Polygon gives Beyonetta 2 a 7.5 because of sexualization.

Anything else
Ragdollmaster

Re: Polygon gives Beyonetta 2 a 7.5 because of sexualization

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:19 pm

"So you feel that I see this as, like, an obvious sign that Subset Games is blatantly sexist and should be boycotted? That I'm making too big a deal out of this?"

I don't think you understand what that quote is actually saying. Hint: Not what you think. There's a reason Endoperez already had that quote in his comment.
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: She deserves it. Especially if she won't admit she was wrong.
>Phoenixwarrior141 wrote

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:"So you feel that I see this as, like, an obvious sign that Subset Games is blatantly sexist and should be boycotted? That I'm making too big a deal out of this?"

One of the first five comments.
I know. That is the RHETORICAL QUESTION I quoted in my post. In the post you answered with the exact same quote.
So you feel that I see this as "STATEMENT A"? That I'm "STATEMENT B"?
She is asking if the people answering to her think that her stance on the matter is Statement A, or Statement B. She didn't say that's what she thinks. She doesn't, in fact, seem to think in that way.

Hopefully this demonstrated how you were wrong.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:15 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Endoperez wrote:
Can you give a direct quote on the boycott, or the part where she accuses makers if being sexist? I can't find anything on the boycott. I only find this rhetorical question that she asks (probably because she's used to being branded like you just did...). The sexism we can argue based on her actual comment and stance.
"So you feel that I see this as, like, an obvious sign that Subset Games is blatantly sexist and should be boycotted? That I'm making too big a deal out of this?"

One of the first five comments.
She is not saying that this is her opinion. She is asking the user above her if that was the vibe he was getting from her post because this was exactly not what she was saying.

EDIT: You guys suck... I need to type faster.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Let's over analyze the post then:

She never said in that entire thread that "I don't feel like they're sexist", so it's fair to assume that that means:

"So you feel like I do? It's an obvious sign that Subset Games is being sexist and should be boycotted?"

Unless she mentioned that that's not how she felt in the thread somewhere else. Which I doubt.

I have realized that I missed the "So you feel that I see this" part of that, which is my bad, but the point still stands.

She still either accused the developer of sexism (Which in hindsight, isn't the case at all) or wants it fixed just because (Which would be a disservice to the backers).

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:58 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: She never said in that entire thread that "I don't feel like they're sexist", so it's fair to assume that that means:

"So you feel like I do? It's an obvious sign that Subset Games is being sexist and should be boycotted?"

Unless she mentioned that that's not how she felt in the thread somewhere else. Which I doubt.
There's another option as well - she has been accused of that before, and wants to know if that's also the case this time. Yes, it's a very specific question.
I have realized that I missed the "So you feel that I see this" part of that, which is my bad, but the point still stands.

She still either accused the developer of sexism (Which in hindsight, isn't the case at all) or wants it fixed just because (Which would be a disservice to the backers).
I think it's the latter - she wants it fixed because of subjective reasons. Is that wrong? Would it have been wrong if she hadn't said that changing the ratio of names wouldn't be fair? (Pg 4) ugh, that's a horrible sentence.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:She never said in that entire thread that "I don't feel like they're sexist", so it's fair to assume that that means:

It's really not. As three people just told you, your interpretation is wrong. There's not any room for debates or assumptions on it. We're not discussing Shakespeare. The meaning is very clear. Your lack of English comprehension has nothing to do with what she actually meant.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Yeah that was my bad. Sorry.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:33 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Yeah that was my bad. Sorry.
You know, even though I disagree with you a lot, I respect that you admit it when you're wrong. So few people do, and the internet (maybe the world?) would be better if more people could admit it.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:49 am

Endoperez wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Yeah that was my bad. Sorry.
You know, even though I disagree with you a lot, I respect that you admit it when you're wrong. So few people do, and the internet (maybe the world?) would be better if more people could admit it.
Word.

Could we all stop running around in circles now please?

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:28 am

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:05 pm

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:01 am

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:03 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:So...
Is this about Igda linking to an autoblocker tool on their 'tools against bullying' page?

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Essentially, but it's horrible and guilt by association kinda thing. Which is giving a few people bad vibes of SJWness (With good reason).