¿00ɾ 'ǝɹǝɥ dn pooƃ ǝɹɐ soɥɔɐu
4%
nachos r gud down here
17%
ɐןodɐɹɔ ɐpɐoן ɐ sʇɐɥʇ
No votes
mkay den :|
13%
Oh BEE TEE DOUBLE YOO (btw) you have 4 options to votus cuz its so HUGOUSIOUSLY huge
26%

Total votes: 23

Starrz

NoBama? GoBama?

Post by Starrz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:14 pm

What did you think about Barack's speech today?

Personally, I thought it was okay. But some of the stuff he said suprised me. (In a good AND bad way.)

Skofo

Re: NoBama? GoBama?

Post by Skofo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Didn't see/hear it. Lots of atheists on Reddit are soaking their knickers over Obama mentioning "non-believers", though.

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Tee hee. Soaking knickers.

Yea but anyways, I'm sure they probably would be mad over something like that.

Although I though Obama was an Atheist.

Meh. I dunno.

Skofo

Post by Skofo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Starrz wrote:Yea but anyways, I'm sure they probably would be mad over something like that.
No, I mean in a good way. There have been surveys that show that atheists are the least trusted minority in the United States. It makes a lot of atheists feel special to receive recognition along with other religions, especially from a high figure like Obama. :P

Also, Obama is a Christian.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Didn't like the mention of Communism and terrorism. The whole American "Communism is evil" thing annoys me and the whole "TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM" thing annoys me, although I suppose he only mentioned terror once. Maybe I'm obsessing over small things.

A big thing that annoyed me is "we're ready to lead again". When was America ever "leader of the world"? lol

Anyway, it was a pretty great speech other than that. One thing is sure, at least he's better at public speaking than Bush was. lol

He's quite a competent president, although he's never going to be Jesus no matter how much the media want him to be.

All that said, I'm a fan of Obama. He's a cool guy.

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:01 pm

hmm.... well i just wanted to put that on here.
disclaimer: THIS IS MEANT TO BE A JOKE
i like mccain i really do. i just like obama better.
Attachments
motivator3461807.jpg

Zeno

Post by Zeno » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 pm

It was pretty good, in my opinion. Not what I was expecting, but good.

When he said "Non-Believers" though, I could practically see all the angry rants appearing on the internet.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Jimmy Jazz wrote:hmm.... well i just wanted to put that on here.
disclaimer: THIS IS MEANT TO BE A JOKE
i like mccain i really do. i just like obama better.
I didn't like either of them tbh.

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Skofo wrote: Also, Obama is a Christian.
Hmm. Shocker. This picture will prove my point.
THIS IS MEANT TO BE A JOKE. SORT OF.
mccain-saves-babies.jpg
Renegade_Turner wrote:A big thing that annoyed me is "we're ready to lead again". When was America ever "leader of the world"? lol
Woa, now... woaaa....

Uhhhh ummm ehhh....

America was never the leader? Sorry my friend, but that's a load of bullcrap. America is most defiently the leader of the world. America is the policeman of Earth, pretty much. For small example, WWII. IF we weren't there to kick Hitler's ass, your special little New Zealand would be speaking German right now. And you'd have blue eyes and blonde hair. And if you didn't you'd be dead. And there are still neo-nazis out there. So duunnut say that we really don't have much power, because if it weren't for our badass army, there be some dictator around, probably named Josef Hitler telling us that he prefers my house to be beige, instead of yellow.

Try to think about that.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:09 am

Wait, what? R_T lives in Ireland. Why would New Zealand be special to him?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:39 am

HAHAHAHAH I Live in America and I don't believe that, communism was never evil, they've got like 3 terrorist attacks in the U.S. over a period of 10 years and they freaked out compared to the hundreds that happen in other countries every Year. WW2 would probably have been won without the help of America, and even if it wasn't it's hard for a dictatorship to exist for that long over that wide an area, especially with a successor to the dictator. there were already germans trying to assassinate hitler, imagine if he ruled over all of europe and much of asia and america? anyway everything's hypothetical, america is hardly the world police though.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Starrz wrote:America was never the leader? Sorry my friend, but that's a load of bullcrap. America is most defiently the leader of the world. America is the policeman of Earth, pretty much. For small example, WWII. IF we weren't there to kick Hitler's ass, your special little New Zealand would be speaking German right now. And you'd have blue eyes and blonde hair. And if you didn't you'd be dead. And there are still neo-nazis out there. So duunnut say that we really don't have much power, because if it weren't for our badass army, there be some dictator around, probably named Josef Hitler telling us that he prefers my house to be beige, instead of yellow.

Try to think about that.
Lol aren't you like 12 or something? Or 10? Like I'm drunk right now and even I can see you're talking complete shit. When have you ever sacrificed anything in your perfect world over there in America? 'Cause you're surely under extreme pressure by other parts of the world with your easy standard of living...

"Yours special little New Zealand"? As BWS already said, what? I'm not from New Zealand, and how would Hitler's forces have spread as far as New Zealand? New Zealand & Australia, under extreme surveillance by the British, would surely have been taken over by the Germans without American aid? Yeah, sure.

Like, seriously, have you even studied this part of history yet? Or are you just fed propoganda by the American method of education? Like, I'm sure you've read bits and pieces of this timeline, but I have read and studied weeks and weeks of this timeline of history. Are you aware it was a tri-spurred, assault on the German front that won WW2? The British opened a front, the Americans opened a front (which they provoked through the Japanese), and the Russians HAD THREE DIFFERENT FRONTS (which were provoked by the Germans). The Germans tried to attack Russia (the USSR) through Finland (North-West of the USSR), through the West, and through the South-West. USSR suffered over 26 million casualties.

I'll direct you to a Wikipedia page which illustrates my point (Wikipedia is not the be all and end all of sources, but it illustrates points well), and if you can find a source which contradicts it I will concede the point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties
Germany Population 1939: 69,623,000
United Kingdom Population 1939: 47,760,000
USA Population 1939: 131,028,000
Soviet Union Population 1939: 168,500,000
Yugoslavia Population 1939: 15,400,000

Germany Deaths as % of 1939 population: 10.38%
United Kingdom Deaths as % of 1939 population: 0.94%
USA Population Deaths as % of 1939 population: 0.32%
Soviet Union Deaths as % of 1939 population: 13.71%
Yugoslavia Deaths as % of 1939 population: 6.67%

I really don't know if you're joking or not. I presume you're not; note that saying you were joking isn't going to get you off the hook in this case, i.e. the stupid shit you said is always going to be remembered as DUMB.

In reference to the blue eyes and blonde hair idea, what percentage of the German army and what percentage of the German generals/officials/soldiers actually had blue eyes and blonde hair? lol well done at succumbing to your country's history lessons. I suppose it's not your fault.

"And if you didn't you'd be dead. And there are still neo-nazis out there"
Lol a lot of those neo-nazi groups are from the USA...
So duunnut say that we really don't have much power, because if it weren't for our badass army, there be some dictator around, probably named Josef Hitler telling us that he prefers my house to be beige, instead of yellow.
Lol what? Josef Hitler? That better have been a joke. There was a Josef Stalin (who was the president of the Soviet Union during World War 2) and there was an Adolf Hitler (who was president of Nazi Germany during World War 2). First of all, that name is ridiculous and erroneous. Second of all, if that was supposed to be some strange joke where you amalgamated the names of both leaders, then it was dumb. Those two leaders were the greatest of enemies. Josef Stalin and the USSR were THE greatest enemy of Nazi Germany (the statistics above are so emphatic as to no longer be an opinion but to mutate into FACT, they are literally that convincing). So how do you compare Josef Stalin and Adolf Hitler but in terms of how opposed they were towards each other?

Like really? The US had such a slight bearing on World War 2. The only media which expresses an opinion that the US was a weighing factor in the Allied victory is US media. US history maintains that the US is the defining force in the Allied victory. I think if you study the evidence and statistics that the answer becomes clear, really.

However, you're still a kid. I don't really blame you for not knowing all of this at your age.

What I do blame you for, however, is trying to rub all this American propoganda in the face of citizens of other countries, and claiming that you're the saints and angels of the world. You sicken me.
Last edited by Renegade_Turner on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:04 pm

Ren, it's moments like these that remind me why I love you.

As a friend.

Apart from the previously mentioned parts, I'm happy with Obama. He seems to know what he's doing, which is more than I can ask from some leaders.

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Lol aren't you like 12 or something? Or 10?
Well, yes. I'm 12, turning 13 on Friday. LOL DUDE LIKE YA IM LIKE ONLY TWELVE AND I DONT SAY LOL CONSTATNLY LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! LIKE YAAA!!!
Renegade_Turner wrote:Like I'm drunk right now and even I can see you're talking complete shit.
Mm hmm. I can see you just put in that sentence because it sounds REALLY COOL DUDE LOLOL!!!!
But seriously, I just lost about ten percent of a rat's ass I respected you before. Thank for that valuable piece of shit.
Renegade_Turner wrote:Like, seriously, have you even studied this part of history yet?
Like, dude, like, I don't, like, know, like, duuuude.... You sound like a fucking ten year old.
Renegade_Turner wrote:Lol a lot of those neo-nazi groups are from the USA...
Captian Obvious comes early this year, I suppose...
Renegade_Turner wrote:Lol what? Josef Hitler? That better have been a joke. There was a Josef Stalin (who was the president of the Soviet Union during World War 2) and there was an Adolf Hitler (who was president of Nazi Germany during World War 2). First of all, that name is ridiculous and erroneous. Second of all, if that was supposed to be some strange joke where you amalgamated the names of both leaders, then it was dumb. Those two leaders were the greatest of enemies. Josef Stalin and the USSR were THE greatest enemy of Nazi Germany (the statistics above are so emphatic as to no longer be an opinion but to mutate into FACT, they are literally that convincing). So how do you compare Josef Stalin and Adolf Hitler but in terms of how opposed they were towards each other?
Ever heard of children, dumbass? You'll probably never have them. Don't waste your time.
Renegade_Turner wrote:However, you're still a kid. I don't really blame you for not knowing all of this at your age.
Yep. I'm just a kid. A kid that appearantly knows more history than you.
Weren't you in ireland? Ireland doesn't win much wars. I understand. I don't blame you for not knowing shit at your age of what you claim is 16.
Renegade_Turner wrote: What I do blame you for, however, is trying to rub all this American propoganda in the face of citizens of other countries, and claiming that you're the saints and angels of the world. You sicken me.
LOLOL DUUUUDE!! I'll remember that, like, next time I like, am listening to your shit! :lol:
Apart from Ren's crapola, invertin wrote:Apart from the previously mentioned parts, I'm happy with Obama. He seems to know what he's doing, which is more than I can ask from some leaders.
Let's hope so :wink:

rebel28

Post by rebel28 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:08 pm

Starrz wrote:What did you think about Barack's speech today?

Personally, I thought it was okay. But some of the stuff he said suprised me. (In a good AND bad way.)
I think he was right, and about his mistake: everyone makes mistakes.