obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
KazuoX

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by KazuoX » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm

I just preordered as well. The update videos were just getting to much to bear.

I'm from New Jersey and am an unemployed college grad. I hope this game is great, because I'll be eating ramen for the rest of the week! :D

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:56 pm

that's odd, it doesn't show you as being in the pre order group.

Kazuo

Post by Kazuo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Count Roland wrote:that's odd, it doesn't show you as being in the pre order group.
Yeah, I had an issue with my preorder, but John solved it promptly. Much appreciated!

I'll be using this forum account now.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:21 pm

ah, well glad you could get it solved so fast, just one of the many great things about wolfire! welcome aboard and all that.

Ramadul

Post by Ramadul » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:29 am

Hi everyone,
My names Matthew and im 18. Currently im finishing off year 12 at highschool (only 7 or so weeks left) after that i dont really have any plans besides Uni or Tafe(hopefully doing somthing like game development). My hobbies are Computers, Games, rugby union and the odd bit of skateboarding/bike riding... boring i know but it keeps me mildly entertained.

Not much else happening at the moment but i have some plans for the future which are... learning a language (im thinking german), learn some basic programing (i can code some actionscript 2 and 3 in flash because school but i would like to learn more and different types), and next year some time im traveling around europe for a month or two for a break.

cheers

yhmmot

Post by yhmmot » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:59 am

hey guys im yhmmot

i am anticipating this game and just recently pre ordered to try out the alpha

it was pretty good... also i have a question... can you import objects from blender into overgrowth?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:28 am

Yes.

blackbird

Post by blackbird » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:37 pm

hello. i am blackbird.

the game will be

quite good, I think

Lambda

Post by Lambda » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:57 am

Hi, I'm Lambda, I'm a guy from The Netherlands.
I enjoy gaming, reading, and all that good stuff. I also make mods for various games and engines.

Pre-ordered after keeping my eye on the project for a while... the interest just got too great.

chloe00

Post by chloe00 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:10 am

Hey guys i am chloe and i am newbie here...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Cool, because I am weasel.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Do you raid henhouses? If you do, I would like to come with sometime.

ParaTurtle

Post by ParaTurtle » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 am

Hi all
I heard about Overgrowth a few days ago and after some research I arrived here. I, sadly, had no prior knowlege of Wolfire, but that will hopefully change.

Ham

Post by Ham » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm 14, freshman in High School.
Lives in the U.S, But I'm originally south african.
My real name is Ralph, I'm known as vendieta on the IRC(courtesy of my old quake wars nick)

I guess the frist time I knew about wolfire was playing black shades at a early age.
But I didn't know it was made by wolfire, or what the game was called, so I sorta forgot about it.
I bought the first humble bundle, got lugaru. And the rest is history, I just recently preordered overgrowth, but I've been in love with it since at least alpha 113. I watched all the art asset overviews, alpha's etc. Haven't gotten enough yet.
I played waaaaaaayyyy too much lugaru.
I also play way too much of tf2.
And yes, I'm a mac

SmilingAhab

Post by SmilingAhab » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:51 pm

So... um. Hi.

I'm Ahab, and I like the idea of something sentient running around that isn't a human, even if we have to make it. I stumbled across this looking at random furry art and finding a fanpic which I've long since lost. It's not like anything I've seen in the gaming world, so cool, I throw the monies at you!

My interests include agronomic and agroecological engineering (which is what I was going to college for), permaculture, biotech and carbon nanotechnology (think this, this, this and this, not this and this). I was starting class paths to these but got stung by the crash two semesters in, so now I wile away my days in a factory on the edge of town, paying off debts and saving up for the day I will TAKE OVER THE WORLD get back to school. I also volunteer on construction efforts and maintenance of community assets when I can.

I'm also a big modder; I spent more time modding TES3: Morrowind than I did playing it, and I always look forward to really moddable games. I don't have as much time as I used to, but I;m just saying that between this and the Skyrim creation kit launching in January, my friends and immediate relatives might not hear from me (because they hear so much already :roll: ).

I'm not really that social, sticking to letters, which are slower and more deliberate. I've got the Aspberger's, but that mostly means I'm slower, more mechanical, suck at chasing skirt and handle my own aggression poorly. So I stick to forums and video games. Don't be surprised if you crack a joke and it totally goes over my head.

There's a statistical likelihood I'll disappear for three months, return, shout BEHOLD and throw a 3 GB mod at you all.

I'll be around.