obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by Wilbefast » Wed May 12, 2010 9:13 am

You get used to it :P

Exit18

Post by Exit18 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Hey everyone, my real name's Vince and while I've been interested in preordering Overgrowth I only recently got a job and a paycheck to do so (I'm 16). That and I got gifted the Humble Indie Bundle, and Lugaru perked my interest (still haven't beaten all the challenges, but I finished the story!). So yeah, downloading stuff now, can't wait to try it out and get to know you people. =)

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Fri May 14, 2010 2:50 am

Respect: I still haven't got a job at 19, because I'm a filthy hippy student who lives off state funding and baguette. Welcome to France :mrgreen:

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Fri May 14, 2010 9:57 am

Nice one, living off the government!

Wilbefast

Post by Wilbefast » Fri May 14, 2010 2:19 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:Nice one, living off the government!
Not just any government: the FRENCH government. I'm not even French :lol:

Where's Froyok? I want to laugh in his face :D

Guns Are Toys

Post by Guns Are Toys » Fri May 14, 2010 7:30 pm

[insert random greeting here] I joined the forums a while ago, but I have a habit of dissapearing from forums for long periods of time and then returning when everyone thinks I'm dead or have forgotten me.

I've been interested in Overgrowth for a while, and I love reading the Wolfire blog for all there interesting facts on game development. I recently got the humble indie bundle and played lugaru... all I can say is that lugaru could have used a little more work, but the basic game play and combat is very good, which is pretty good for a high school project.

I've been interested in game development for a while now, I mostly focus on level design and 3d/2d art. I've been thinking of making my own levels and characters for lugaru now that it's open source.... but first I want to wait for the scripters for fix up the game a bit first and also for a proper editor for the game also.

Anyways, that's all I have to say for now, I look forward to chatting with you guys.

CosminN

Post by CosminN » Thu May 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi everybody, my name is Cosmin Negoita and I am an old fan of Lugaru.

I'm from Romania and I am 16 years old. As I'm not killing time with tons of games (currently playing the beta version of SC2 and a little GTA4), I call myself a designer. I have 2 years experience now and I think I'm improving every day I'm working.

I can't wait for Overgrowth and I'm looking forward to stay and be part of this community. For now, everybody have a nice day and take care!

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu May 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Welcome, Cosmin! We welcome new members with open arms...and then they're torn apart by Gramps/the community troll. :lol:

Anyways, good luck with your work as a designer. I actually learned today that designers need to know how to program too, or at least programming knowledge is required by just about any place you can apply for as a designer.

CosminN

Post by CosminN » Fri May 21, 2010 3:29 am

Thank you! Well, I'm a web designer, so I don't actually need to program. I'm just working for interfaces. I know a little bit of C++ and PHP.

Keand64

Post by Keand64 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:23 pm

HIII! /enthusiasm

I'm Jef, a hobbyist programmer, and I like to play games (which is why I'm on this forum in the first place (gasp!)).

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun May 23, 2010 2:58 am

Hi Jef! Welcome to the forum!

Guess what, I ALSO LIKE TO PLAY GAMES!! WOO!!

WallyWorld

Post by WallyWorld » Sun May 23, 2010 8:22 am

Hey I'm Walter, I came across Lugaru by complete accident a few days ago and was drawn in immediately by everything from the awesome combat to the indie gaming group making their own engine and tools. I pre-ordered Overgrowth last night so I have lots to learn about the tools, but am looking forward to playing around with it and seeing what type of cool things I can create.

I'm currently a third year student at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston (much more traditional fire arts) where I focus mostly on photo, but plan on pursuing a more Game Art/Design related degree at another school either next year or when I get my diploma. Between now and then is lots of fun playing around with Overgrowth, and getting back into figure drawing and sketching things in general like I used to do in high school. The time lapse concept art videos are really quite amazing and made me realize I really need to learn how to use photoshop again, and work on a technique to create my own original drawings.

I'm looking forward to watching Overgrowth continue to build itself up into what will hopefully be a really amazing game. Although Lugaru's stealth wasn't really a huge part of the game, there just aren't any really good ninja stealth games out there these days in my opinion, never mind anything with a combat system like in Lugaru.

I'm a little nuts, in that good arty way, so sorry for my posts ending up a bit longer and more ranty than intended. I guess the one perk out of it all is that I can pump out a decent amount of idea generation, in case anyone is trying to think up ideas and details about a game/show/anything and want another brain to free associate.

But yeah, that's about it.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun May 23, 2010 11:56 am

Freshbite wrote:I ALSO LIKE TO PLAY GAMES!! WOO!!
Wow me too, we have so much in common!

We should make love!! :lol: lol

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun May 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Walter and welcome to the Community!

zoidberg rules wrote:We should make love!! :lol: lol

No. Let's not.
I would go so far to pat you manly on the shoulder, though. Image

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon May 24, 2010 10:51 am

I'll wait, then when you run into my living room and drop your trousers, we'll do it. :lol: