Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
dukes

Re: Preorder Overgrowth!

Post by dukes » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Already did

xGazzer

Post by xGazzer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:01 am

Hi. I just pre-ordered overgrowth and I'm having some problems.

1) How do I use the bittorrent? Do I need a special program??

2) I tried using the normal version but when I click on Overgwoth.exe in the WinZip file of the game it says I'm missing FreeImage.dll, so I looked around in the WinZip file and saw found it, but for some reason it still says it's missing from my computer!! So I can't play it :( I also tried looking at what OvergrowthWorker.exe is and it does the same thing! I then checked with Awesinium.exe is and it says Awesinium.dll is missing from my computer?! WHY?!?!?!?!

How do I fix this, please tell me :(

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:35 am

xGazzer wrote:Hi. I just pre-ordered overgrowth and I'm having some problems.

1) How do I use the bittorrent? Do I need a special program??

2) I tried using the normal version but when I click on Overgwoth.exe in the WinZip file of the game it says I'm missing FreeImage.dll, so I looked around in the WinZip file and saw found it, but for some reason it still says it's missing from my computer!! So I can't play it :( I also tried looking at what OvergrowthWorker.exe is and it does the same thing! I then checked with Awesinium.exe is and it says Awesinium.dll is missing from my computer?! WHY?!?!?!?!

How do I fix this, please tell me :(
1) Yeah, you need a special torrent software. But I guess you already managed to download the game from question 2 so I won't link any.

2) You need to extract all files and folders from the winzip archive to another folder. Look at the "winzip file" as a closed bag where you can only retireve one item at a time. You basicly need to pour everything out on the floor so that the game can access everything at once. To do this, simply drag everything from the winzip archive to another folder. For example, you could create a folder on your desktop called Overgrowth, then drag and drop everything in there.

Derzsahvy

Post by Derzsahvy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:31 am

I absolutely want to buy this game. But when i buy it do i get a steam code? or do i get a download from the website.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:42 am

Derzsahvy wrote:I absolutely want to buy this game. But when i buy it do i get a steam code? or do i get a download from the website.
The game is not yet on Steam.
Once you preorder the game you will get an email with all the information on how you can download the game for the first time.
This email will also enable you to verify your account for the Secret Preorder Forum, which gives you a few additional options.

last

Post by last » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Derzsahvy wrote:I absolutely want to buy this game. But when i buy it do i get a steam code? or do i get a download from the website.
Once the game is available trough steam you will receive steam code also.

Abomination121

Post by Abomination121 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:58 am

This game is so fun :P can't wait to see what it's like when completed

IntelegentFool

Post by IntelegentFool » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:48 am

Wait, do I have to preorder again or am I good?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:50 am

IntelegentFool wrote:Wait, do I have to preorder again or am I good?
You're good.

firefang360

Post by firefang360 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:49 pm

I pre-ordered before I made this account, so how am I supposed to access the secret pre-order forum thingy. :(

last

Post by last » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:53 pm

firefang360 wrote:I pre-ordered before I made this account, so how am I supposed to access the secret pre-order forum thingy. :(
This tutorial should help you.

gunslinger

Post by gunslinger » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:54 pm

I cant open the zip file of the game :( can any body help me

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:36 am

gunslinger wrote:I cant open the zip file of the game :( can any body help me
Do you have 7zip or Winrar or some other program which would allow you to do this?

Greenferno

Post by Greenferno » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 pm

For some reason, I can't open the Overgrowth ZIP file with 7Zip or Winrar. They give error messages such as "Could not open as archive" or "can not open file". This goes for both the BitTorrent and Browser downloads.
Any advice?

Dreamfox

Post by Dreamfox » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:58 am

I'm having the same issue as the poster just before me. On-top of that, in my hurry to get everything working, I accidentally assigned my secret preorder key to someone else account so I can't access it and there doesn't seem to be any way for me to rectify that. :/

I also noticed that the last post here was made about a week ago. Do any moderators still check this forum? I could really do with some assistance. Cheers in advance.