take away the nudity.

I don't see tits, that's pretty much the only criteria.

And the crazy bald ones are not only too fast to see but only come out at night (When players tuck themselves away to hide from the cannibals). You won't see them nearly as often.

You seriously need to get rid about this you against the world mindset. It's annoying as hell and basically makes any attempt to have discussion next to impossible.

This is going to be the best thing I ever read.

Everyone who has a different opinion than you is automatically a filthy casual

Don't know where you got that from. A creative mode compared to the bulk of the game is kind of a difference from the casual that would use creative mode (Not that there's a problem with that. I use creative mode on games like Minecraft all the time).

and obviously cannot be in line with what the "real" community thinks.

The forum for The Forest is the community that plays the actual game. NOT the side creative mode. The real community that discusses the actual game (Or reports bugs, obviously) won't talk about the creative mode. Since that isn't what's advertised and not what the real game is. Sorry but it's true.

Learn to consider some other opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

I do. My problems with people (Casuals, kids and elitists in some areas) are those that will run around on forums that do not need them (Like saying Dark Souls should be easier. Those casuls. Or that KSP needs to be harder). I am fine with you playing casual games. I am fine with you playing hard games. But keep it on the forums for those respective difficulty settings. Fuck.

And I mean reasonable opinions, not those caricatures, over-generalisations and stereotypes you always paint as "the others."

I don't see what you're getting at here. The supposed "Over-generalizations" aren't. Point them out if they supposedly are.
User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Endoperez » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:34 pm

This is what I got from your logic:

1) Pewdiepie has fans who defend him and earn him money
1A) Many game developers have less fans and earn less money


My answer - world isn't fair. Pewdiepie isn't doing anything wrong. He's entertaining an audience you're not part of. Well, I'm not a Beatles fan, and I'm not a fan of horror movies, and I'm not a fan of InternetAristocrat's youtube vids. How much money these people I'm not fans of is none of my business. Literally. My business is making games. Theirs is something else.

The only way for Pewdiepie's videos to hurt game developers would be if those game developers were competing for the same audience. That is, kids. If there are game developers who want to target kids through Youtube, they now have two options - doing things the traditional way, or getting Pewdiepie to check out their game so the game devs can focus on the development. OH WAIT I FORGOT, that's corruption and immoral and shouldn't be done? Maybe?

2A) Fans behave in irrational ways to defend the target of their fandom
2B) People whose opinions you disagree with might have fans
2C) Said fans might defend the people whose opinions you disagree with


Today I read an opinion-piece released by the Finnish Broadcasting Company's page where the writer explained that manmade global warning might be, basically, a rounding error caused by trying to explain observed changes through rules and getting it wrong. I thought that was very stupid. I wondered why it was allowed, thought about it a bit, and then realized that it's just an opinion I disagree with, and that's no reason for it to be removed, censored or limited. Not even if I were a scientist and knew his facts were wrong. What I'm allowed to do is to disagree, loudly and publicly, and to give a piece of my mind to those who are willing to listen.

You disagree with forum posts, when the forum post is a speck of dust, a pebble on the mountainside, a drop of fish piss in the ocean. Inconsequential.


3) There are people who disagree with you, and post in forums
4) Sometimes, people listen to what is said in a forum
5) If a developer listens to someone whose opinion you disagree with, and changes something, it's a change you disagree with and it was caused by the people you disagree with talking on forums


Ideas are dime a thousand. I have had more game ideas in my mind than I'll ever have the time to make. So have all of my friends. Even those who aren't game developers.

If a game developer can finish a game, he has learned to judge the worth of ideas. They are probably better at it than you. They might judge them by things you find inconsequential, such as if the changes will help the game sell more, but it's their judgement and it's also their livelihood, so tough luck.

6) If you could remove or silence all fans and all people who disagree with you from the internet, game developers would make less disagreeable changes.

Removing or silencing people would be censorship, which I believe you're against. So you aren't even theoretically allowed to do anything without betraying your ideals, which must be very frustrating.

Again, don't worry about it - the game developers already get more suggestion than they can ever implement just from within the development team. Creating a game is like sculpting - you start with a huge piece of hard stuff without proper form, and then you slowly start removing things until only the final sculpture remains. Every step closer to the finished product meant cutting something, removing something, taking something off. Sometimes with a hammer, or a chainsaw.
Forum posts aren't fans having a go with a hammer. It's fans posting photos of childish scribbles from their (brain) child and telling the sculptor to do something like that, because they love it. If the sculptor uses that idea at all, it's because he likes it.
User avatar
Endoperez
 
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am
Location: cold and dark and lovely Finland

Re: Pewdiepie: Community Castles Over Comment Hassles

Postby Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Endoperez wrote:1) Pewdiepie has fans who defend him and earn him money
1A) Many game developers have less fans and earn less money

1: Yes. And if they play the games he plays (And become part of the community) they can easily become nuisances in the community.
2: Yes. Through YouTube at least.

My answer - world isn't fair. Pewdiepie isn't doing anything wrong. He's entertaining an audience you're not part of. Well, I'm not a Beatles fan, and I'm not a fan of horror movies, and I'm not a fan of InternetAristocrat's youtube vids. How much money these people I'm not fans of is none of my business. Literally. My business is making games. Theirs is something else.

Except what the results of Pewdiepie's business is. Like condemning some games to be harassed by kids and trolls for time.


Th e only way for Pewdiepie's videos to hurt game developers would be if those game developers were competing for the same audience. That is, kids.

No it isn't. Quite a few kids play CoD. It has never aimed to include them.

Pewds can do similar things.



2A) Fans behave in irrational ways to defend the target of their fandom
2B) People whose opinions you disagree with might have fans
2C) Said fans might defend the people whose opinions you disagree with

1: And as long as they don't go around harassing anything (Game, movie, TV Show, etc.) that doesn't involve their fandom, I'll leave them too it.
2: And I'm okay with that. It's part of the reason I don't go around harassing feminists.
3: A mix of 2 and 3.

Today I read an opinion-piece released by the Finnish Broadcasting Company's page where the writer explained that manmade global warning might be, basically, a rounding error caused by trying to explain observed changes through rules and getting it wrong. I thought that was very stupid. I wondered why it was allowed, thought about it a bit, and then realized that it's just an opinion I disagree with, and that's no reason for it to be removed, censored or limited. Not even if I were a scientist and knew his facts were wrong. What I'm allowed to do is to disagree, loudly and publicly, and to give a piece of my mind to those who are willing to listen.

I'm not saying censor those with opposite opinions. I'm not saying censor anyone. Hell those idiots on The Forest forum can preach their puritanical bullshit for all I care. The ONLY problem that I have with it is that it's annoying and that it's getting shit changed because they are the most vocal ones in the community. Especially if it's against the dev's original vision.


3) There are people who disagree with you, and post in forums
4) Sometimes, people listen to what is said in a forum
5) If a developer listens to someone whose opinion you disagree with, and changes something, it's a change you disagree with and it was caused by the people you disagree with talking on forums

1: Yes. I'm fine with that. I'll disagree with that on the forums.
2: Then it's generally accepted by the community. And in my experience the community will disagree (Like in Project Zomboid, about respawning loot in Single Player) with anything that either wouldn't make sense in the game or would go against the dev's vision.
3: And it only happens when the person requesting the change is more vocal than those against it. The people requesting that the broken Running with Rifles damage system stay the same for example.
Ideas are dime a thousand. I have had more game ideas in my mind than I'll ever have the time to make. So have all of my friends. Even those who aren't game developers.

If a game developer can finish a game, he has learned to judge the worth of ideas. They are probably better at it than you. They might judge them by things you find inconsequential, such as if the changes will help the game sell more, but it's their judgement and it's also their livelihood, so tough luck.

So those little special snowflakes can stay around because "Well meh"?

Hahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahaha.

No.


6) If you could remove or silence all fans and all people who disagree with you from the internet, game developers would make less disagreeable changes.

That is basic logic. Not that I'm saying that they need to go, but I'm saying that the devs need to stick to what THEY want to do (Indie devs generally have a vision that they want to make. The devs of Gods Will Be Watching had to make changes to sell the game. And I sympathize with them for it.). NOT go by what the most vocal part of the community says (ESPECIALLY if they go against what the devs planned. Or are just plain idiotic [Attachments in TF2)

Removing or silencing people would be censorship, which I believe you're against. So you aren't even theoretically allowed to do anything without betraying your ideals, which must be very frustrating. [/quote]
I can argue against what they (The idiots suggesting the stupid shit) wanted to change. That's okay in my book.


Again, don't worry about it - the game developers already get more suggestion than they can ever implement just from within the development team.

What about one member dev teams? Or teams that have a set idea of what they want to do (Like Subset Games)?

Creating a game is like sculpting - you start with a huge piece of hard stuff without proper form,

Like your penis

*Canned laughter*

Forum posts aren't fans having a go with a hammer. It's fans posting photos of childish scribbles from their (brain) child and telling the sculptor to do something like that, because they love it. If the sculptor uses that idea at all, it's because he likes it.

What about those idiots who just pull an idea out of their ass and decide it should be in the game and if it isn't the game sucks?
User avatar
Phoenixwarrior141
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Next

Return to Randomness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group cron