So eh...the world ends in about 4 more years

Anything else
Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

So eh...the world ends in about 4 more years

Post by Blorx » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:04 pm

eh...yeah
so the original Mayan, Roman, Greek and Aztec calendars all end on December 21, 2012 apparently
and this dude found a hint in the first 5 books of the bible that says that a comet's gonna kill us all in 2012...and a bunch of other things...
eh...yeah...

DISCUSSION TIME!
discuss whether you believe it or not.
and if you do believe it, how are you gonna spend your precious last 4 years of life?

Ozymandias

Re: So eh...the world ends in about 4 more years

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:20 pm

Good thing Overgrowth will be released before then ;)

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 pm

I always wanted it to be that the mayan, aztec, greek and roman zombies would rise from the dead on that day, not a comet. At least if it were zombies we could die like badasses. And I always thought the calender ended on December 12th, you sure its the 21st?

Anywho, I guess that I'll live my life just like how I am right now. and the 3 monthes I spend in college better be a pretty awesome way to cap off my life.

And why don't we just use the moon as a shield from the comet, that thing must have more of a purpose then just moving water up and down.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:36 pm

personally, I'd like to live to be older than 21... :(

i hope its the zombies, cause then i could live longer, and live out resident evil! WHO'S WITH ME!? *Shotgun Cocking Sound*

Hal1989

Post by Hal1989 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Yeah and I also heard the planet Niribu, Nibiru or Planet X will also go very near to earth in 2012 (also some old inscriptions were told the people living on this planet are actually the one that created mankind, but this is another subject) and also heard about a comet named Apophis will go very near of earth in around 2012.

Anyway, I got an open mind, but it's pretty hard to me to know which fact is true. And if it's true, I don't really care, lol.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:41 pm

nerodx wrote:I always wanted it to be that the mayan, aztec, greek and roman zombies would rise from the dead on that day, not a comet. At least if it were zombies we could die like badasses. And I always thought the calender ended on December 12th, you sure its the 21st?

Anywho, I guess that I'll live my life just like how I am right now. and the 3 monthes I spend in college better be a pretty awesome way to cap off my life.

And why don't we just use the moon as a shield from the comet, that thing must have more of a purpose then just moving water up and down.
no no it's definitely the 21st
but i'm assuming the 12th is a common misconception, seeing as 12 is 21 backwards and everyone would rather it be 12/12/12 and not 12/21/12 so that at least they die on a day that sounds cool

this explains it in SHORT
http://www.threeworldwars.com/2012/12-21-2012.htm

and Hal, that's pretty interesting actually
maybe Planet X is going to annihilate us...
=\

personally, i'm getting ready to read through Ron Weinland's '2008 - God's Last Witness' book. he predicted the economic depression and is saying that by January, the US will be worth nothing. coincidentally, that's when Obama takes office. i'm wondering how true it'll be and want to know what else to watch so yeah....i don't truly believe it yet, seeing as he says New York, Chicago and LA are going to be blown up sometime b/t now and the end of the world (common knowledge on him just says taht it'll end it 2012 and that the second coming is in 2011, i've yet to read the book and find out more) and that would seem like a hate for major cities full of bad people, maybe suggesting a divine intervention on major sources of evil in the US, but Chicago was one of the three and that intrigues me for some reason.
i'll tell you what i think after i read it

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:10 pm

There are only twelve months in a year, silly. It can't get to 12/21/12, instead it would be something along the lines of 12/9/13, but probably on a slightly different day to the 12th.

Before you ask, yes, I do know that your calendar is stup- different, I just don't care.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:47 pm

haha
yeah...

for those not following, i'm talking in american terms, he's talking in rest-of-the-world terms

MONKEYZ RULE
mashed patatos and whipped cream
Location: Somewhere too warm for a jacket, yet too cold for shorts.

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:46 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:There are only twelve months in a year, silly. It can't get to 12/21/12, instead it would be something along the lines of 12/9/13, but probably on a slightly different day to the 12th.

Before you ask, yes, I do know that your calendar is stup- different, I just don't care.
The year doesn't have a "0" month, if there were then you might be correct.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Such things happen when you don't bother calculating an exact date.

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:16 am

Wow, i've heard the world is going to end about 6 times. :lol:

Anyways, if it does end, i'm going to spend the rest of my four years doing what i usually do, because i do not believe will end foure years.

Maybe ten years, but not four years :wink:

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:55 am

I think perhaps that their world will have ended by than not ours, when that is proven to be false than their world shall end and ours will continue.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:55 am

Ozymandias wrote:Good thing Overgrowth will be released before then ;)
Most sensible post in this thread.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:18 am

United Nations approved funding for a project to prevent this since there seems to be so many historic references- due to the wonderful formula of mass x speed = force and the property of density, if a comet half a mile in diameter, huge, but not big in relative terms, hit the Earth, it would send out a massive shockwave and easily incinerate half of us instantaneously or flood us, if it hit the ocean. Now if it hit the ocean, that would be a little easier- hitting solid ground would mean a lot of dust floating into the air and the sun being blocked out. X_X Ergo, they're building a satellite made of incredibly strong alloys that will orbit Earth with a dish designed to absorb impact 12 miles wide in diameter.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:23 pm

and what happens when the satellite is struck and both objects are pulled into the atmosphere, creating an even larger impact?

I for one find this a little fishy...