A very "Unique" game concept.

Anything else
invertin

A very "Unique" game concept.

Post by invertin » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:27 am

It's a basic idea for an RTS. There is only one resource (maybe more, but this is the main resource)

That resource is Awesome.

I am not kidding here. You have to collect Awesome.

No really I'm not kidding. I think this would make for good gameplay. If there is an explosion, it generates some awesome, chainsaw wielding units generate awesome over time, ninjas cost quite alot but generate huge amounts of awesome. If a robot fires a laser, you get awesome.

Of course you start off with a commander. And they're awesome in some way depending on the faction.

Hm..

Factions all are better at generating awesome in different ways- E.G chainsaw based factions use lots of chainsaws and get more awesome than normal from them. Explosive based factions use lots of explosives, etc. etc.

Sunglasses generate awesome. Depending on the type. But some people can make Pink sunglasses look awesome so it normally doesn't matter.

And I thought about what would oppose the awesome forces. So, a giant monster, that looks like a child's crayon drawing (if you could draw in 3D) and it kills people. Since being killed by a crayon monster is not very cool (and is generally designed to be humiliating and hilarious) you actually loose awesome if this kills a unit.

Of course, it woudl randomly appear and probably leave after a while, is killable and can be turned off in skirmish options.

Whoo!

It's not really fleshed out, but it's not a skeleton either. It's like I just put skin on some bones and called it a work-in-progress. I gotta put the bones together so they make sense, and then put some flesh in there.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:39 pm

It's a cool idea, but I don't like resources that aren't geographically based. To me the whole point of a strategy game is control over resources, how do you fight over resources if they're just generated by your own units? Sounds like that star wars rts..where you got points from killing things.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:51 am

Eh, I like it. Sounds like a 'Lite' RTS - or if it's not, it should be.

No offense or anything, it doesn't quite sound like a serious sort of game that you would invest hours into. But it would be fun for a quick romp - maybe half an hour or so - and then leave it, but addictive enough that you'll come back.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Are you saying I am Awesome Invertin?

Hmm...
Colicedus Prime (like Yuri Prime!)
Aka: Chainsaw Vampire Ninja with Quake Rocket Launcher Jet pack.

Health: 40000
Melee Attack power: 37331
Range Attack power: N/A
Movment: OMFGHelicopterBBQ
Awesome cost: 50000 (only one can be built)
Specal abilitys: Makes people neer him run around In Terror/like Morons, similar to the ones in the C&C RA2 Campains. Consumes people to regain health, One shots melees most Infantry in a messy orgy of violence. Jumps over Terain. One shot proff (like Cyborgs from C&C TS v1.00.0) generates 5000 Awsome from moving (due to Quake rocket launcher Jet pack witch dose 25 damage to himself every jump movment) , Awsome 400 over time (due to Idoling of chainsaw) and 500 Awsome over time for having rounded red Shades Equipt. Coming to a Total of Generating 900 over time. Pluse every time he kills a Unit with life force or blood (non mechainical, and non Golem units) he gains a 5000 Bonus for bloody messy horror violence, He can also turn sexy young girls into gothic looking vampires since he has some annoying habbit of atracting emos (not saying Emos and goths are the same thing).

Now tell me, is this one OP Son ova Bitch in need of a Major Nerf!? :twisted:
Unit sounds:
Select:
1-Let me styart my chainsaw!
2-Tasty!
3-I wana eat someones face!
4- I wana Get Phyco!
5- Mwahahah!

Move
1- Hi-ho
2- Im going
3- Whahooo!!! (jump pack sound)
4- Good bye! (Jump pack sound)

Attack
1- Yippy Ki ya motha... *crackl in interom* did you just cencor me? :evil:
2- is my bark worst than my bite? :twisted:
3- *blood curtaling howl and a cackle* :lol:

Under atttack
1- Hahaha! :lol:
2- Oh my god, you can see my vicerals, im so embarraced! :oops:
3- Whoa man, that cant be too good, my heart... :shock:

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:05 am

That was one hell of a description.

Chainsaws are just awesome in general.

Really you do earn awesome for killing in awesome ways- e.g with lasers, chainsaws, etc. but not for normal ways. Like with guns. Most awesome weapons aren't practical in real combat so..

But you can also earn awesome for dying in dramatic/awesome ways. e.g getting stabbed then stepping back a few steps and falling off a cliff in slow-motion.

Mostly awesome is only generated in combat. Mostly.

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:38 am

Sounds suspiciously like "Ego" from the Duke Nukem spin-off games.

They used Ego instead of Health. So you got Ego for killing aliens and rescuing babes - lost it for getting hit and a few other things. Kinda neat and worked quite well.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Chainsaws are cheap. Reminds me of all the kids playing GOW going "ZOMG CHAINSAW DID U SEE DAT I CUT HIM IN HALF LAWL LAWL LAWL CHAINSAW BLOOD GORE CUTTING AAAAAAAAAH LAWL". It's cool the first time you do it, then it gets kinda boring.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:29 am

I agree its a Lite RTS, but fun, never the less.
Hey Invertin, do you have any ideas for units? I just shared mine...

Edit: Oh yea, heres another Unit.

Spartan

Class: Ninja Tank Infantry
Built in: Barricks (can only be built if you have Hurculies as a Comander)
Close Combat Attack power: Avrage (bonuse against persains and Diplomats)
Range Attack: N/A
Movment: avrage
Awsome cost: 300

Abilitys: Can use a Defencive "pit of doom" to kick insulting or annoying people who being about them Slavery and death. Blasphemy and madness make them Imune to panic. Can also bring bonuses to other unints with there two abilitys "Summon banquit" letting all infantry dine in hell, increasing there luck for health and when near a Pit of doom, can use the ability "War Cry" making sure everyone knows who they are fighting for (Sparta) increaseing attack power by 300

Armored Spartans
Aka: Master Chef

Class: Over armored Novilty condom
Close Combat attack power: meh...
Range Attack poiwer: Avrage
movment: 300%
Awsome Upgrade Cost: 300

Abilitys:
A shity meat sheild unit. Effective at range, but can also run around at annoying fast speeds and can shoot shitty guns. Ocasonaly can blind people, gaining the Awsome bonus for blinding people to death with his polished armor. Master Chef is also a Cheif so he can make meals, similar to the Summon banquit like Spartans, but can also moke the defenceive Sub way cannon. once equpt can be used to regain health, or as an anti Shoop da whoop cannon.

Lazer Charges
Aka: Guys who can shoop da whoop!

Class: Anti Troop Cannon
Close combat attack power: meh
Range attack power: Squish, pwnd, tea bagged! lolz
movment: avrage
Awsome cost: 500

Abilitys:
Lazer chargers walk into the battle feild and just make the statment "im Charging up my lazer" and own all non-uber infantry. Only weapon that can show some good agaisnt them during attacks is the Subway missle and yellow submarine missles.

Pit of Doom
Aka: a six foot deep hole that kills people

Class: Defencive building.
Awsome cost: 100
Ability: Since peiople have absoulute faith in there comanders and have poor path finder skills, they end up walking right over these. When combined with Spartans, the Spartans jump about kicking people into them gainsing a 300 awsome bonus.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 am

Lol, random, but almost awesome.

Sirosuly, if tehy wuz Fleshd out moar, tehy wood Be almsot kool.

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:27 am

Hm.. A backstory...

IT'S A STORY DRAFT-

Certain things generate some kind of energy, named Awic energy. Awic energy is not visible to the human eye, but makes humans react oddly to the act that generated it. Normally resulting in- "THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!".

Recently, scientists have discovered a way to locate and contain this energy, which can then be used as a form of power. A small amount of awic energy can power what would normally take a lot of electricity to power. Awic energy batteries became commonplace after the government opened ninja academies all over the world.

Of course, Ninjas are becoming a large cliche in the world since there are so many of them, which seems to affect how much awic energy they can generate. Getting rid of the Ninjas was much harder than first thought, since they just dissapeared in a cloud of smoke or single handidly killed all the agents chasing after them. While this did provide a sudden burst of awic energy for the government, it meant they had no source of energy and had to rely on what they still had.

Soon, there was no source of awic energy, lasers were too dangerous and explosions had to be prepared, which lessened the amount of awic energy significantly. The government tried blowing up random useless rocks in space, but the awic energy never made it to earth.

In the end, the other nations began fighting amongst eachother for the remaining awic energy, once they realized the combat created this energy, the conflict simply increased.

And of course, the Ninjas had to intervene...

Whoo! A whole backstory! And all of it was improvised!

I'm really good at improvising!

Now then..

Armies-

Ninjas- Ninjas have stealthy moves and ninja vanish tactics, but they cannot generate awesome without using special moves, due to them being cliches.

Pirates- Pirates are strong and fast, but can only generate awesome with naval units and pirate captains.

Erm..

Robot empire- 10101000101011100101. ROBOTS FREAKING ROCK. They have the most powerful ranged weaponry, but are incredibly slow. They cannot generate much awesome outside of combat, their main source is the lasers they use.

Martians- SERIOUS CLICHE. Generate NO awesome outside of combat. Even buildings are awesome-less. Parasite units generate awesome when they infect a being and start spreading the disease.

Needs moar normal humans I think.. But this is just me making stuff up as I go along.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:04 pm

I like the back story, it's so ironic :)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm

GET YOURSELF TOGETHER
GET YOURSELF TOGETHER
SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE

And of course the ninjas had to intervene. What's a backstory without ninjas?

Question though. Where are all the bears?

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:28 pm

I think this could actualy get somewhere... we need a programer...

(looks at David)

... anyway, Here are my faction ideas with list of comanders.

Cultist's: Evil cults have forseen the coming of this new sorce of energy, and long since seen the day of its potentual of there rise to power. Cultists use lots of Naked fanatics, Vmapires, and Maniacs (warriors with chainsaws once they build a wonder Equivilent, can create the Colicdus Prime.

Comanders: Vampire, Reverand, Daemond.
WMD: Demonic Storm, Demonic summon (makes Evil deitys apear)

The UN (the Robots Faction): The last of the old world governemnt, after many of Ninja Attacks, and the Cultist Uprising, not to mention the Martans coming to eath to take all the Awsome, and eat all the humans withthere GE Deseased, the UN Wages war to Generate Awsome, and protect the last of there people. they usualy use Robots and Mecha to fight, but ocasonaly use troopers.

Comanders: Mecha man, Uber Haxor, Air Craft Carryer
WMD: Nukes, Laugher in a can (Monty pithon referance: the worlds most funnyest joke, so funny, that if you hear it, you will die of laughter)

The United Power companys (the ninjas): The Nijas were the old UPC, after the UN tryed to silence them, they started to wage a defencive war to protect there clicheic ways. They stick to using stealth, but have also got samurai wanabes, and angery girls in skimpy school girl outfits with disprponat heads.

comanders: Monk, the Last Samurai, and Yuri (please, dont ask, its a joke aimed at Hentai, if you should figure that out the full joke, youll never see C&C RA2 the same way ever again)
WMD: Shuriken bomb, A Sumos Banquit (turns a troop into a 10ft tall, Farting Sumo Ninja for 10 minutes but will explode after that timer, making a big sea of endtrails that can crush or drownd people, if killed before the timer, the corps will explode after the timer doing a Radioactive effect)

Red's Plaint (Martains): During the Cold war, the Soviets sent a space ship to mars, and created an army that could whipe out the Capatalists after the final conflict, however, the cold war just passed, however, the Soveits on mars do not know the war is over. Also, the Aliens on mars, have noticed the sorce of Awsome generated from earth, its absoulutly reduiculus, and they want it. the Soveits and and Martans have breed to gether, eat together, and done other things together that they are nearly one race, but polticly two. Finaly Mars Attacks. it attacks with Conscripts, Kafufu's and Sausers (similar to Mars attacks)

Comanders: Cathulu, Red Dwarf, Little Green man.
WMD: Ground Zero, Mass Brain numbage (makes a Zombi outbreak)

Sumglers (Pirates): Evil doers have been around for years, no acseption here. These people Steal Awsome batterys from Freiters, or from the shelvs. They emply Pirates, Terrorists and Mafias. They are one of the only factions that can make sea based bases. They Use this opertunity to use this awsome for there owen illegal uses, sutch as using it to create combat Drugs.

Comanders: Baracosama, Godfather, Captan
WMD: Atomic Bong (when launched, makes a cloud of Awsome gas leak everywhere, making everyone high.), unacounted Nuke

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:Colicdus Prime.
No.
And at least spell your own name right. :P

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Dam, this stupid E key. I have to really Slam this kebord to get it working. this is a Keybord that Angery German Kid must Invest in as it needs his abuse to work... :oops: