Quotes

Anything else
Lotus Wolf

Re: Quotes

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:08 am

Its not what your country can do for you... Its what you can do for your country.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:26 am

I SAW THAT! - God. LMAO just had to... :D

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:48 am

Drill instructor, Name is Unknowen: "There are only TWO kinda Sarge's in the Army! A MassSARGE and a sausSAGE! and if you combine the two, you get a wank, ARE YOU CALLING ME A WANKER PRIVATE?!!!" :evil:

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:00 am

Quotes from François-Marie Arouet, better known as Voltaire:

"When it is a question of money, everybody is of the same religion."

"If you see a Swiss banker jumping out of a window, follow him, there is sure to be 10% profit in it."

"If God has made us in his image, we have returned him the favor."

"It is said that God is always on the side of the big battalions."

"I decided to be happy, it is excellent for one's health."

"God created sex. Priests created marriage."

This one only makes sense in context:
When Voltaire was on his deathbed the local priest came to perform his last rites. When the priest asked him to renounce the works of the devil, Voltaire responded, "My dear fellow, now is no time to be making new enemies."

That was one guy who knew his way round a good quip.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:44 pm

Those are all awesome!

What do we know about the beyond? do we know whats behind the beyond? I'm afraid some of us hardly know what's beyond the behind... - Brother Theodor

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:48 am

The only difference between truth and lies, is ignorance.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:30 am

" You know what they say... it may be a needle.. but hey baby.. it moves like a sewing machine"
:o

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:02 am

Ferris Bueller wrote: life moves fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while. you're going to miss it.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:32 am

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Ferris Bueller wrote: life moves fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while. you're going to miss it.
One of the most epic quotes ever, on my list.

Together with:
Gandhi wrote:I like your Christ.
I do not like your Christians.
They are so unlike your Christ.

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:44 am

Look. Rhinos! RHINOS!

Our enemies hide in METAL BAWKSES! THE COWARDS! THE FOOLS!!

We...

..Shall take away their, metal bawkses...

- Firaeveus Carron

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 am

Some quotes from my favourite spoken word poets:

"Jordan tattoos the words "forgive me" in thick black letters down the inside of his arm so that when he looks at his wrist he will remember not to hate himself so much. What he keeps forgetting is that there is life after survival."
Buddy Wakefield, "Human The Death Dance"

"But my father he didn’t read moon, he didn’t speak moon, and he didn’t write moon. So there was no letter found next to his body in the garage when he chose to leave this place on purpose without saying where he was goin’ or why. There are still days you can catch me tape-recording eternal silence and playing it backwards for an empty room just so I can listen to his dying wish. Shh."
Buddy Wakefield, "Human The Death Dance"

"Dear Angry Older People, over 21-ish, anyone who considers themselves an adult, still bitter: Next time you're wondering what's wrong with kids today, you might wanna check the examples you've been giving us to work with."
Buddy Wakefield, "Older People"

""Friendly fire" is a funny term, kinda like "civil war"."
Sage Francis, "Slow Down Gandhi"

"I don't want my long hair, pretty green eyes with ( no! I do not have on mascara. ) eyelashes, skinny figure, undersized t-shirt, hips shake too much when I walk, confuse anybody. I am a manly man.

Within this sissy frame, obviously rib laden chest lies a heart that beats to the drum of a native American ritual dancing wildness. It pumps an ever cascading supply of untamedness that a herd of wild mustangs have yet to grasp. If danger lurks about, I will seek it out. If adventure abounds, there I will be found. If a damsel be in distress, I will show her who is best. I am a manly man.

Because I don't flush, and I leave the lid up.

I drive a 1988 Ford pick-up truck. Girls don't break up with me, I break up with them first, except the last time it didn't really work out like that. I don't shave the hair on my face...because I still can't grow facial hair yet, but when I can, I won't, because beards are tough.

I fart, burp, and spit when I want, not caring who's nearby. Disrespect my momma, and I will punch you in the EYE. I am a manly man.

Or am I? I tell my guy friends that I love 'em. And sometimes, sometimes I even hug 'em. Not because I'm gay, I just I love 'em. And when I watched Bambi, I cried. And when my momma gets mad, I still run and hide.

Like David, I wanna be a man after God's own heart. And I'm not there yet, but I'm past the start. And when people talk, I try to listen. A spirit of compassion, that's my vision. Surely I am a manly man. I want to be loved and have love and give love.

And not just that romantic kind either. Although I am looking for that beauty. Not helpless, but wants to be rescued. The damsel in distress, man, woman, myth, true. I will fight for her, climb the highest tower for her, love her, share with her, delight in her, be her warrior, her protector. She will be my crown and I will be hers. My masculinity will be passed down and affirmed to my sons, and each of my daughters will know they are lovely, and deserving of authentic romance.

Society tells me all day long that I've defined manhood completely wrong, but you ask any honest man, and he will agree, you ask any honest woman, and she too will see that...I am a manly man."
Bradley Hathaway, "Manly Man"

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:42 pm

simondeansmilk...Stop calling me a homo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xddhKQje ... re=related you gotta see it XD

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Is this reality? Or is an illusion...? - Scott Sutherland

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:24 am

The meaning of life, the universe and everything is... ...forty-two. - Deep Thought

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:12 pm

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
- Dennis Wholey