Anything else
Korban3

Re: Hatred: The Game From God

Post by Korban3 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:06 am

aww yes
past-self cringe
I kno that feel

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:59 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:I think I figured out why I hate reading Phoenix's posts. Reminds me a lot of myself when I was a smartypants tween who was discovering the world of critical thinking and thought I had deep, profound, non-mainstream opinions about everything. Of course, looking back, I cringe pretty hard at any of my social media content that's 5+ years old, and I can only hope/assume you'll do the same. Oh well!
So you can't or won't argue back?

Damn, criticism deflection like a pro though. Equating all who have a different opinion to you to children is something Anita WISHES she could do.

Oh fucking well.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:59 pm

There's no point in debating higher thematic concepts with someone with poor interpretation and shaky basal knowledge. You haven't got a logical foundation to build on. More importantly, you're likely at an age where you're too stubborn to ever accept other people knowing better than you on a topic that you apparently have a very strong opinion on. Don't worry, everyone goes through that phase.

Anyways, I haven't got the time to strip your arguments, nor the desire to when I know it won't change your view, only time and maturity will.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:There's no point in debating higher thematic concepts
As in, everyone must be as progressive and artsy as you.
with someone with poor interpretation and shaky basal knowledge.
See above.
You haven't got a logical foundation to build on.
You got this from where?
More importantly, you're likely at an age where you're too stubborn to ever accept other people knowing better than you on a topic that you apparently have a very strong opinion on. Don't worry, everyone goes through that phase.
See first post. A cop-out to deflect criticism by equating your opponent to someone or thing below you. Did you teach Endo to be this pretentious?

Anyways, I haven't got the time to strip your arguments,
You did it the first time.
nor the desire to when I know it won't change your view, only time and maturity will.
Again, criticism deflection like a pro.
Last edited by Phoenixwarrior141 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm not pretentious, at least not on purpose. Proud, sure. Maybe even arrogant. However, dictionary definition of pretentious doesn't seem to fit. I'm not a native speaker though.

Any way, argumentation:

I dislike your method of analyzing each sentence separately, instead of the greater message.

I disagree with the tone Ragdollmaster used, and with the argument. However, like him I've noticed that you're not convinced by my arguments. Our views and premises seem to be too different.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Putting emotions aside, did anyone see how the guy was able to blow up a wall with a shotgun? I wonder how many structures can be destroyed and how much can be destroyed.

Also, it looks like a cool isometric shooter once you get some cops on you.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Endoperez wrote: I dislike your method of analyzing each sentence separately, instead of the greater message.
This is exactly why I can never get 50% through any post he does in that format, especially if it is in response to someone other than me.

Anyways let me get on topic here. That game looks nasty, I don't think I would ever pay for it, but I probably would play it for shits and giggles. It undoubtedly will garner negative media attention, which is a some depending on which region of the world you reside in. I do not see why you would ever call it "The Game From God" though, there are clearly much better games that could receive this title.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:42 pm

Hey, I do my best to not be a complete cynical asshole, it's just pretty tough when Phoenix is in question :roll:

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Hey, I do my best to not be a complete cynical asshole,
This made me laugh.
Retarded Username wrote:Putting emotions aside, did anyone see how the guy was able to blow up a wall with a shotgun? I wonder how many structures can be destroyed and how much can be destroyed.

Also, it looks like a cool isometric shooter once you get some cops on you.
Looks like pretty much everything within reason.

And I have to admit, this looks like something knew in the twin-stick shooter genre. This looks like a twin-stick shooter made something better.

Also, free multiplayer DLC once the game comes out.
underthedeep wrote:
This is exactly why I can never get 50% through any post he does in that format, especially if it is in response to someone other than me.
Done when I want to respond to something in particular and want to make it clear which part I'm responding to. Like here.
"The Game From God" though, there are clearly much better games that could receive this title.
I mostly call it that because it's going to piss Extra Credits off to no end. Seeing a game that doesn't have a higher message is something far to complicated for them.

In short: I like it being against games as art. I agree with what the game is trying to say.

Still, looks beautiful.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Part of me wishes they made the main character easier to identify with. I could understand the fed up nut job office slave who has just had enough, but this guy is just too "edgy".

Ever seen the movie "Rampage"? If not, you should watch it.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:38 pm

According to the game page we'll be "Exploring the antagonist's hateful mind", so we might see something of the like (relatablity?) from that.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:24 am

I think that was their decision to keep it overedged. If it was an office slave who loses his shit and kills people, that probably would be too close to reality and hard to see as a joke.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:23 pm

The only problems I see with this is:

A: System requirements.

B: Challenge.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:I think I figured out why I hate reading Phoenix's posts. Reminds me a lot of myself when I was a smartypants tween who was discovering the world of critical thinking and thought I had deep, profound, non-mainstream opinions about everything. Of course, looking back, I cringe pretty hard at any of my social media content that's 5+ years old, and I can only hope/assume you'll do the same. Oh well!
All my posts in a nutshell.

This is why I've stopped pretending to know what I'm talking about on topics like this.

*useless opinion*: Game is too edgy, if there was ever a valid argument for the "video games cause violence" thing, this game is it.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:55 pm

That self-realization is a big part of growing up, so don't sweat it :)
Game is too edgy, if there was ever a valid argument for the "video games cause violence" thing, this game is it.
Yeah, over the top or no, it plays out like a prospective shooter's fantasy. If a mentally ill person enjoys what they can do in the game, it's really not a stretch to say that it could reaffirm their desire to emulate it in real life, especially if it was something they'd already been considering.