Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Post by Blorx » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:50 pm

i'm going to retry Megami Tensei haha
wish me luck
that game's intense!

and i'm getting persona 4 asap

but i'm still gonna beat persona 3...is lvl 20 good enough for the 4th full moon?
all i know is those damn adamant beetles murder me with their kill rush (2 consecutive 90-110 depending on if they raised attack power hits in one turn)

waiiitttt...no the one i couldn't beat the first boss on WAS the SNES remake
Megami Tensei was the weird one where you had to memorize a bunch of pws...
gah that sucked
anyways i'm going back to SMT then, so wish me luck anyways haha

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:42 pm

Considering one of the ancient-ish meanings of the word "Adamant" refers to a legendary rock or mineral, the origin includes greek words meaning "Untameable" and "Invincible" and the fact that it is very similar and related to a word that has a direct meaning of "Unbreakable" (Adamantine) which also happens to be the well-known name of the "Awesome Stuff" that you can make awesome weapons and awesome armour and awesome stuff out of in Dwarf Fortress, "Adamant Beetles" would obviously end up pwning you to the ends of the earth.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:37 pm

lol
after i hit lvl 21, they started getting easier but yeah, when you first encounter them, they do pwn you to the ends of the earth
and golden beetles even more so...

but yeah
you buy it yet?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:50 pm

bump!

just got Persona 4 today
i recommend it over 3...
but that's just me
they're completely unrelated and you can go into either one and know exactly what's happening
if you go into 4, there are about 2-2 1/2 hours of opening, cuz all the events happen in the time that you're there
but if you go into 3, you can jump into the "action" in prolly half an hour, cuz half the story was set up before you arrived

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Just got Persona 3 FES yesterday. This game is fucking amazing. I'm playing it at the moment instead of (a) Fallout 3, (b) Oblivion and (c)Exam Study 2008!

This game is heavily addictive. I love the battle system. My personas kick ass. I've got this one Zanchadou or something, he's at level 17 and his Strength is at like 35 and his Endurance at like 30, 'cause I gave him loads of items.

I'm playing on Normal, and I didn't really cop onto the fact that the game's calendar dictates how fast you should be levelling up until the first full moon ordeal when I had to stop that monorail train. Since then though I've been levelling up like crazy.

It's such a chore levelling up your Charm and Academics and Courage. Haven't been bothering with Courage really, just Charm and Academics, I've got them both up to the 3rd of the 6 levels. I wanna get Charm up to Charismatic (level 6) so I can stop dating this dumb bitch Yuko and get some of that sweet Yukari ass. o bb

Anyway yeah, I highly rate this game. But stop a second...Persona 4 has an aggregate score on Metacritic of 93% from 19 critics' reviews...and 9.2 out of 10 for the User Rating score. This is a first for RPG's that I've seen reviewed, praised so highly by the Public AND the Critics. I NEED to get this game when it comes out in Europe. And when will that be? Spring 2009. F*** off.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 pm

it's not out in europe yet?
=/
sorry
it is slightly better than 3 though
^^

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:15 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Makrond was from...New Zealand?
RAWR!

Sorry to resurrect this point, I'm just a hopeless necrophile... but I'm from Australia.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:54 am

Haha I knew it was one of those. It's cool, I'm sure you didn't know where I was from either. :lol:

And nope @ Blorx. Generally, a lot of Japanese titles are released in Asia first, then the Americas, then Europe. However, a lot more games these days are receiving universal release dates so as not to piss off the Irish.