Best/Worst game endings

Anything else
nerodx
confused couch potato

Re: Best/Worst game endings

Post by nerodx » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:38 pm

I wish they went more into depth with the reaction of the characters in Oblivion, especially in regard to the ending. All anyone in the world says is, "Hey, you're that dude who helped the Emperor kill what is essentially Satan. Neato! Wow, and your the head of the Mage's guild, Thieve's guild, and the Dark Brotherhood? That's pretty cool I guess. Unfortunately for you, I am an incredibly powerful bandit who will kill you if you don't give me 15 gold! Mwahaha!" If I am the biggest, walking, talking, nigh invincible bad ass in the game, a little recognition would be nice... also bandits showing up and murdering my horses pisses me off.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:13 pm

nerodx wrote:...also bandits showing up and murdering my horses pisses me off.
YEAH. Those cheeky CUNTS.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Warning spoilers incoming about Oblivion's ending: Despite the nice animation at the end, Oblivion's story was pretty weak. The main 'villain' isn't even really that bad a guy, just someone who has had what was rightfully his taken away. A bit of a shock to find out that the entire Earth in TES4 is really a plane of Oblivion that's been spruced up and turned nice, and also that the Nine Divines are really Nine Sunnvabitches who've stolen power :| But despite the fact that he's not so bad, he acts like a sadist when you meet him and drones on and on about what he'll do. Not WHY, just WHAT, which is weak! In Morrowind you practically have a debate with the end boss and you even have a chance to join sides with him, to see his reasoning; I was disappointed by the fact that a game with so much freedom and choice forced you to fight this bad guy. Hell, how cool would have it been to helped him out in fighting the Emperor's dragon form? I'd love to have had the chance to become a Daedra- wander around Cyrodil slaughtering guards and murdering citizens, dragging the corpses through Oblivion gates to feed to my demonic minions (after I eat all the best parts, of course) Ahh, would that be nice. After I've killed every man, woman, child, and reptile/feline/orc in the game I'll start going after the monsters, probably animals like the wolves and bears first. The deer would no doubt be funnest to hunt, those scurrying little bastards.

...where was I? Oh yeah, storyline needed more choice, felt too restrictive, forced, and ultimately cliche.

ALSO: Lol, you faegs used regular horses? Do the Dark Brotherhood questline and you get an immortal horse called Shadowmere. She's also a bit of a masochist, she'll stand still as you whack her with fists/weapons (which can be useful for grinding up your skills).

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:27 pm

mass effect 2 oh my donkey raping child molesting...grawwwwwww!!!!

best ending i think i have ever seen

biggest twist they could possibly have put in for the reapers

and i nearly cried at the beginning

thats how awesome it is!

p.s. please nobody comment on it if you know what happens

i dont want to ruin it for those of it who havent finished it yet and stumbled across this page

im looking at you in particular Ren

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:37 pm

I predict an argument.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:55 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:im looking at you in particular Ren
How are we supposed to talk about how good an ending is if we can't talk about what happens at the end? If someone is going to read and thread titled "Best/Worst Game Endings" and then cry and go "YOU RUINED THE ENDING!" then I'm sorry, but that's just DUMB. No shit, Sherlock, the endings thread talks about endings! :o

Anyway, I didn't play Mass Effect 2. Too busy playing Modern Warfare 2. Oh god I love tactical insertions.

Also, the game I talked about, Fable 2, came out about a year and a half ago. There wasn't much to ruin, the end was shit!

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:43 pm

you commented on the end of fable 2?...

well waddaya know. didnt have much time so i didnt see all of the pages

anyway
Renegade_Turner wrote:If someone is going to read and thread titled "Best/Worst Game Endings" and then cry and go "YOU RUINED THE ENDING!"
there is some people in this world who would be just dumb enough to do just that

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:24 pm

I actually hated the ending for Arkam Asylum. Building up the story only to drop a henchmen fest in at the end kind of killed it for me. It wasn't as bad as Poison Ivy, but as far as end of game designs go it was pretty boring.

I liked the ending to KoToRII, when you found out you were Revan, that was pretty awesome, but then it felt a bit like an extension of the Baldur's Gate reveal, where you found out you were the son of the god of chaos. Then, at the end of the sequels expansion, you could become the next god of chaos!

Man... Baldur's Gate is awesome.
Minsc wrote:Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes, rraassskk!!!

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Borderlands was another example like Fable 2 or Oblivion. Fucking brilliant game all the way through and then you get to the end and it's like "...oh."
Fable 2 = not a brilliant game all the way through.
Fable 2 = almost a brilliant game, at some point in it, but only if you buy the collectors edition and don't pay out of your ass for DLC that brought the length of the game up to that of the original Fable. Without lost chapters.

Honestly, it felt like they were pulling their best ideas for the moola raking DLC.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Uberbeard wrote: Fable 2 = not a brilliant game all the way through.
Fable 2 = almost a brilliant game.
...what?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Uberbeard wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Borderlands was another example like Fable 2 or Oblivion. Fucking brilliant game all the way through and then you get to the end and it's like "...oh."
Fable 2 = not a brilliant game all the way through.
Fable 2 = almost a brilliant game, at some point in it, but only if you buy the collectors edition and don't pay out of your ass for DLC that brought the length of the game up to that of the original Fable. Without lost chapters.

Honestly, it felt like they were pulling their best ideas for the moola raking DLC.
Not even close. Fable 2 was the most half-baked excuse of an "improved sequel" I've ever seen. One of my favorite parts of the first one was shooting people's heads off and watching them spin around on the severed neck before the whole body fell to the ground.

I couldn't do that in Fable 2.

Not to mention, it felt like a blatant rip-off of it's own prequel! Why does everything have to do with your sister?!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:31 pm

It focused on your sister for about a half an hour of a 20 hour long game.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 am

Blorx wrote: Why does everything have to do with your sister?!
Renegade_Turner wrote:It focused on your sister for about a half an hour of a 20 hour long game.
Man, you guys have been talking about your sister three and a half hours.

cameleopard42

Post by cameleopard42 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:03 pm

When you finally beat the Sims, the ending is epic. I mean, it's just beyond words, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 pm

cameleopard42 wrote:When you finally beat the Sims, the ending is epic. I mean, it's just beyond words, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone.
The Sims ends?! I thought it just went into some time vortex and forced you to play forever! I mean, sheesh, it was designed by Will Wright. =P