am i the only person here who hates mmorpgs?

Anything else

do you hate mmorpgs?

yes
57%
no
43%

Total votes: 14

Count Roland

am i the only person here who hates mmorpgs?

Post by Count Roland » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:40 pm

am i the only person here who hates mmorpgs? if not why doesn't anyone else mention anything?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:34 pm

I hate how you have to pay for them, the fact you have to be online to play them, they often cost, the PvP is renamed PaP (Player ABUSES Player), it rewards no real player development in most and you simply get rewards for being a Charily Mason, there are no real Long term consequences for your actions, its all about the Gears and the gold and not about true skill, the Stories are Linear, there are N00bz like U479 that ruin RPs with flame bait, there are easy boss, all you have to do is heal in time, and use Arcane flatulence, yea what's not to love abut the MMO? :roll:

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:56 pm

I'm Alright with Multilayer games, not mmorpg's, they cost allot and take up hundreds of megabits on you're computer.

Edit: they also takes up tons of bandwidth

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:14 pm

You see, the internets are a series of tubes, it's not just a truck that you can dump something on. So when you farm for gold for more than 5 hours, all the gold get stuck in the tubes, hindering the transportation of more important data, such as pictures of ponies and hilarious videos of cats.

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:25 pm

Zaphon wrote:You see, the internets are a series of tubes, it's not just a truck that you can dump something on. So when you farm for gold for more than 5 hours, all the gold get stuck in the tubes, hindering the transportation of more important data, such as pictures of ponies and hilarious videos of cats.
:D Funny.

Nice exclamation

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Got 2 lov dat

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:33 pm

I used to like MMORPGs, but now I hate them. I spent something like 100-200 NZ Dollars on MMORPGs (Not including WoW) that got boring after a year or two…

Oh well, I would've quit at a first glance of WoW with me playing it, probably… Clan Lord managed an incredibly good world for an MMORPG, with some very quality players and a somewhat Lugaru-ish rank system (No specific amount of levels in a skill, just a trainer message that gives you an average knowledge of it) and no "+15 Katana of Dragon's Bane" that causes immense cold damage, just a few weapons with noticeable traits, and several special weapons that take quite a bit to get. Oh, and the community is very humorous. (Super Chicken FTW! BAWK!)

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:20 pm

WTF is so wrong about MMORPGs??

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:51 pm

I LOVE MMORPGs.... they are my LIFE and I resent anybody who denies the LEETNESS and PWNAGE of WoW and RuneScape!

(this is novanoah, the nonmoderator speeking, i hate wow and runescape)
Last edited by NovaNoah on Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:04 pm

MMOs are a mixed bag for me. Part of me hates the tedium of grinding in most Korean MMOs, but part of me likes watching your character steadily grow stronger. I'm currently playing Guild Wars (nice thing about that game is no monthly fees). I actually JUST downloaded the trial for EVE online. It looks sandboxy, which is almost always a good thing for MMOs, and it looks like it's got a great community.

So, although most MMOs these days are basically exercises in addictive boredom, there are a few gems. You can't knock the whole genre.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:37 pm

I occasionally play KOL since it's free but it got tedious after a time. It was basically "Kill monsters" , "Buy Weapons" , "Kill some more monsters" , "Go on different quests that are really the same thing with different titles ( I.E "Quest: Monster Hunt", "Quest: Kill (insert # of ) of ( insert name of monster)", "Quest:(name of monster) Elimination" Most MMORPGS get really tedious because there isn't enough to do. I started playing adventure quest and quit after mah dude was dealing thousands of damage per hit. Started playing runescape and it was SO boring, i could barely get past the tutorial. Tried playing some space game called Stellar Conflicts, and i always lost my billions-of-credits-worth flagships because of noobs using EMPs or my sqaud would just suddenly dissolve. MMOS suck.

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:20 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:I occasionally play KOL since it's free but it got tedious after a time. It was basically "Kill monsters" , "Buy Weapons" , "Kill some more monsters" , "Go on different quests that are really the same thing with different titles ( I.E "Quest: Monster Hunt", "Quest: Kill (insert # of ) of ( insert name of monster)", "Quest:(name of monster) Elimination" Most MMORPGS get really tedious because there isn't enough to do. I started playing adventure quest and quit after mah dude was dealing thousands of damage per hit. Started playing runescape and it was SO boring, i could barely get past the tutorial. Tried playing some space game called Stellar Conflicts, and i always lost my billions-of-credits-worth flagships because of noobs using EMPs or my sqaud would just suddenly dissolve. MMOS suck.
Heh, sounds like a game i played called metin 2 (nice and smooth)

i played runescape too, i have a level 75 char called Poonybug, i use to be a member until i lost interest in mmorpgs.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:52 am

play Hellgate London when it comes out on Halloween

half MMO, half FPS, all fun

I've played it, I should know

Ameefmu

Post by Ameefmu » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:54 am

I swore to myself i wouldnt get involved in an MMO again.
I was horribly addicted to WOW, wasted so much money on it, but it felt good when i quit.

The one thing that would have made me stay would have been the social aspect, i made some great friends there.
Now i play Kingdom of Loathing casually, even though i am slowing down on that.
School is so demanding :D

But Warhammer Online is coming out, and im afraid im going to get involved.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:20 am

Warhammer online sounds impressive. I know that there is going to be more consequences for loosing a battle in it, witch i love the thought of. I hear you can loose your capital city as well.