Ramble I must and ramble I will.

Anything else
invertin

Re: Ramble I must and ramble I will.

Post by invertin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:29 pm

invertin wrote:Of course, the relative peace was not to last. Because that wouldn't be very awesome.
DUNDUN DUN DADUN

DUNDUN DUN DADUN

DUNDUN DUN DADUN

DUNDUN DUN DADUN

/terminatormusic

Alright so Boom is defending his temple.

Things have been so peaceful lately that Boom isn't wearing his helmet today. His bright orange hair doesn't even move in the wind in the slightest, why? Because the hair on his head is a Mohawk sharp enough to cut through diamond, and the hair on his face is a beard. Like, an AWESOME beard. If he had any, he'd wear sunglasses, but he doesn't.

When suddenly, the entire temple hears a strange humming noise. Like a ZZZZ noise, it was hard to describe. Then a single thunderous roar. Boom ran to the forcefield gate (again, awesome) and looked outside. All he saw was a black and yellow blur covering the entire horizon, moving towards them.

He pulled out a pair of binoculars and looked through them. A lesser man would have melted in fear, but Boom didn't even flinch. He slowly lowered his binoculars, muttered something to himself, then turned around and yelled as loudly as he could...

"BEARBEEEES!"

The wall of Bearbees continued to approach with the ominous hum getting louder as Boom ran into his workshop and locked the door. People tried to defeat the Bearbees from a distance, but, unfortunately, all of their weapons were designed to be awesome, and awesome battles are close and personal. They continued approaching and the Grengoists kept trying to slow them down, but every one that died was replaced by another and Boom was still locked in the workshop.

"By the Nagas, we're Doomed!"

Boom's workshop door exploded open. Boom walked out, a much larger weapon on his shoulder.

"...No. They are."

He ran to the walls, raising the weapon. It was twice as large as he was, but he was just awesome enough to carry it. It looked like a military-grade missile launcher, the type normally fitted onto the back of vehicles, but it had a handle, and a trigger... And a pump handle. Boom held the weapon up for all to see, aiming it down at the Bearbees that, at this distance, you could individually count.

"You want some of BOOM!? JUST TRY AND GET CLOSE ENOUGH!"

Boom fired his weapon, revealing the pure spectacular awesomeness that fired from the front.

It was indeed a modified version of the military grade-missile launchers found on vehicles. The difference was that, instead of loading it with missiles, Boom loaded his with shotgun shells. Shotgun shells large enough that, instead of containing bullets, they contained missiles.

Nobody asked any of the thousands of questions that were raised by such a contraption working, they were too busy staring in awe at the sight of Boom firing a shotgun that shoots missiles at an army of bearbees.

Boom leaped into the air at the bearbees, slinging the shotgun onto his back and pulling out two shells from his backpack, throwing one at a bearbee and letting the missiles detonate on impact, and loading the other into the shotgun on his back while kicking a bearbee in the face. While falling to the ground, he aimed upwards and fired another shot, destroying hundreds of the bearbees.

He threw another two shotgun shells in the air, one higher than the other, he held his shotgun in one hand and his revolver in the other. While he shot the bearbees down with his revolver, a shell fell from the air and landed perfectly in the shotgun, which he aimed upwards at the bearbees and fired again. He lowered the shotgun again, just in time for the other shell to land in it. He fired again. He put his revolver away, pulling out his mace and jumping high into the air again, landing on the back of a bearbee. He reloaded his shotgun while wrestling the bearbee in the air before finally shoving some rope in it's mouth and...

...Let me seperate this from the rest of the story in it's own paragraph just to express how awesome this is.

AWESOME

A caveman knight templar pirate who's biological father is literally pure awesome and invented both fire and the explosion started riding on the back of a bearbee while shooting other bearbees with a shotgun that fires missiles and using the bearbees body shape to stick both of his own legs out under it and kicking two other bearbees in the face at the same time while also hitting another in the face with a flail that explodes.

AWESOME

Launching off of the bearbee with a backflip, he aimed his revolver and shot it down. Looking at the mixture of bear blood and bee blood scattered across the floor outside, he turns around to his temple.

"Enemy casualties: Thousands. Friendly casualties: None."

Though no-one was hurt, he did worry. Bearbees are normally protective but harmless to anyone that doesn't piss them off, so why did they attack the temple?...

He decided to ponder this later. First, there's a ridiculously large amount of bearbee meat just outside the temple and he was HUNGRY!

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:48 pm

I apologise for this double post.

But someone must know.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5- ... pussy.html

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Oh That Is Niiiiice!

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:26 pm

While reading through a few other pages from that site, I noticed an interesting article about zombies.

Long story short-

NANOBOTS WILL DESTROY US ALL

Basically, they've already invented a tiny little robot that sits inside the nucleus of a Virus and messes with the information inside it. Note that it continues to mess with the information and essentially control the virus AFTER IT'S DIED.

In a few years, Scientists want to put this stuff in our heads.

BAD IDEA BAD BAD BAD!

The worst part is, the site treats this like a traditional zombie apocalypse. But remember, these are Nanobots. Nanobots have computers for brains.

Imagine a zombie apocalypse where the zombies are INTELLIGENT.

On the bright side, the Nanobots probably won't rebel against humanity unless they gain sentience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxU_T7C4Ils

Oh we're farked.

And don't think the sentience will save us! Remember every single science fiction film ever made? Which thing went evil? OH RIGHT THE ROBOTS.

The best part is, most ideas for the Nanobots can replicate themselves. Hey look! We totally just shot that zombie's head o- HOLY SHIZ NOW IT'S GOT A ROBOT HEAD!

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go rev up my giant drill made of diamonds and spikes now.

EDIT: And I need my notebook, I'm so going to make a story out of this. I'm also going to completely rewrite my zombie survival plan to account for nanobot zombies.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:40 am

Intelligent? I say, they wouldn't be intelligent. Just fast thinking. And only about their goal. And I doubt scientists or programmers would be stupid enough to program that goal to be something that would hurt humans.

It's a funny idea though... Out of all those sci-fi stuff we've ever created... the first to come true is actually a horror element?

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:30 am

Like I said, sentience.

Sentience = evil robots.

I don't know why they'd make a sentient self-replicating Nanobot and put it in someone's brain, but considering that one of the genetic experiments was making a monkey glow in the dark, someone's going to try it.