Who uses Cheat Engine?

Anything else
Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Who uses Cheat Engine?

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:10 pm

I got this a while ago and have become proficient at hacking basic values in flash games and some pc single player games...
values like health, and ammo and money. But they are easy to do.
I was wondering if anyone used this program to achieve more advanced goals, or if Cheat engine is infact a noob program and you write your own programs alltogether.
Its becoming a little hobby of mine, finding a game and seeing how much I can cheat.
I dont know how to work multiplayer games, I think that is a bit more advanced.

http://www.cheatengine.org/download.php

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Re: Who uses Cheat Engine?

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:47 am

Eww, winblows.

Use The Cheat instead.

You can only use memory hacking tools on the client-side values of online games, which are usually purely graphical displays. You could hack your HP in Tremulous, for instance, but you'd still die as if it hadn't changed because to the server, it hasn't changed.

You used to be able to get god-mode in Sauerbraten by setting your HP to 9999 every few seconds or on some of the more advanced winblows ones, just freeze that value so it can't change at all. Now that HP is server-side, you can only cheat for ammo. I think ammo is server-side too, but actually shooting a weapon is client-side, so it works. Or it should. I've been able to shoot weapons like this, but I'm not sure if they actually do damage or appear to anyone else.

Cmyszka

Re: Who uses Cheat Engine?

Post by Cmyszka » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:29 pm

[completely unhelpful] http://www.homestarrunner.com/500cheats.html [/completely unhelpful]