Best/Worst game endings

Anything else
Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Well first of all, that's a genre...
Fine. Allow me to retool my example:

If someone didn't like sword & sorcery fantasy, would you call them dumb if they said they weren't interested in the Dragon Age games?
Renegade_Turner wrote:...and I'm pretty sure you like roleplaying games.
I like aspects of them. I appreciate the emphasis on story, setting and characters. The stat-based combat, inventory juggling and number crunching... not so much. I struggle to see the attraction of a game in which fights can be won with literally zero input from the player.

Generally speaking, I tend to prefer action-RPGs. Immediacy of gameplay combined with story, characters etc.
Renegade_Turner wrote:If you can't look at the story of Knights Of The Old Republic without looking past the bit to do with the force then there's something severely lacking within you in terms of appreciation of stories. It's set in the Star Wars universe, but it is nevertheless a great story.
The Star Wars setting is pretty hard to overlook. It permeates every bit of the game.

Consequently, the whole thing smells slightly of nerd bait. This is a game in which you (a) fly around in the Not-Millenium Falcon, (b) get your own Wookie buddy, (c) get a little robot who speaks in beeps and boops, (d) dance with a Twileck (sp?) chick and (e) become a Jedi. Also, I'm pretty sure the game lets you seduce at least one of the Jedi ladies.

That said, the story, combined with a stubborn reluctance to leave things unfinished, is the only thing keeping me going. Because it sure as hell isn't the gameplay.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Best/Worst game endings

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Okay.

Revnant666

Post by Revnant666 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 am

so in just cause 2 you blow up some fat creepy migdet gay asian guy who somehow survies then you shoot him 200 times so you start talking to him while he is sitting in a chair right after you shot him 200 times. then he launches 4 missles and starts to right them. so then while riding them you have to defuse them all and kill him. then after you have a barbecue.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:58 am

Just Cause 2 is one of those rare games where all the elements in the game come together and make you push everything wrong with the gameplay to the back of your mind and you just enjoy the craziness.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:41 am

I occasionally try and convince myself that Just Cause 2 was a good game. Y'know, good ol' silly fun with explosions and such.

But then my mind is instantly flooded with the hellish echoes of an unforgettable sound. It goes something ike this:

"Thaaanks fer flyin' air Sheldaan! Yeeeheeeheee! I ahm Bolo Santozee, leedhur of the Reephurs.."

That's when I find something else to think about.

Kermit

Post by Kermit » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:28 am

Fighting Cyber-Errol in Jak 3 was the most epic boss fight ever. The worst boss fight ever was the mother egg in all of the robot chicken games. Same fucking thing everytime. :D