Post by Fournine » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:54 pm

"Romantic Comedy"

Ha.

-Fournine

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:55 pm

Oh, yeah.
David- tell what's-her-name that "Audition" was a sick, twisted movie. Heh. Remember that bag-boy? Give her a thanks for that. Watching Richard squirm like that was just /classic/.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:09 am

Eh wot?

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:09 pm

Summer of 2003:
David gives me a DVD movie, entitled "Audition". We watch it in my dark dorm room with "Detroit" and "Bag Boy", consuming large amounts of popcorn while spiraling down into the insanity of the movie.

The second night, we take my roommate, a Catholic, and force him to watch the movie- even all the nasty bits. We advertise it to him as a "Romantic Comedy" - "Romance" is the start of the movie, "Comedy" because watching people squirm while seeing the ending sequence is so fun.

Watch "Audition", watch it alone or with "friends", but watch it in a dark, silent place.

-Fournine

Nemo
post whore

Post by Nemo » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:15 pm

i definetly agree. 8)

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:06 pm

That was fun 8) That movie was high quality. BTW my friend who lent me that movie is on this forum :P

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:49 pm

Which one is it? I see a few on IMDB ...

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:46 pm

Hey, hey! Friend of David who lent him that crazy movie, "Audition", send me a 'mail through the forum 'mail system, ya? Unless you want to openly admit your 'net identity.

-Fournine, of the 'net

MelodyLaughter
Feral Cat

Post by MelodyLaughter » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:48 pm

*comes out of the closet* :p

It was me! And yeah, my friend who introduced to me Audition (though I did hear it was a great film before) told me it was a romantic comedy/drama too. That made it even better!!

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:02 am

Wow. The user with the Hinata-sama portrait turns out to be the one. AND replies within 5 minutes!
Heh.

Say, you have any other movie recommendations?

I liked the movie "Avalon" that David had that summer- so much that I got my own crappy import on a Region 1 disc with messed-up subtitles. Damn, if .hack isn't based on that movie, I don't know what could be!

Anyone here see "Pi"? I'll never view the stock market, Jewish religious mathmatics, my own migraines, or power drills in the same light ever again! Freaky.

Lastly, everyone should be tied down with rope at least once to be forced into watching all 13 episodes of "Serial Experiments: Lain". Combined with the look on ecology from "Dune" and a crazy-good Biology teacher, I can never look at life and my own mind in the same light ever again- and I don't want to. What a freaking cliptomatic experience.

-Fournine

All refrences and uses of the word "cliptomatic" and its made up derivations, definitions, synonyms and antonyms are all property of the left lobe of the pre-frontal cortex in Fournine's cranium. Any appeal to learn the meaning of "cliptomatic" will be responded to with shrill laughter, mocking, and occationally a few rude gestures. To make an appeal, please insert 37 cents and 5 shillings in exact cents in a rubber envelope, and send to:

Cliptomatic? Who cares.
42 Heliphino Ct.
Xentronium, Ursa Major 22131-4173
$1,284,986.84 postage and handling.

MelodyLaughter
Feral Cat

Post by MelodyLaughter » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:43 am

Oh, I have a ton of recommendations.
My summaries kind of suck though. :p

Ichi the Killer/Koroshiya 1- Also known as one of the grossest Japanese films. By the same director as Audition, Takashi Miike. This is not for the faint of heart, at all. Just suggesting it since you liked Audition. heehee

Uzumaki - Very surreal, satirical and creative. Based on a comic by the same name.

Ring 0 Birthday- I liked this better than the first Ring movie. It's not too scary though, more drama.

Santa Sangre - Sad, gorey, creative, colourful, surreal, insaneish.

Persona (Ingmar Bergman's film)- I guess this is for those with patience. It's an amazing psychological horror film and it really disturbed me. I bet David Lynch ripped off...well got inspiration from this film for Mulholland Drive.

Jacob's Ladder - Absolutely amazing. Psychological horror. It has some amazing effects, interesting story. Don't forget to watch the deleted scenes in the DVD....can't believe there was no post-production for this film.

Dancer in the Dark - David really likes this film too. It's very sad and beautifully shot. Lars von Trier is really something.

Riget/The Kingdom - This was a Danish TV series written and directed by Lars von Trier. If you happen to like Silent Hill, you'll love this. Disturbing hospital stuff -with depth.

I heard Lain was good but I am too lazy to rent it. lol

Errm, I'll add more later or something. :)

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:17 am

Wow. Horror loving girl, eh? Seems rare to me.

As for Lain, I've got the whole thing right here on my Anime shelf. (I just happen to be the Prez. of the high school Anime Club. Figures.) If possible, something could be arranged where I subject you and David to the mind-altering acid-trip that is Lain, and anyone else brave enough to become a functionalist and neo net junkie.

-Fournine, of the 'net

MelodyLaughter
Feral Cat

Post by MelodyLaughter » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:27 am

Haha, David just said he's going to borrow Lain from a classmate.
I'm too obsessed with Naruto for the time being. :)

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:33 am

Gods, your post-to-reply time is shocking. It's almost like... like... there's a 'net junkie out there who's worse than me! *cough* Though, there are millions of people like that... my brother among them.

David you traitor! Heh. A'ight, a'ight- but I can provide free translations and cultural explainations for you people! Heh- the perks of being a happa (1/2 Japanese), having the Japanese language offered at our school, AND being the Japanese Culture Appreciation Club (Read as: Anime Club) president.
I think I'll go download more anime into my 60-70 GB collection.

-Fournine, of the 'net

MelodyLaughter
Feral Cat

Post by MelodyLaughter » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:49 pm

Oh, I speak Japanese too. :)