Preorder Overgrowth!

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
GaGrin

Re: Preorder Overgrowth!

Post by GaGrin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Well I finally learned how much my Soul is worth. At least conversion rate is sorta in my favour (£18 at the time of purchase).

misterstone

Post by misterstone » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Not to sound snarky, but it's kind of hard to know if I should pre-order if I don't even know the minimum specs for the game. Can you give us at least a ballpark set of specs? I have a pretty crappy machine (about 5 years old) that runs Lugaru OK, but who knows what the requirements for OG will be with all the fancy schmancy physics features that are going in. Strike me dead if this info is already available somewhere.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:07 pm

It is going to fall somewhere between Lugaru 1 and Crysis. We can't give exact specs yet, because we don't even know ourselves as the game evolves every day.

A five year old computer sounds pretty, well, old and I don't want to trick you into buying a game that won't run on your computer. Keep in mind that Overgrowth will still be around when you upgrade your computer, so if you'd like to support the team early, go ahead and preorder now.

Derakon

Post by Derakon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:55 pm

My question is what systems people making preorders should have. Are you developing on all systems simultaneously or what? Obviously this affects how valuable access to the beta is -- early access isn't much good if you can't run the program.

I'm on OSX myself, though I also have a Linux box available.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:09 am

We are developing simultaneously on Mac OS X and Windows. Linux support is handled by Ryan Gordon.

There is one important feature announced in SPF that does not quite work on Mac OS X yet - but it is not critical to gameplay.

Derakon

Post by Derakon » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:57 am

Okay, secondary question -- for those of us who don't want to create Paypal accounts, is there some other way to preorder? An address we could send checks to or something?

Edit: looks like the answer is "yes", though understandably Jeff doesn't want to share his address publicly. Thanks, Jeff! You can expect a check in the mail soon. :)

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:55 pm

I don't have a PayPal account. I just used my debit card =P

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 am

misterstone wrote:Not to sound snarky, but it's kind of hard to know if I should pre-order if I don't even know the minimum specs for the game. Can you give us at least a ballpark set of specs? I have a pretty crappy machine (about 5 years old) that runs Lugaru OK, but who knows what the requirements for OG will be with all the fancy schmancy physics features that are going in. Strike me dead if this info is already available somewhere.

i posted about this on the SPF. i was afraid that i pre-ordered without even knowing if i could even play the game cause my comp is not all up to date even though lugaru played fine, OG just looked to advanced for my computers comprehension. but david told me that the game will be able to lower the graphics down if u want so as to make the game run smoother on ur lame-o comp.
heres what he said exactly.
"I am going to try and make it scale nicely to different levels of hardware, so you should be able to turn off the snazzy graphics features if necessary."-David (the holy ghost)

(im just giving u his quote because he just has a ways with words that explains this dilemma of ours better than i can. david is so amazing)

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:35 pm

Yesh.

Garret

Post by Garret » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:56 am

I have preordered before i had a forum account, so, how do I get access zu the secred preorder forum?

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:08 pm

ur posting in it right now

Garret

Post by Garret » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 pm

uhm... no?
when i click the "Secret Preorder Forum" it says "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:31 pm

i guess u spelled ur user name wrong or something

Garret

Post by Garret » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:55 pm

like i sayed.... i preordered BEFORE i creaded this account.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Try now!