An RP set... IN MODERN TIMES? HMM?

Anything else
Ragdollmaster

An RP set... IN MODERN TIMES? HMM?

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:15 pm

The two RP's that have sprung up in my lifetime at Wolfire have all been set in Lugaru's time, with anthropomorphic creatures as the characters. Now here is what I'm proposing; an RP set in modern times (21st century) where all character actions are realistic. No matrix-ing, no "OLO I CARRY AROUND NUKES WITH ME", etc. I want to see if enough people respond before I start the RP. It is recommended that the weapons of your characters should be firearms and explosives. Limit of 3 weapons- a heavy weapon, a primary weapon, and a secondary weapon. Heavy weapons are things like sniper rifles and light artillery weapons. Primary weapons span battle rifles, assault rifles, carbines, and shotguns. Secondary weapons span pistols, melee weapons, and SMGs. Note, the realism thing- this is only to prevent god-mod, overly-epic-battles, etc. A rabbit rushing with a katana isn't going to get far against any kind of modern combatant. This doesn't mean you're restricted by realism- you want zombies invading? You got 'em. As long we end up having a story that explains itself in a realistic way. You can found realistic plot details on unrealistic ones- it's a very simple technique known as 'creativity'.

When describing their equipment, please provided URL'd pictures (examples in my character) of the weapons you describe. Try to keep experimental weapons like lasers and whatnot out.
So... here we go. Humans are allowed. All species are coexisting peacefully now, though there is still national conflicts. Character sheet is below.

Name: Torrin
Species: Tiger
Appearance: Standing about 5'11, muscular build.
Equipment:
Heavy:AR50 Sniper Rifle
Primary:Sig 550
Secondary:HKMP7.
History: A U.S. marine for 9 years, since he turned 18, he fought in the Desert Storm conflict (let's assume history is the same. Only with anthros running around.) and was on two combat tours in Iraq. He is now on leave from the Marines but he still has his custom gear waiting in his house. Lives alone.

I'll let someone else start the story. Assuming there are any replies. I made this in the spur of a "I'm-bored-so-I-should-make-something" moment.

Chainsaw man

Re: An RP set... IN MODERN TIMES? HMM?

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:03 am

Ok, a Furry RP. Lets see...

Name: Colicedus
Species: Tiger
Aperance: Comicle as his armorment he stands as high as most men. His eyes are hidden behind Red Glasse's, myth says that you can see your death though there gaze.
Equiptment:
Heavy: RPC Launcher RPC Launcher
Primary:MK.III Close combat Specal (Chainsaw)
Secondary: Glock 22

Hystory: A profesonal Zombi slayer from the Vanhellsing cult that works for the CIA. He is also a Master of unconventonal warfiar. He dose not care for politics, but if there is a Zombi outbreak, he is the one to call. Because of the nature of his work, Gevineva has a warent for his capture, geniva put forth that "Zombis have feelings too!", how ever he is only spoken in urban myth.

I suck at starting these RPs, some one else can...
Last edited by Chainsaw man on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blue shade

Post by blue shade » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:07 am

Name: daisuke (by the way it means great help and i hope i will be to this rp :D)
Species: Fox
Appearance: Standing about 5'13, muscular build,slightly grey fur
Equipment:
clothes: ripped camo west,black ripped pants
Heavy:sniper (only used when he's got a contract whit a faction and he needs some fire power over standard)

Primary:Desert Eagle 44,mag
Secondary:daito musashi katana
History:??? we only know he's an armed skilled assassin

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:20 pm

Coli, can you edit your posts so that the weapons are linked? Like, (URL=whateverlink)Weapon(/URL). Check my post for a reference.

Also; moderate interest I see o; If 2 more people join, so we have 5, we'll start.

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Name: samuel
species:Wolf
Appearance: Standing about 6'2,white fur whit black stripes
Equipment\clothes: pair of ripped black jeans,long leather coat,left hand glove whitout fingers,round glasses whit red tint,
Heavy:colt single action armysImage
Primary:katanaImage
Secondary:tantoImage
History:skilled merc no one knows much about him
Last edited by blood-shard on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Ok... what Species is he?
and What do you mean by his hystory???

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:Ok... what Species is he?
and What do you mean by his hystory???
oops forgot edited ! :D

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:52 pm

Sweet,a Wolf merc with a ghostly evasive past, I like! :)

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:Sweet,a Wolf merc with a ghostly evasive past, I like! :)
thx :) ill try not to be too un realistic xD

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Name: Grenmar Gaijin
Species: Unknown (yet. He's still got his cloak on.)
Appearance: Stands out with a vague oriental samurai hairstyle and a dogi (martial-arts kit) underneath a dark cloak, although he is obviously of european parentage. (of course you won't know this till he throws off his cloak)
Equipment: Apart from his weapons, Gaijin has a small but strong shield strapped to his arm.
Primary: For some reason he primarily uses an ancient but well-maintained katana. What, is this guy nuts?
Secondary: Few people have spotted a glimpse of them in his belt, and even fewer have ever seen him use them; Gaijin always carries a healthy supply of basic-shape shuriken around, at the back of his dogi, underneath his cloak.
Heavy: Seemingly Gaijin's only true long-range arms, he also literally seems to have two lengthened-barrel colts up his sleeves.
History: Naught but rumours are known of Grenmar Gaijin. Experts have dechiphered 'Gaijin' to mean 'outsider' or 'stranger', but the meaning of 'Grenmar', if there is one, is yet unknown. Of the stories about Gaijin actually using his weapons, which is said he does rarely, shows that he is extremely skilled in the use of each indiviual type he carries with him. Some drunkards even proclaim he is skilled at them all at the same time.
Grenmar himself, when asked, will deny this.

Known for little else than goodwill, travel, and of course the many rumours, Grenmar seems a little resigned to those who don't know him.
In these parts, though, nobody knows him. Yet.

NOW, on to make a start!

It was a warm night, for the time of year, and a soft wind rattled at the windows of John's Bar.
Hardly anyone came here lately. The barman, whose actual name was Clive, was starting to get a little depressed.
Although a mate of his had told him a large group of travelers were on their way to this edge of nowhere. This kept his hopes up.

His hopes were not in vane.

Around three hours past noon, the door swung open, and a cloaked figure strode in boldly. His cloak currently covered his entire body, and Clive, who himself was a rat, could not yet see what species this stranger could be, apart from the fact that he was too tall to be a rat also.
"Oi." The stranger proclaimed.
Clive nodded. "Can I help you?"
"Have got any saké?"
"I'm sorry?"
"Saké? Have any?"
"Uh, no... er... I don't think I do... um... Let me go and che—"
"Hrrmmph!" The stranger grunted. "No mind. Bring me cha."
Clive stood shock still for five second.
"Er... wh-what's cha, lord?" he hazarded, unsure of this stranger's rank, for the cloak had not yet moved.
The stranger paused, and seemed to mumble inwardly for a moment.
"Think... Tea... Cha is tea. Yes?"
Clive nodded hastily and ran into the kitchen, wondering where this man (or woman. Clive was never really good at differentiating sexes from other species) could come from.

Grenmar Gaijin loosened his cloak a little, although not so much as to show any more of himself, and chose a seat in the corner of the room.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:17 pm

(we could rename the thread Modern RP...)
Name: Jack T. Ripper
Species: Mastiff (huge dog)
Appearance: 6'10", large powerful limbs, muscularly set body.
Equipment;
Heavy: LAR 50 Cal. Grizzly Big Boar
Primary: MP5 - Tactical Assault Rifle
Secondary: MP5K - Tactical Machine Pistol
History: Working as a freelancer, from an early age, he has accumulated skill, wealth, and respect. He spent a year in Iraq working as an assassin, payed by the US government. Long before, he fought in both World Wars, and the Kongo War. He generally is quick to kill, having learned that only those who have watched his back before are worthy of trust. Lives with 3 other freelancers.

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:45 pm

It was a warm night, for the time of year, Samuel had decided too go over at Johns bar to get a peacefull beer,infact he had not touched alchohol since he had a contract in japan. there he asked for beer,they gave him sake it were terrible and too strong for him.That were six years from now while he were still a rookie he tryed too forget about it and get over at the bar as fast as he could.
other things than just bad alchohol and raw fish on rice happend in japan that year 2014.
(dont hope you mind at all that we go alittle firther into time and stuff lets say if im 27 well.. then we are at year 2021 now)
Samuel oppened the door to the bar and went in. he saw a guy maybe girl that were cloaked but he dident bother thinking about who it could be. he took a seat in the middle of the bar did a fancy twist whit the chair turned it around and he sat on it. "BAR KEEPER GET ME A BEER REAL BEER NONE OF THAT RUBISH RUSSIAN VOODKA YOU ALLWAYS GIVE PEOPLE"
the bar keeper looked at him
"uhm .. its called sake" he said whit a lowerd voice
"I DONT CARE GET ME BEER" samuel shouted

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:25 pm

(J.T. Ripper must be rather old dog? BOTH world wars)

Moments later, a Tiger enters the Bar without kicking up a sceen. To take a glance at him would however make him your new focal point. Not only is he carrying heat, but he is carrying a a chainsaw! He is in full blood stained Denum armor, Likly plated with something like metal or Ceramic, you can tell its plated by the sound he makes with each step.

He put down a Heavy tube, it resembles an Guided missle launcher system, but heavly modifyed. For one, there was a huge split down the front half that was some how 'cut' into it. He seemed releaved to put it down. If it was such thing, it must be loaded.
He idles his hands over the top of his chainsaw, resting on his lap as he wait for the Barman.

He waits for the keeper to come to him, but time seems to be of the essance.

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:42 pm

samuel looks over at the tiger "if it aint the knight in shining zombie gut coverd armor hows the slaying going " he asked as a he looked over he's shoulder

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:38 pm

(i'll explain how J.T.Ripper got to bee that old when someone asks in the RP)

Jack walked into the bar, with all his weapons slung. He unslung the long rifle, and leaned it against the crook in the wall, at the corner where he always sat. he laid his pistol on the table in front of him and left his MP5 slung over his shoulder. He saw the tiger with a chainsaw, and what he recognized as and RPC (i have actually seen a prototype of one before), and marked him as a mercenary. Another that drew his eye was a wolf drinking beer, with a katana and two pistols. he might still be new to the whole merc thing, by the look of the weapons; while they were fine weapons they wouldn't be suited for hard combat, unless he was some kind of super ninja-pirate-hero-dude. The barkeep came over and greeted him, Jack simply waved him away, revealing a flask of spirits.