So eh...the world ends in about 4 more years

Anything else
invertin

Re: So eh...the world ends in about 4 more years

Post by invertin » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:02 pm

My theory on the calenders ending on 2012? The original writers never thought anyone would use them for that long.

Who expects a calender to go all the way from now, to the end of the earth/universe? Who the hell is going to write a calender for THAT long?

And historical references to a meteor hitting us in 2012? Come on. Historical references also talk about the black death being caused by the fact that the planet smells.

This is a load of ridiculous nonsense.

And I know alot about ridiculous nonsense!

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:38 pm

well
it's ironic that 4 separate civilizations ended their calendars all on the same date, no?

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:11 pm

Well yeah but wasn't a lot of all their religions based on star formations and astronamy and such? Maybe they all interpreted one star formation as the same meaning, it would look the same for all of them at one point or another. I'm trying to remember 7th grade ancient civilizations and its hard, lol.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:41 pm

well
apparently that's when all the planets were to line up based on star formations
maybe it went around in those days that when all the planets line up, the world will end, idk
i still find it bizarre that the earth is the only planet in our solar system with a history of intelligent life
it's been proven that things can adapt quite well
why didn't things on other planets evolve?
especially on Pluto (the former Pluto...the one that was actually a planet) seeing as it's entirely ice...which means it could in fact support life of some form

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:53 am

It's not that strange when you look at how extremely depending we are on conditions here.
So many, many things that hang in such a delicate balance... take one of them away, and the whole thing comes apart, and thus life is no longer a possibility.

Then you might come to the question 'why here?' or 'why us?', but that's a silly question, due to the fact that if we had been anywhere else, the same question would arise.

If you know of how we actually came to be here, we're damned lucky.

Although we suffer of each other, so maybe we're not...

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:50 am

*skips what has been written to make point*

Hmm, interesting. World ending in 2012...
I believe I heard something on Youtube about that, an Art bell Radio show recording... it talked about Aliens preparing to make war with the human race or some shit like that. I will see if I can find the exact one...

*search's*

This is similar to what I found, Not the exact one however I will need to do more searching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3bld4lTG0

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:15 pm

i don't believe this at all but for the sake of the thread i will believe it for now.

this year (2008) i would just live life. but the day before the world ended i would just rob a bank.
spend all of it on random things that i want and if i have any money left over
i'll just give it to wolffire. that way if the world doesn't end it wont be in vein. :D

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:19 am

Well, if the world ends in 4 more years, its gotta be the most anticlimactic ending ever.
There is so much we don't know, so much history burred, burned, and hidden. The story's of Jesus are a perversion of what originally happen. The phrase "he died on the cross for our sins" sounds more like to me "He died on cross because we ratted him out/screwed up on our end" our not meaning us, but the people who screwed up. How ever, to many people have rewritten stuff, reinterpenetrated, and made silly typos. We are also not given the vast library's or codex's hidden in the Vatican.

One thing dose come to mind, Peoples say this Pope now is the last.
But come on, really, why end all this NOW!
Unless it displays human stupidity at its best, than I'm gonna be sad to leave this earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO1mCAVyMw
Renegade_Turner wrote:LOL. "Never, under any circumstances, speak in the bathroom. Not to your friend, not to your wife, not even to Jesus himself."

That educational video was a very special experience for me.
Here it is again...

Fetterkey

Post by Fetterkey » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:42 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:United Nations approved funding for a project to prevent this since there seems to be so many historic references- due to the wonderful formula of mass x speed = force and the property of density, if a comet half a mile in diameter, huge, but not big in relative terms, hit the Earth, it would send out a massive shockwave and easily incinerate half of us instantaneously or flood us, if it hit the ocean. Now if it hit the ocean, that would be a little easier- hitting solid ground would mean a lot of dust floating into the air and the sun being blocked out. X_X Ergo, they're building a satellite made of incredibly strong alloys that will orbit Earth with a dish designed to absorb impact 12 miles wide in diameter.
Links or it didn't happen.

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:33 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:United Nations approved funding for a project to prevent this ... they're building a satellite made of incredibly strong alloys that will orbit Earth with a dish designed to absorb impact 12 miles wide in diameter.
Dude, you totally bought the cover story they made up to distract saboteurs. They're actually building giant thrusters out in the desert. When that comet shows up, the Earth's gonna do a barrel roll.
Blorx wrote:the earth is the only planet in our solar system with a history of intelligent life
When the hell did that happen? I must be reading the wrong history.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:19 am

in response to chainsaw's
it doesn't really matter when it ends, someone's always gonna ask that same question "why now?"
it's because the power controlling whatever destroys it decided it needs to end
it's not complicated at all
now or in the next generation
doesn't matter, it all comes back to the fact that someone won't want it to end
someone will ask "why now?"
so why not be the ones to accept it?

of course maybe this end of the world shit is a multi-billion dollar governmental ploy set up to make us realize that maybe we need to turn our lives around fast

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:49 pm

plus if i was making a calender i would get board of making it then stop.
i know those Aztecs had a LOT of time on their hands but why make a calender
that just go's on and on and on and ect... :?

(i guess i just simplifying what blorx said. well at least part of it.)

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:45 pm

Coli that video scared the shit out of me. When you say that it wasn't the original do you mean it was a different message in some way because I'm interested in that whole thing now. Conspiracies are my vice. Oh and I mean the radio message one, not the Restroom Etiquette one, smart asses.
Also thats a good point with the whole bible thing, telephone is an evil game.

Yeah Blorx is right no matter what we'll never be ready to accept that our time in the world is over. And i wouldn't be surprised if this is a government thing, that's kinda what I think global warming is, whether it's real or not.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:18 am

Blorx wrote:in response to chainsaw's
it doesn't really matter when it ends, someone's always gonna ask that same question "why now?"
it's because the power controlling whatever destroys it decided it needs to end
it's not complicated at all
now or in the next generation
doesn't matter, it all comes back to the fact that someone won't want it to end
someone will ask "why now?"
so why not be the ones to accept it?
No, I will not accept that. I will not. I refuse. You can not tell me to roll over and leave my flesh to the ants.
I will not simply accept from to cease to exist. God is us, the human spirit put together, Man is the most powerful creature in the known universe, Everything fears us, for we are the understander of all that is good and bad.
As fragments of light from a shatter being, how can you accept to pail before the midnight moon light!

nerodx wrote:Coli that video scared the shit out of me. When you say that it wasn't the original do you mean it was a different message in some way because I'm interested in that whole thing now. Conspiracies are my vice. Oh and I mean the radio message one, not the Restroom Etiquette one, smart asses.
I was about to say...

There have been plenty of similar messages.
The one I remember is one from an A51 worker, it was about an Extraterrestrial race coming to cleans the earth of man. A huge War would take place that would End the human race. Personally I think man kind will stand to the threat if its real. I really don't think you can end us. I don't think you have anything to fear. At least not yet. Just make sure you have weaponry and a safe place to hide. Interestingly enough, the bible dose say in revelation to stay out of the city's. Think for a moment, remember the city of Sodom? it was destroyed by what some say was a pillar of light.
If you read the bible, you may find allot of references to UFO's :wink:

I think I have read way too much into the book :roll:
Also that's a good point with the whole bible thing.
Thanks.