Obama won...

Anything else
Jimmy Jazz

Re: Obama won...

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Glabbit wrote:That's just one.
Plus, it's one we haven't had for long enough to truly know what kind of person he is.

If the answer is still the same after four years, I'll agree.
But not until then.
He makes the best point. People think he's going to snap his fingers and everything is going to change. We'll have to see if he can do the things he says he can do. The public has been led to believe things before that were untrue.

He seems alright, just don't get ahead of yourselves like.
I don't believe that Barack can snap his fingers and fix EVERY THING. but i do believe that he CAN wedge us out of the corner that we've got our self's into.

plus i hate bush so its a win-win.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:
Glabbit wrote:That's just one.
Plus, it's one we haven't had for long enough to truly know what kind of person he is.

If the answer is still the same after four years, I'll agree.
But not until then.
He makes the best point. People think he's going to snap his fingers and everything is going to change. We'll have to see if he can do the things he says he can do. The public has been led to believe things before that were untrue.

He seems alright, just don't get ahead of yourselves like.
I don't believe that Barack can snap his fingers and fix EVERY THING. but i do believe that he CAN wedge us out of the corner that we've got our self's into.

Granted. I completely agree with what you just said.

Another question is, though, how far out can he wedge you, and won't you just drop back in afterwards?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Jimmy Jazz wrote:I don't believe that Barack can snap his fingers and fix EVERY THING. but i do believe that he CAN wedge us out of the corner that we've got our self's into.

Oh for fuck sake I had a big long reply typed out to this and i clicked submit and it gave me an error message. I hate everything.

Anyway, the jist of my reply was that I think it's a bit of a given that Obama is more well-equipped to lead a country than Bush is. Just look at Obama's inauguration speech: flawlessly delivered. Reminded me of the power Winston Churchill had when making speeches, although Winston Churchill turned out to be a complete knob. Then, after looking at Obama's speech, look at any speech Bush made: embarrassingly bumbling and stumbling over every word.

I'm surprised more people on this forum don't have stronger opinions about this. I was convinced there'd be loads of people wanting to get in their two cents. I'm from ireland and I seem to have stronger opinions and theories than 90% of this forum on the matter. I was hoping this would be an epic debate. lol

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I'm surprised more people on this forum don't have stronger opinions about this. I was convinced there'd be loads of people wanting to get in their two cents. I'm from ireland and I seem to have stronger opinions and theories than 90% of this forum on the matter. I was hoping this would be an epic debate. lol
I don't like politics. The end X_X

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:16 am

Lol whether or not you like it, it should at least interest you. When I was younger I ignored it too, but it's going to affect you, so...

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:59 pm

my only interest in politics is who I vote for, I vote for who I think is better equipped to run the country and don't have any real strong opinions on any of this.

Fetterkey

Post by Fetterkey » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Reminded me of the power Winston Churchill had when making speeches, although Winston Churchill turned out to be a complete knob.
Winston Churchill was the greatest man of the twentieth century!

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:58 am

Fetterkey wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Reminded me of the power Winston Churchill had when making speeches, although Winston Churchill turned out to be a complete knob.
Winston Churchill was the greatest man of the twentieth century!
:O not David Rosen?

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:41 am

David's that old?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Glabbit wrote:David's that old?
Well, yeah, he is that old. Do you think he's nine years of age?
Note: 20th Century = 1901-2000.

Fetterkey wrote:Winston Churchill was the greatest man of the twentieth century!
I don't agree with that opinion.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:16 pm

I always thought it was 1900-1999. I'm pretty sure that the year 2000 was the start of the 21st century.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 am

Nope. First year of Anno Domini was 1. Therefore the start of the next century would be 101 etc. First year of the 21st century was 2001. I thought the same thing you did at first, but you realise it eventually if you're overtly logical. lol

These are the boring things I think about while I'm waiting to go to sleep.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:27 am

Ohhh, I see where I went wrong when reviewing this quirk before deciding whether to post about it or not.

While browsing through Wikipedia's page on Century, I must've thought this line:
Wikipedia wrote:It is commonly-held misconception that the 20th century ended on December 31, 1999. The 20th century actually ended on December 31, 2000, its centennial year.
Was this:
Wikipedia Incorrecto wrote:It is commonly-held misconception that the 20th century ended on December 31, 1999. The 20th century actually ended on January 1, 2000, its centennial year.
Or maybe some other strange thing. Either way, I didn't read that line properly.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:34 am

Lol yeah. I was thinking "Odd, why didn't he just Wikipedia it?" You're not usually one to make factual claims without googling them first. At least that's the impression I usually get.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:37 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Glabbit wrote:David's that old?
Well, yeah, he is that old. Do you think he's nine years of age?
Note: 20th Century = 1901-2000.
Wow, I finally got something right :D