obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
IrishWristwatch

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by IrishWristwatch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:09 am

Ah Obligatory, i see, so i guess ill introduce myself.

I saw a lot of overgrowth videos on gametrailers and moddb in the last couple of months and never actually went ahead and finding out what it was. When i did i got really interested and went ahead and looked at many of the changelog videos, and when i saw how interesting the game was i signed up. Now all i have to do i gather enough money to actually preorder it :|

TheGrayK

Post by TheGrayK » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Hallo!
I am new and I am cool. A friend introduced me to a few videos of Overgrowth and then blender Nation mentioned blender was used for some animation. I came and checked it out I liked what I saw, Pre-ordered, and Here I am.

Breg

Post by Breg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:19 am

Hi,
I saw the Blender post and followed the link. I liked what I saw of the work, the progress and the small group. The large environment and the fluid movement is especially attractive. I'm sort of new to 3D but Blender has allowed me to create some animations, mesh assets, and rigged characters. Hope to one day work on a game. Nice to meet you and glad to help support the effort here at Wolfire Games. Now... on to test the editor...
Thanks,
Bob

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 am

Hey, all.

Name's Trevor and I love video games. Probably a little too much as I have found myself to prefer playing a game over feeding my dog... I should probably work on that.
I play (and have played) lots of different games including (but not limited to): CS:S, TF2, Portal(2), CoD 4-6, Halo 1-4, Lugaru (of course), Red Faction: Guerrilla, Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, GTA: SA and IV+LCS, Mercenaries 1&2, Max Payne 1&2, and so many more.
I'm just a nerd in his basement trying to find something other than playing video games that I can get good at. I've dabbled in video editing, filming, model creation, and map making. Not much in any of these, mind you, but I'm still going through their paces.
I hope to become an engineer after college.

I also like dogs. And pastries.

viemmsakh

Post by viemmsakh » Tue May 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Last edited by viemmsakh on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disco Science

Post by Disco Science » Tue May 03, 2011 3:57 pm

viemmsakh wrote:First official post.
Welcome! :D
viemmsakh also wrote:Decided to pre-order after i saw a promo video. I trust Wolfire, but for a 30$ alpha it better be pretty baller ;)
Well, don't expect a complete, playable game at this point, but if you've seen some of the changelog videos on YouTube, you know you'll be in for a treat most Tuesdays.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed May 04, 2011 11:27 pm

viemmsakh wrote:First official post.
Decided to pre-order after i saw a promo video. I trust Wolfire, but for a 30$ alpha it better be pretty baller ;)
it's not a $30 alpha, it's a $30 game and you happened to get the alpha too because you bought it early.

Egan

Post by Egan » Sun May 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Hello.
my name is Egan bierce-wilson.

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 am

After searching for tech demos, I found BlackShades. Then I played Lugaru. That was at least 6 years ago.
I've been gaming on a mac since kindergarden with infotron http://youtu.be/Xql80JOVils then warcraft 2, marathon (infinity/original EMR/Evil), starcarft, myth I and II all before 5th grade. Gaming is a big part of my life and I respect anyone and any company that makes games that are timeless and fun no matter the technology.
Here's to future Wolfire awesomeness!!

Korpor4l

Post by Korpor4l » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Hello, my name is not important, but on here I am called Korpor4l (pronounced corporal). If you must know, I have been producing music for around four years, I can make almost any genre, although my most prominent is a genre many people tend to hate and not appreciate. I like to release my music for free mainly because I still consider myself an advanced amateur and because I myself like free music. I can listen to almost any genre as long as it has a good melody and/or beat, pretty much if I say I enjoy it. I also enjoy gaming, which is one reason I am here right now. I sometimes find myself doing some art (on paper & on computer).

zebruh

Post by zebruh » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:09 am

Hello! I'm Zebruh!

I've been watching the development of Overgrowth for a little bit (> 2 years) and yet I have never played Lugaru! I was considering pre ordering Overgrowth but then I thought maybe I should play through Lugaru first. I was just wondering whether I should get Lugaru or the alpha?

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Korpor4l wrote:Hello, my name is not important, but on here I am called Korpor4l (pronounced corporal). If you must know, I have been producing music for around four years, I can make almost any genre, although my most prominent is a genre many people tend to hate and not appreciate.
It must be classical! But seriously do you have a link? I'd be interested in listening. You on pianoworld forums?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:26 am

couldn't possibly be classical, everyone likes classical.

Wordsmith

Post by Wordsmith » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:48 am

Hi everyone

I'm brand new to Wolfire, but am a great fan of Lugaru and Black Shades (except those Zombies :x )
I have had an Idea of creating a history of the Island of Lugaru, incorporating the default campaign, plus all the mods and leaving room for Overgrowth to still fit in. If anyone has any ideas, please submit them to the soon-to-be-created topic in the Lugaru forum.

Mat13

Post by Mat13 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 am

Hello i am Mat13 , i like wolfire games ago have played a demo of lugaru i have 14 years old ,i m french , like others games Halo , call of duty , ...