obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
Glabbit

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by Glabbit » Sun May 17, 2009 5:15 am

Lol.
I like you already.
This isn't your first time on these forums, is it?

FrozenThunder
Jailbait

Post by FrozenThunder » Sun May 17, 2009 5:21 am

Nope I am a forum member from the old beta tests of Lugaru (back before Lugaru had a windows version)

My account was registered in 2004, although it was technically the end of 2004. Back then I had a geektastic BlueBerry iMac with a 350Mhz PowerPC G3 processor and a whopping 8 MB's of Texture memory!
8)

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun May 17, 2009 6:16 am

*stunned*
Beta tests of Lugaru... ;~;
If there's one regret I'd ever conceive in my gaming life, it's that I would've missed that.

Blind Pew

Post by Blind Pew » Sat May 23, 2009 12:14 am

Hey, I'm Blind Pew (as you probably noticed).
I like animating and movie making and playing games.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sat May 23, 2009 1:09 am

Welcome :wink:

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat May 23, 2009 8:42 am

Wait, FrozenThunder needs to log on to a site about shark cartilage?

I don't think I've actually posted here yet and I'm not sure if I've introduced myself in this way in some other thread either. Might as well do so now at 1:05 AM.

I'm BunnyWithStick and last I checked I had the highest post/crap count on these forums due to what used to be daily checking and replying to anything I had even the slightest opinion about.

When I was younger I had the remarkable ability to get something as simple as the use of an apostrophe that I had previously used perfectly correctly completely back-to-front, start an argument about it and then forget all about the back-to-front business and start arguing against myself. This might be caused by coming back to a thread days later, but looking back on what I thought was the thread the apostrophe argument came from when I searched for it, I certainly can go completely insane when it comes to internet debates. I seriously have no clue as to what I was thinking back then, meaning I can not decypher my own posts in that thread even slightly.

I can't be bothered keeping up with all the new posts on the forum much now (but I'm sure I'll return to my old habits once I get some Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (which I only recently managed to get running without it crashing or PunkBuster kicking me for server integrity upon connect) into my system) but what time I do spend on the forums consists of me dealing out a healthy dose of Stronge into Wolfire's bloodstream, along with other people such as Invertin and Glabbit.

Speaking of Stronge, I wish I had just posted my response into the Stronge Thread instead of PMing Whef with my (correct) answer of Turner (technically Turner's life according to Whef, but anyway) while everyone was too busy asking what "Stronge" was supposed to be to actually solve the riddle (except maybe for some other people who PMed the answer as well) thus causing what turned out to be a scam to get a large reply count to be foiled. Or on second thought absolutely nothing would've happened since Whef would ignore us until it got to four pages in length as it did.

Anyway, as always (since ten seconds ago) remember to always close the lid of the toilet when you're finished so that the beavers don't come out and harass our kittens. Do not worry, while you are on the toilet they're mostly not going to want to bathe in the rain of turd. Mostly.

Since it is now 1:38 AM this proves that I really need to learn how to manage my time.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat May 23, 2009 9:23 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:This might be caused by coming back to a thread days later, but looking back on what I thought was the thread the apostrophe argument came from when I searched for it, I certainly can go completely insane when it comes to internet debates. I seriously have no clue as to what I was thinking back then, meaning I can not decypher my own posts in that thread even slightly.
Where was I when all this fun was being had?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat May 23, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm pretty sure you were a rather large part of the flame war I mentioned, although not a part of the split thread I linked to.

Sadly, the thread in which I somehow got the idea that the usage of Its and It's needed to be severely mutilated so much that it caused me to cite the dictionary's correct usage of the term, thus proving myself wrong (yet right at the time since I completely forgot that I was meant to be arguing that the incorrect usage was correct, rather than the other way round) appears to have disappeared.

I think it's quite impressive that I managed to suddenly get something that simple which I had previously used perfectly correctly (I think) completely back-to-front in one day and then remember that it was supposed to be the other way round the next. Then start arguing against myself.

Or, rather, impressive that my brain somehow managed to huff paint while I was sleeping at the time.

It should be reasonably easy to search for since David himself thought it necessary to intervene, but since I can't quite remember his exact wording clearly enough to search for said post, I haven't been able to find it.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun May 24, 2009 3:43 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Where was I when all this fun was being had?
BunnyWithStick wrote:I'm pretty sure you were a rather large part of the flame war I mentioned,
I have no idea why, but this amuses me no end.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun May 24, 2009 10:35 am

:? *2,3,4-*
That's the fifth time you've said that, Glabbit :o

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon May 25, 2009 11:45 am

But it's true! xD
*is amused*

Good boy for noticing though :3
*pat, pat*

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon May 25, 2009 1:10 pm

I find it funny when one boy says "Good boy" to another boy of similar standing. It tickles me in nice places.
BunnyWithStilts wrote:I'm pretty sure you were a rather large part of the flame war I mentioned, although not a part of the split thread I linked to.
What? Me? In a flame war? Oh, pish-posh! :P

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon May 25, 2009 2:13 pm

Glabbit wrote:Good boy for noticing though :3
*pat, pat*
Ha ha, I grab your wrist as you try to pat me and twist it till I hear an ugly snapping sound :P

Diou

Post by Diou » Tue May 26, 2009 4:37 am

Hey guys, evidently I'm new here, so i figured my first post should be an intro of sorts.

My name is Bart and I'm British, I like drawing, games, long walks on the beach and foreign movies :P

I've come here because the forum I was on before (Crysis Online) got shut down recently and i've been searching for a decent forum about something that I find interesting, and this place fits the bill perfectly.

hope I didn't sound like a smartass there

ps: what are the rules on signatures like here? I've got a 600x100 pic that I'm wanting to use but I don't want to step on any toes if its too big or simply prohibited.

Tokjos

Post by Tokjos » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 am

Hey! I recently preordered Overgrowth, so I figured i'd take advantage of the forums.
English isn't my native language, so I apologize for any grammatical errors i make.

I am a wannabe programmer, and when I'm in the mood i draw crappy pictures.