obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
AppleGecko

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by AppleGecko » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi!

My name is Kamil, I'm 15 and from Poland. I enjoy playing computer games, especially RPGs and sandboxes. Also I am interested in modern army stuff.

I've just pre-ordered Overgrowth and it's really nice game, there are some things that should be added or improved but I think that it would be great game when it will be finished.

Heh, I think that's all :P

Egbert

Post by Egbert » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:37 am

Seeing as it is obligatory.

Hi.

Jiggydmented

Post by Jiggydmented » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Hello all!

My name is Tylor Ellis, I'm 20 years old and I am a student. I am going to school for photography, and I am getting my AA Degree. I found out about wolf fire through a youtube video and I thought that Overgrowth looks like a pretty awesome game. I play Guitar and I like taking photographs of people and places, I am a big nature nut!

Also I pre ordered Overgrowth already and I can't wait to try it!

Darkness7879

Post by Darkness7879 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 am

Hi my name is Liam and I'm from the vast wilderness that is Canada. Before I go over to Tim hortens to grab some hot coco I decided to take a break from building my igloo and type some stuff on my wooden computer. My hobbies include skiing, playing video games and hunting polar bears. Once I feed some money into my paypal I will preorder overgrowth (finally :D) . Oh and cheeeeeeeese eh.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 am

Tim Hortons is delicious, you seem awfully proud to perpetuate stereotypes, personally whenever I say I'm from Alaska and someone asks about polar bears or igloos, I contemplate removing their trachea.

Darkness7879

Post by Darkness7879 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:21 pm

na i was just having some fun.
I do think that tim hortens should rule the world though. :lol:

chefsbrian

Post by chefsbrian » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Well, I suppose an obligation is obligatory...

Tyler here, Preordered but a few days ago and so far have had my face repeatedly caved in through the Alpha. Yet I can't stop trying over and over....

Thomas7

Post by Thomas7 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi. I'm Thomas.
And I like games.
And Overgrowth.
Yeah.

Wow this must be one of the best introductions ever.
Really though, there't not much more about me then this, right now.

Cloud

Post by Cloud » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:44 am

I heard a passing mention of Overgrowth a while ago and then forgot about it, totally kicking myself, I should have been here ages ago!

Anyway, I'm Kev, I'm 28, live with the wife and a few kids and work in anything I can get my hands on, been a butcher, an electrictian, a boring office worker, a DJ . . . blah blah blah.

I love PC's, I love to work on them, I love to build them, I love to fix them when people (or me) has broken them . . yeah

I'm also a major lover of games, all shapes and sizes (some mroe than others) something I never grew out of growing up, oh well

I'm here thanks to Tim Buckley over at http://www.cad-comic.com/ , he posted up a few vidz but the main one that caught my eye was the vid for Alpha 145 . . . that blood . . . i mean . . .seriously! I actually tweeted it stating that its the future benchmark for all games.

So long story short (haha) I'm very impressed with the level of detail going into this project and after watching all the vids on youtube I just had to part with some cash and help support this, that hasn't happened very often in the past :p . . . damn now I actually need to upgrade my PC, I slacked off on it over the last couple years thanks to the *cough* Xbox and PS3 . . . .

so yeah . . .Hi all XD

Myth

Post by Myth » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Hey there, most folks just call me myth. I'm a Game Design/Programming student at Becker College, love to write, wish i was better at drawing, enjoy long walks on the beach...
i'm a huge fan of medieval lore and anything fantasy. knights, dragons, wizards.
Also have a soft spot for all things sci-fi, and have a deep appreciation and awe of outer space.

How are you today?

Booman

Post by Booman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:52 pm

I just purchased the Overgrowth pre-order!
Looking forward to downloading and trying out the new features....

I have been watching the Dev videos for quite a while on moddb.com
I'm very excited to see all the new models and interactive features!

Overgrowth is already a HIT in my book....

Lord Fuse

Post by Lord Fuse » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Greetings. I am Fuse. I am a veteran forumer and an expert on forum RPs. I would be typing in lime right now, as I do on most forums, but this is one of the few forums I've been on that uses a light background. I just preordered Overgrowth earlier today. I will either be checking this forum almost constantly or almost never; I'm not really sure which as of yet. I have read the rules threads already and find them to be acceptable. That's really about all I have to say for now.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Greetings and welcome, Fuse.
Forum RPs, eh? I'm intrigued.
Choose a replacement colour for your lime and you'll be a well-known character around here in no time, trust me. Let's see if you're worthy of that 'Lord' honorific, eh?

Tread carefully. There's all sorts around here.

Oh, yes, and welcome everyone else, too.

Scrabbit

Post by Scrabbit » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:03 am

Hey, I'm Scott. 20 years old and a budding composer =] I've been gaming my entire life, my earliest memory is of playing Rocket Knight Adventures on the Megadrive while my little brother sat next to me munching on cookies XD

I found Wolfire through a video of Overgrowth by Nerdcubed on Youtube, pre-ordered the hell out of it and bought Lugaru as well. Have to say they're brilliant games, some of the most fun (and punishing!) combat mechanics I've ever used.

melon_seed

Post by melon_seed » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:23 am

Hi there, I'm Sam. I'm an 18 year old engineering student and aspiring music producer. If I were in a zombie apocalypse, I'd surround my shelter with treadmills. Needless to say, this plan is flawless and I'd live to the end of time. I'm not much of a gamer and prefer old school stuff like Doom 1 and 2, Sonic from 1994, and Earthbound for SNES. However since the making of Overgrowth and Minecraft, my faith in new games has been restored :D.

I also heard about Overgrowth through NerdCubed's youtube video, and immediately fell in love with it's free-running and combat mechanics