obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
Lotus Wolf

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:47 am

i could help you out with the modeling (i recall that you said you couldn't UV map on the IRC), im sure rudel would be happy to answer questions, and i know i am. :wink:

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:49 am

thanks but mostly it's getting used to not using wings3d. I'll try and figure it out and thanks for the offers.

Semi

Post by Semi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:16 am

Hey guys, I'm Mike. I actually got directed to the site from Judge Graham. He came in to the Geek Squad yesterday and was having some problems with his laptop. I gladly helped him out, then we got on the conversation of his son, John, who is involved in making video games :) Being an electrical engineering student with a love of video games, I told him to elaborate. He directed me to this site, and I must say I'm impressed. Hope everything is going well with Overgrowth!

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:35 am

Hi mike. Welcomes.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Semi wrote:Hey guys, I'm Mike. I actually got directed to the site from Judge Graham. He came in to the Geek Squad yesterday and was having some problems with his laptop. I gladly helped him out, then we got on the conversation of his son, John, who is involved in making video games :) Being an electrical engineering student with a love of video games, I told him to elaborate. He directed me to this site, and I must say I'm impressed. Hope everything is going well with Overgrowth!
That is awesome! I was telling John that I am going to tell everyone I meet about Wolfire now. Welcome to the forums. :)

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:52 am

O hai.

My name's Jefferson (yup, that's my first name).

Proud furfan (there's a long story behind this statement, which I don't particularly want to explain - suffice to say, however, that this is probably the last time I mention it unless it's relevant) and long-time lurker. Used to post more actively on here, but between school (which is essentially now over YAY!), tertiary education and the DF forums, I haven't had much time. Also I abuse parentheses a lot. And commas. And I like to make fragment sentences that have no place in formal English.

Anyway, I was happy to see that after a long leave of absence, I came back and L2 (Overgrowth? Lugartoo?) was well and truly in development. To anyone whom I haven't seen for a while, Hi! Nice to be back :P

To anyone new here, welcome to Wolfire. There's showers over there to wash the flying excrement off.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:16 am

Welcome back indeed, Mak!
And yes, it's Overgrowth, but I've committed myself to remain speaking of Lugartoo. =3

Hal1989

Post by Hal1989 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:40 pm

Looks like I'm next X3

My name is Alex (not Alexander, just Alex).

2 years ago (if my joined date is relevant, lol), I discovered Lugaru when I was hunting for interesting games on download.com. I joined the forum, tough I haven't being active all this time (I was surprised my account was still there, lol XD) tough I was checking the blog often all the time to make me informed about Overgrowth (I finally preorder it since I recently set up my paypal account, meaning I can finally buy Lugaru, lol), while in the end, I finally "rejoined" the forum X3.

Anyway, I studied in computer tech support (finished at the end of the previous year), I like playing games (want to play with someone? Throw me a message X3) and I like to draw (I got a deviantart and furaffinity account, but it's being a while I haven't updated them, tough I bet you realised i'm drawing Anthro characters, lol XD)

I guess that's about it X3

EDIT: By the way, since I just bought lugaru and I discovered the hi-res package is unavalaible, I'm currently working into building an hi-res package, tough it may take some time. I'll post a new thread about it.

Fetterkey

Post by Fetterkey » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I'm Fetterkey. I like Wolfire games. I was here a really long time ago (2003) under a different username, but I forgot my password and stopped using that account name on other sites, so I figured I might as well start up an account under my current name. There are a few names that I remember, and a hell of a lot more that I don't. It's good to be back.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:33 am

Welcome back then, whoeveryouwere =3
Fetterkey wrote:There are a few names that I remember, and a hell of a lot more that I don't.
Hehehe... yes, nicknames are quickly used out. I used to have very very many different ones before I settled for the final one: Glunnator.
Call me Glun! =D

Yes, introduction part, I guess I'd have to do one too, then.
I'm Glun! Actually, I'm lots of people (see below), but that's not the point at the moment.
Found Wolfire ages back... and loved every single bit of it I could get my hands on. A real pity is, though, that I never tried Black Shades.
I was triply impressed when I found out these masterpieces only had one mind behind them. I don't even have to mention his name.

The reason I'm still Glabbit here is because that's what I put in there years ago when I still wasn't sure about a definitive nick, and I haven't been able to change it.
And actually, neither do I want to. I've been known as Glabbit here for as long as I've been here, so that's who I am when I'm here. ^-^

I've been making a list of all the old nicknames I used to use...
It's a long one, and I'm reasonably sure it's only half of them yet. =)

For reference:

Code: Select all

-{GALEMN}- 
<Dark_Star> 
a mosquito 
Benjamin Darkhawk 
Carrot 
CloakedFigure 
Commander 258 
Coollego52 
Da G 
Digi-ik 
Fun Zoner 258 
Galen Philip Deering 
Gandalf the Green 
Glabbit 
Glog 
Glun 
Glun* 
Glun258 
Glunnator 
Glunny 
Grenmar Gaijin 
Hairdude 
Killing_Killer 
Nakoto 
Ol' Uncle Tyrant 
Piglet 
Pilot 258 
Serpent 
SGTM 
Sir Galen The Mighty 
Unnamedgamer 
Unnamedplayer258 
Vladimir Darkhawk 
Worm!nator 
がるん
(That last one is actually quite simply Glun in hiragana... coincidentally, it's spelled the same way as my real name in hiragana... huh.)

Yes, pick any one you like to talk to me with, ask any questions, blargh, blargh, but if you think it'll raise a discussion, either open a new thread or send me PM's, 'cos I don't want to hijack this thread =)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:48 pm

Makrond wrote:O hai.

My name's Jefferson (yup, that's my first name).
hai. ^_^ check out jefferson starship - miracles.

tailsfanatic

Post by tailsfanatic » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:35 pm

Hey, TF here! I love gaming of all kinds, but especially the action/adventure genre. I also like programming games, (I am currently learning Xcode).

As a furry, I can't tell you how excited I was to see Lugaru... promptly downloaded it, of course. And now there's going to be ANOTHER ONE!!!! I can hardly wait!

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:23 pm

which part of xcode are you learning? how to code in c? or are you learning how to use it and already know how to code in all the languages it uses?

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:49 pm

this is extremely late, 'cuz i forgot to do it earlier:
Count Roland wrote:I'm Roland, I'm never there when I should be, but always there when it's useless. I do some textures and been planning to do some modeling.
you have a bleak outlook on your life, don't you? :P its ok, so do i.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:35 am

lol perhaps than again perhaps not than again, how many nuclear power plant technicians does it take to change a lightbulb?