obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
MinorThreat

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by MinorThreat » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:57 am

Okay, here I go

My name is Xavier, im 17, live in the Netherlands, soon done with highschool, going to study game programming next year. Hopefully it will be great.
I also play bass in a punk band. And I like punk music, but also some ska and folk and whatnot.

Oh also I like fun

Surfer Dude

Post by Surfer Dude » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Kaz, I'm 21 and from the UK. Currently in my final year of Civil and Structural Engineering at University and hoping to get a Graduate job next year (fingers crossed). I of course love games, books, films, music etc. etc. I have only recently found out about Overgrowth and think that the dev. team have done an amazing job at creating the engine. Really looking forward to the progression of Overgrowth over the coming months.

Kimball

Post by Kimball » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi, I'm Rob.

Primalscr33m

Post by Primalscr33m » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:47 am

Hey everyone, My name is Mark, and Im an Aussie, a mad gamer, 36 years old and a Architectural Metal CAD Designer by trade..

I love what you guys are doing with this, Its unique, personal and very compelling. You are all obviously extremely talented, and it's great to see that you haven't been swept up into the mega corporations in todays gaming world.

The entire gaming scene REALLY needs the open style platform you are building this title on, and the up close and personal way you are sharing the development with the community is incredible, innovative and I believe , will lead to an extremely successful game, and a strong and vibrant modding community.

Game looks awesome so far, a truly quality product.

I will continue to support you guys in any way I can, right up too and past the final release.

Im gonna get up on the highest mountain I can down here and shout your name to the Australian gaming community at full voice.

Disco Science

Post by Disco Science » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi, guys and gals, I'm Mike. I'm 24 years old, and live in eastern Canada (though I seem to have overshot the important parts), where I dabble in various creative pursuits between retail shifts, including such things as amateur photography, amateur 3D modeling, amateur icon design, and amateurish, usually unfinished music. :D

I played (some of) Lugaru quite a while back, forgot about it completely, and then found out about Overgrowth via, oddly enough, a copy of Alpha 113 someone leaked out on TPB. I played it, read all about it, and was hooked — had to preorder it. So, for once, someone being a dirty little pirate actually worked out OK for Wolfire. :lol: I'm the kind of guy who loves the "behind the scenes" DVD featurettes at least as much as the movies they're for, so the chance to have that kind of insight into a fully interactive computer game as it's still being developed was irresistible to me. As so many on this forum know, the indie scene is where the real sh*t's going down. :wink:

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to sticking around to watch Overgrowth blossom.

Obun3

Post by Obun3 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Yellow, I'm not much of a talker, got a glimpse on this piece of art and fell in love in a heart beat, preordered also because of this:
"Batman: Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

P.S. About me: I have accomplished nothing and I am nothing. za end.

sapphique14

Post by sapphique14 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:50 am

I'm a kid with to much time on his hands and I have never contributed anything to Wolfire games except the fact that I bought Lugaru.

Crazy Assassin

Post by Crazy Assassin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:24 am

Hello.

I am me. Not much to say about me, really, other than I preordered, and though I'm not particularly skilled, I'm of the modding 'breed'.

My finding of Overgrowth (and by extension, Lugaru) can be credited to Tim Buckley, aka the author of the Ctrl-Alt-Del comic.

Most of my modding experience (and, consequently, skill) comes from my time on the Quake 3 Engine-based game Jedi Academy, but I still home to somehow contribute.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:40 am

Hey,

My name is Aaron. I am currently enrolled in college (community, I hope to transfer to Cal Poly SLO) as a computer science major. I've been following Wolfire since before Overgrowth was called Overgrowth, though I mainly lurked until somewhat recently.

It's an awesome experience to be able to follow along in the production of a video game as I learn more advanced programming/math (I just recently went back to look at some of David's posts about linear algebra in video games; they've somehow managed to make the math I'm currently learning much more interesting.)

imaginationac

Post by imaginationac » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:18 am

My name is Dorian Patterson and I make things with computers (games, art, websites...words too). I just bought Overgrowth today and am having fun messing around.

Sirian

Post by Sirian » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi, i'm Sirian(do I have to say my real name ó.o?) I'm 13 years Older, going to make 14 in April ^^, i'm from Brazil.
I like games and animations.
Pre-ordered Overgrowth in... 3-4 weeks ago.
don't have much to say about me.
but Hi :3

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:21 am

MinorThreat wrote:Okay, here I go

My name is Xavier, im 17, live in the Netherlands, soon done with highschool, going to study game programming next year. Hopefully it will be great.
I also play bass in a punk band. And I like punk music, but also some ska and folk and whatnot.

Oh also I like fun

hahaha i like yr name man

minor threat kicks ass

Truck

Post by Truck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:27 am

I'm Truck.

I am not on fire.

Disco Science

Post by Disco Science » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:27 am

Truck wrote:I'm Truck.

I am not on fire.
Welcome, and congratulations! I can honestly say that's something we all strive for.

royalina

Post by royalina » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:36 am

I am still a student at UC Berkeley, majoring in computer science, although I am only taking one class per semester. ...